Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old October 4th, 2022, 06:03 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Age of Annihilation - Backer Trend and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by orgsbane View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSamyon View Post
At the very least, Avalon Hill should have an ambassador program where they formally recognize the fans who are going above and beyond to see to it that the game is a success. I took a look at the brainstorming discussion on Discord and its really admirable how much legwork some fans are putting in. Those folks deserve something for their tremendous efforts especially if this doesn't fund.

We have an amazing community and if this isn't a success it won't be because of the fans that's for sure.
It's been really cool to see. I'm still banking on the 'scaper who sent a request to Snoop Dog via Twitter, asking for him to fund the campaign, citing "Snoop Dog hasn't failed me yet"
What about Wil Wheaton? The south Park creators are big into board gaming, even showing up in Tom Vasel videos. Two million is nothing to them....we'll, maybe not true for wil Wheaton lol.

Upset City Baby.
Old October 4th, 2022, 06:11 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by orgsbane View Post
Quote:
At the very least, Avalon Hill should have an ambassador program where they formally recognize the fans who are going above and beyond to see to it that the game is a success. I took a look at the brainstorming discussion on Discord and its really admirable how much legwork some fans are putting in. Those folks deserve something for their tremendous efforts especially if this doesn't fund.

We have an amazing community and if this isn't a success it won't be because of the fans that's for sure.
It's been really cool to see. I'm still banking on the 'scaper who sent a request to Snoop Dog via Twitter, asking for him to fund the campaign, citing "Snoop Dog hasn't failed me yet"
And don't forget the dude GrungeBob is summoning to buy 42 copies.

Man, this sounds like a bad movie plot. Even if this doesn't fund we'll have a funny story to tell about it later.
Old October 4th, 2022, 06:23 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Can you do cavemen?
A lot of people have neanderthal DNA and may not appreciate that representation of their elders.
The picture below should help explain why I like Heroscape. It's the kind of toy I played with as a kid. (I'm surprised Ken Ham hasn't tried to reprint this. lol)

Especially the modular terrain aspect of it.

The above models represents less than half of the complete collection, which I had (complete), fully assembled, painted, with all the bases connected, spread out on the basement floor.
https://www.tylisaari.com/prehistoricscenes/main.html

Fortunately, they included this, so kids didn't get the "wrong" idea.

Last edited by GaryLASQ; October 4th, 2022 at 06:41 PM.
Old October 4th, 2022, 07:01 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
I was surprised by how much content they've already worked on, and if they're already laying out plans for expansions then they've got a big head start on content
They have thrown out ideas and concept sketches, but I doubt they've designed any units. They have said the set they're taking orders for now isn't complete and the army cards aren't finalized, I doubt they're putting in serious work for expansions to a product that might not even be produced. I'm curious if there is any work going on now to finish the units for the new set, or if there is a freeze until the campaign ends.
Old October 4th, 2022, 08:24 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Positive hot take: this campaign *has* been super successful. Nearly $400,000 raised in four days. Most Kickstarters would be fully funded and blazing through stretch goals by now. So big kudos to the community for coming out and supporting this funding effort in full force.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 4th, 2022, 08:33 PM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Positive hot take: this campaign *has* been super successful. Nearly $400,000 raised in four days. Most Kickstarters would be fully funded and blazing through stretch goals by now. So big kudos to the community for coming out and supporting this funding effort in full force.
That's right. This is already one of the most successful board game crowd funding in history. To have raised this much money in three days would be a dream for most companies.
Old October 4th, 2022, 08:38 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

So whatever happens from here, never let it be said this community didn’t do its part.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 4th, 2022, 09:04 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
IMO, there is no way Vanguard is a single product if/when it hits retail.

Vangaurd with Stretch is basically the following:

1 Master set
1 Jungle Set
1 Ruin Set
1 Large Hero pack (sotm heroes)
1 Full wave of Figures and then some. (wave and a half????)
Excellent point. And Chris N. did say, before 10/1, that this would not be like the typical "master set" we have seen in the past. So yeah, they probably plan on breaking this BIG box down later.

