Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old September 8th, 2022, 01:54 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!
Hexes in Texas - Dallas/Ft Worth NHSD 2022

15th "Annual" Hexes in Texas
National Heroscape Day Tournament

Details

When:
Saturday, October 15th, 2022
Start time will at 1:00. People can arrive at noon.
Should take 3-4 rounds.

Where:

Dignan's House
I'm at the intersection of Jupiter and Plano.
I'll PM anyone the address who needs it.

Entry Fee:
None

Prizes:
Bring an item for the prize table if you like. Not required. Anything you think like minded people would enjoy in the $10-$20 range (games, books, DVDs, comics, toys, etc)

Tournament Format:
Double Blind - Kill 'em all

Army construction:
  1. Point limit: 515
  2. Starting Spaces: 24 Hexes
  3. No Marvel, C3V, SoV, or Custom units allowed
  4. Restricted List: Each army can only have one card which is on the restricted list (see below)
  5. You only may field up to 3 sets of any ranged common unit on the restricted list.

Restricted List
Spoiler Alert!

Maps

Spoiler Alert!

Glyphs

All glyphs subject to change with map selection.
Power Glyphs:

Glyph of Kelda - Healer
Glyph of Gerda - Defense +1
Glyph of Wannok - Wound
Glyph of Valda - Move +2
Glyph of Dagmar - Initiative +8

Treasure Glyphs:

Heroic Rune - Attack +1
Talisman of Defense - Defense +1
Ring of Protection - Defense +3 (one time use)
Potion of Healing - Heal 3 Wounds (one time use)
Scarab of Invulnerability - Ignore Wounds (one time use)

Attendees (max 16)
1. Dignan
2. Rÿchean
3. Boodog
4. Alexandros
5. rym
6. DrinkMoreGuinness
7. Tmac
8. TmacDad
9. DrLivingston
10. John M. / Dissolutio
11. Nathan D.
12. Alex D.
13. BossyBoots
14. Nightwing
15. GrungeBob
16. Stormyman

Wait-list
1. Ryno

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Last edited by Dignan; October 14th, 2022 at 08:09 PM.
Old September 8th, 2022, 02:15 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth
Re: Hexes in Texas - Dallas/Ft Worth NHSD 2022

Thanks for putting this together, I'm in!!!

Attendees (max 16)
1. Dignan
2. Rÿchean

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by Rÿchean; September 8th, 2022 at 04:40 PM. Reason: in there like swimwear
Old September 8th, 2022, 02:35 PM

Davy Jones is surprisingly tart

Does the no customs rule apply to C3V/SoV as well? As someone who sold off his collection over the years but is now buying back in it could get pricy. Are 3D printed versions of classic units allowed?
Old September 8th, 2022, 02:55 PM

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy Jones View Post
Does the no customs rule apply to C3V/SoV as well? As someone who sold off his collection over the years but is now buying back in it could get pricy. Are 3D printed versions of classic units allowed?
Yes, the no custom rule applies to C3V and SoV. I'll update that in the OP.

3D prints are fine as long as they match reasonably well and people can tell what the unit is.

Also, both myself and Rÿchean have large collections and have loaned out units for play in the past.

"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old September 8th, 2022, 03:01 PM

Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth

Yes, my collection is available for use though I will be taking car keys this time around.

I loaned my Nilf in 2019 and someone conveniently forgot to return it and I forgot to collect it.

SO yeah, my figs and cards available to borrow, just give me your car keys.

Last edited by Rÿchean; September 8th, 2022 at 04:41 PM. Reason: cmon you know who you are give nify back!!!!!
Old September 8th, 2022, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rÿchean View Post
Yes, my collection is available for use though I will be taking car keys this time around.

I loaned my Nilf in 2019 and someone conveniently forgot to return it and I forgot to collect it.

SO yeah, my figs and cards available to borrow, just give me your car keys.
Yeah, we will need to have a better check out/check in system this year.

Old September 8th, 2022, 03:35 PM

Boodog knows what's in an order marker Boodog knows what's in an order marker

I’m in =]

Attendees (max 16)
1. Dignan
2. Rÿchean
3. Boodog

DUNESCAPE

The spice must flow!
Old September 8th, 2022, 05:32 PM

Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm in!

A few questions:

1. Can you elaborate on the "double blind - kill em all" format?
2. The restricted list- disregard this one, I missed a line of text.

Attendees (max 16)
1. Dignan
2. Rÿchean
3. Boodog
4. Alexandros
Old September 8th, 2022, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandros View Post
I'm in!
1. Can you elaborate on the "double blind - kill em all" format?
Double blind means that no one will reveal armies ahead of the tournament. You will just be paired with someone and that's the first time you or he will see each other's armies.

Kill em all means that we are simply playing to eliminate the other army. There is no alternate win condition like capture the flag or something.

Old September 8th, 2022, 11:14 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I’m in. As is Nightwing

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old September 8th, 2022, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
I’m in. As is Nightwing
Awesome!

Attendees (max 16)
1. Dignan
2. Rÿchean
3. Boodog
4. Alexandros
5. rym
6. Nightwing

Last edited by Rÿchean; September 12th, 2022 at 02:30 PM. Reason: forgot to edit
Old September 9th, 2022, 12:39 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

As always, I'm good for bringing a map or two. Just let me know

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-

Last edited by rym; September 9th, 2022 at 12:45 PM. Reason: And the 515 theoryscaping begins...

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day