View Poll Results: Are the krav maga agents or Nakita agents are the best
krav maga agents are better 56 62.22%
Nakita agents are better 12 13.33%
They are the same 4 4.44%
they are both no reason to be polling about 18 20.00%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 2nd, 2008, 08:03 AM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: What agents are best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroic Monkey View Post
ParaGoomba, my guess would be that people don't like polls with black-and-white viewpoints; they like polls that give a wider range of options.
DING DING DING...tell him what he's won Johnny!!!!

You win Turtle Wax...The Encyclopedia Britanica and a years supply of Rice-A-Roni the San Francisco treat. (and some + rep)
I'll take "Units with Stealth Dodge" for 100, Ona.

I've taken down Cyprien with Engagement Strike.
But I've taken down Jotun with the MIB.
Old July 2nd, 2008, 08:10 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaGoomba Slayer View Post
I'm probably missing something big here, but I don't see what's the big deal with binary polls. Could someone please fill me in on why people shouldn't make them?
ParaGoomba Slayer, I, personally, do not like binary polls because if you are asking a yes/no or either/or question, it is simply better style to ask the question rather than using up bandwidth with an necessary poll. In my opinion, the poll option exists to gather new information that is better collected in a polling form, not just to put up a fancy way of asking a simple question.

The recent character polls, for instance, are quite valid as a way of tabulating people's responses. But asking, in a poll, "Which do you like better, apples or oranges?" is better done, I think, by simply asking the question and letting people respond in a post.
Old July 2nd, 2008, 09:42 AM

jsilvrs is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
But asking, in a poll, "Which do you like better, apples or oranges?" is better done, I think, by simply asking the question and letting people respond in a post.
That would require the poller to actually read what his fellow Scapers think instead of poll results. You can't really learn the why by just looking at the poll results.

I have to go with the Krav Maga. I have never played with them. They just make me nervous when my wife brings them to the table.

They also have a cool flashy light memory eraser.

Great Traders: Huggable Zombie
Old July 2nd, 2008, 09:49 AM

SoldierLeadership has disabled reputation

What agents are best at what? Well, I use the Krav for offensive purposes. I use the Nakitas to defend other figures against normal ranged attacks. So this really depends on how you want to play. I like setting a Nakita beside a Microcorp Agent or Omnicron Sniper.

So in my mind: Krav = Offense and Nakitas = Defense
Old July 2nd, 2008, 10:15 AM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalignantT View Post

Both are going to fold pretty quickly ranged specials, so it all comes down who are you fighting against?

If your opponent has a mobile melee army, Krav aren't as useful, and Nakita may have a shot with their engagement strikes.

It's not as though Stealth Dodge or Smoke Powder are going to do you any good if your opponent is fielding an all melee army, or has ranged special attacks, but the Nakita's engagement strike might keep an opponent from engaging, or at least swat down a couple squad figures or punish a hero for entering adjacency.
Stealth Dodge works against special attacks too, actually.

I voted for the Krav Maga, though I too would have voted for Microcorp.
Old July 2nd, 2008, 11:12 AM
...Huzzah!

EagleOne rolls all skulls baby! EagleOne rolls all skulls baby! EagleOne rolls all skulls baby! EagleOne rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billtog View Post
Thank you Billtog. I saw that earlier and was surprised no one else caught it.

As for me on the poll. I'm a Krav Maga Fan. The Stealth Dodge comes in handy in many situations. The Nakita's have their uses but they usually need to be in certain armies or against certain armies to get their value. Where as the Krav Maga are great in just about any army.
Old July 2nd, 2008, 11:29 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billtog View Post
Funny, my friends were over to 'scape the other day and got that wrong after reading the card.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Last edited by NecroBlade; July 2nd, 2008 at 11:38 AM.
Old July 2nd, 2008, 11:42 AM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
The recent character polls, for instance, are quite valid as a way of tabulating people's responses. But asking, in a poll, "Which do you like better, apples or oranges?" is better done, I think, by simply asking the question and letting people respond in a post.
This poll, however, lets you see very easily what the general sentiment is without having to tabulate all of the posts. It also lets people who don't feel they have anything really new to add still contribute. I think it's a great time saver. Finally, it makes it less likely that a vocal minority can skew perception. In the last character poll, for example, it would look like from the first few pages of textual responses that knights and ninjas were very close or perhaps the ninjas were actually winning whereas in truth the knights were ahead by a 2-1 margin.
Old July 2nd, 2008, 11:46 AM

oni is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaGoomba Slayer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Well at least it wasn't a binary poll.

I'm probably missing something big here, but I don't see what's the big deal with binary polls. Could someone please fill me in on why people shouldn't make them?
In most cases I would guess it is because the question and poll don't really match. Asking "which Samurai is better," or "which Elf is best" are poor questions to ask, too much is based on context and in most cases the options don't really compare. That's like asking, "Which is the best dessert? Chocolate ice cream or vanilla ice cream?"

A better question to ask would be something like, "When being served Apple pie, which do you prefer ala mode? Vanilla or Chocolate ice cream?" This gives a specific context to the two choices.

You'll notice many of the responses have the context or conditions of why they picked said Agent.

Read Revdyer post. He also has a good answer for you.

EDIT:

This thread could have been a good binary poll. A simple Y/N questions: Do you want to see more 2 unit squads?
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=19724

Feed the newbs! Link to a common HS topic in your signature.
Storage ideas
What Should I get next?

Last edited by oni; July 2nd, 2008 at 12:01 PM.
Old July 2nd, 2008, 12:55 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjib View Post
This poll, however, lets you see very easily what the general sentiment is without having to tabulate all of the posts.
Did you seriously think the results of this poll were in doubt?
Have you seen any binary poll (or effectively binary, because the other options were non-starters) where the results were in doubt?
Most of the binary polls (perhaps not all, I'll give that much) are mere gimmicks and nothing more.

I'll also grant that for lazy, non-reading people, binary polls might be good. But you are not one of those people, nor am I.
Old July 2nd, 2008, 01:11 PM

300Fire is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjib View Post
This poll, however, lets you see very easily what the general sentiment is without having to tabulate all of the posts.
Did you seriously think the results of this poll were in doubt?
Have you seen any binary poll (or effectively binary, because the other options were non-starters) where the results were in doubt?
Most of the binary polls (perhaps not all, I'll give that much) are mere gimmicks and nothing more.

I'll also grant that for lazy, non-reading people, binary polls might be good. But you are not one of those people, nor am I.
i agree
i like to kno what people to help me inationly in the game it self

Vydar shall rule
Old July 2nd, 2008, 01:21 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300Fire View Post
I agree.
I like to know what people to help me Initially in the game itself.
If you continue to post in such a sloppy manner, it is very likely that this: will turn in to this: and never this: .

To help you, the forums have a built in spell checker; I reccomend using it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units