In the past we never saw a "master set break down". When BftU released, I bought 4 of them. But I wanted 5 drow squads and 5 trolls, so I went to Auggies Games later to get them because I was done getting the whole set. So WotC-Hasbro got $120 and Auggies got $15 (I think, can't remember exactly.)

So hmm... if WotC-Hasbro had done:
A. BftU: Master Set $30
B. BftU: Dungeon Terrain Set $20
C. BftU: Drows and Troll $13
I would have done A*2 (because I like double uniques) + B*2 + C*3. So Hasbro would have received $19 more ($139) from me. Even without the extra C, it still would have been $6 more and less wasted plastic because of unneeded uniques, dice, etc. I guess it was all about getting more $ from the customers who would have done just one A and one C, instead of A*2.

I understand (sort of) the extra production expenses involved in making A, B and C instead of just A. But still; doing A, B and C would have shown all of us that Hasbro truly cared about customer satisfaction by offering more options due to the unique vs (un)common game mechanics, and a terrain-only option for gamers of other games. But then again, if doing A, B and C meant higher prices or less content than doing just A... good grief. I'm starting to go in circles with this.

I like the idea (I think) of giving the unique squads (or at least some of them) an extra life or two. I know they've said (un)commons are in the pipe. I would have preferred (un)commons now (using a tier or two in this offering) instead of later. Oh well.

Someone crunched the numbers and came up with what we're getting. Looks like a good deal to me, so I'm down for two. Will enough people who have never played (or played just a few times) see this as a good deal for entering (or re-entering) the game? I doubt it. It's more likely ATH (and other resellers) will swoop in and "save the day" (if necessary) as the campaign draws to a close. Hopefully it doesn't come to that and we get some (or all) of the stretch goals.

Last edited by GaryLASQ; October 4th, 2022 at 09:56 PM. Reason: fixed my math
Old October 4th, 2022, 09:05 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
That's right. This is already one of the most successful board game crowd funding in history. To have raised this much money in three days would be a dream for most companies.
It's really not doing bad at all, especially today. If it was set at Heroquest's minimum funding goal, we'd almost be halfway there. It's just such a high minimum.

https://www.cbr.com/most-successful-...-kickstarters/

#10 on that list sold $5.65 million worth. Just five extra minis are being offered if this hits $4 million..... At least so far. I don't fully disagree with all the naysayers saying it's too much of a buy in amount. Interesting happenings anyway. I can see this going either way. The important thing is momentum hasn't stopped yet, and in the case of the ghost rider Haslab, we're not losing backers for a week straight.

We're all adults, but Just don't go pledging a couple grand worth of sets if it isn't affordable for you, or for people you know to pay you later while you sit and wait for funds for a year and then they back out on you. We really don't want this to start sliding backwards if people realized buying 5 plus sets in the heat of the moment was being a little hasty in bringing heroscape back.

Upset City Baby.
Old October 4th, 2022, 09:52 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

We are now at 1600 backers, i.e. 20% funded and $400,000 committed. That's awesome from the OG community. This is on Hasbro - if you want $1.6M from new gamers, do some marketing to new gamers. Create an entry point for them. Do something.

This is awesome support, stoked on this community.
Old October 4th, 2022, 10:25 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This is great news! And, agreed. If the project fails, it is definitely not the fault of the community-members who are complaining about this project's marketing strategy.
Old October 5th, 2022, 06:51 AM

ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

As I’m sure has been said already, the lack of easy access for Australian and Oceania backers is really frustrating. I can back it via preorder with EB Games at over double the pledge cost (higher than currency conversion). Sheesh! All of my long-time-suffering gaming friends are shrugging their shoulders and pointing their wallets at Games Workshop…. Help me Hasbro - you’re my only hope!

Betty or Veronica...?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion