Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old September 2nd, 2008, 02:21 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Ch1can0īs Custom Maps - for 1 MS - New Map: Cool Walk

I got a chance to play on into the Shades at Shades's tournament, and it is a very fun map. The castle really doesn't give a big advantage to flyers like you would think, since my 10th reg were able ot scale the castle and clear it off pretty quickly. The road on the sides also saw a lot of play, as my oponent hunkered his Krav down, but even then it wasn't hard to take that area. Pretty much everywhere saw play, and the tides of battle swung constantly. No area was easy to keep, so you had to keep moving. I enjoyed it a lot.
Old September 5th, 2008, 05:12 PM

acdveins Woo who?

I just thought I'd drop in and give you a huge thanks. Overlord is my favorite HS map. It's simply amazing. I'm sure it will be inducted into the BOV! thanks again and keep 'em coming.

...I say kill her off.
Yeah, but you say plenty of things, and how's that work? You're a bicycle!
Old September 13th, 2008, 08:07 AM

Ch1can0 knows what's in an order marker Ch1can0 knows what's in an order marker

thx @ all for the positive feedback.

acdveins: thx, nice to hear that. First i hope the map will be reviewed. So you also had to go through building that 1st Level of Overlord .. and you made it, congrats!

Here a new map iīm editing

closer look on the center area

My Maps for 1, 2 and 3+ Mastersets

"We donīt cost enough." - Marro Warrior, just cloned.
Old September 13th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch1can0 View Post
thx @ all for the positive feedback.

acdveins: thx, nice to hear that. First i hope the map will be reviewed. So you also had to go through building that 1st Level of Overlord .. and you made it, congrats!

Here a new map iīm editing

closer look on the center area

Very intresting.... I'm looking forward to it!

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old September 13th, 2008, 06:50 PM

acdveins Woo who?

After the first level, Overlord is cake.

I can't wait to sink my teeth into that new one you just displayed.

...I say kill her off.
Yeah, but you say plenty of things, and how's that work? You're a bicycle!
Old September 13th, 2008, 07:15 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I gotta say Overlord has been one of my favorite maps to play on. The new one you posted though is looking extremely intriguing. As soon as you post the building instructions for it I plan to try it out. Keep up the good work. Your maps are awesome!

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old September 14th, 2008, 12:08 AM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!

Cool Walk is one of those great roadless maps. I can see how figures will have to spread out wide wise on this map which is strategy inducing. Great map, Chicano. Cool.

Old September 16th, 2008, 10:43 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Ch1can0, is there any way you can break down the thought process of how you design a map? I would love to know how the process plays out for you.

Things like: How you first see a map? Do you make revisions to maps as you design and are the changes based on game play? Stuff like that.

I hope thats not asking too much. Thanks!
Old September 29th, 2008, 03:02 PM

thx all for the feedback, always appreciated

Hi Raudulfr Shieldcrusher,

thx for your interest! Its a creative process so itīs not easy to describe but i will try Itīs rare that i just begin to play around with the editor, normaly i have a basic idea then i start building a map. The basic idea can be some kind of landmark, a special structure or a special use of road tiles or anything else. so i try to start with some unique feature for the map

Like the pyramid

in Anubis

Or the main structure

in Battle Bridge

or this building

in the map Prison

Then comes the "clean up" step. I check if there are groups of smaller tiles i can replace by bigger tiles. So i have more small tiles left for details. As i build with limited amount of sets i mostly try to use all tiles available. I check if double hexfigures can reach/attack all hexes, check if melee units can move rather quickly trough the map. I use the error function of the editor, most of the time i playtest my maps before i finally post them here... Well, thatīs it.

Last edited by Ch1can0; September 29th, 2008 at 03:19 PM.
Old September 29th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

That's the reason I consider you The best mapmaker.No offense to all you other mapmakers, but your maps are a extremly fun, and great looking.
I intend to have a two master set Map tournament next year which feature your map!

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old September 29th, 2008, 03:41 PM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades fan View Post
That's the reason I consider you The best mapmaker.
Absofrigginagree!

Old December 21st, 2008, 06:44 AM

Re: Ch1can0īs Custom Maps - for 1 MS - New Map: Serpentine

Thx a lot for the feedback, very appreciated!

Iīve added the last 1ms map i made:

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios