Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Notices

Old October 9th, 2015, 01:00 AM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Fan Fic Contest: Are you the best writer?

@Dysole @Tornado @Marro_Warlord @Elven Lord @Crixus33 @BiggaBullfrog
The prompt is now live, and we are all systems go once again. Let the writing commence!
I'm going to give Xotli the green light on the front page notice once he gives it the once over.
~TGRF.

Last edited by TGRF; October 9th, 2015 at 09:19 PM.
Old October 9th, 2015, 06:41 AM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Yay! The prompt seems awfully interesting. Definitely going to try to get something in.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old October 9th, 2015, 09:18 PM

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

@TheAverageFan What are your thoughts on a suspenseful/fear inducing tale? I may be getting into the Halloween atmosphere over here...

~TGRF.
Old October 9th, 2015, 10:46 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post
@TheAverageFan What are your thoughts on a suspenseful/fear inducing tale? I may be getting into the Halloween atmosphere over here...

~TGRF.
By all means, do what you want. As long as there's a twist in there somewhere, anything goes.

Or did you mean you wanted me to change the prompt to that?

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old October 10th, 2015, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post

~TGRF.
By all means, do what you want. As long as there's a twist in there somewhere, anything goes.

Or did you mean you wanted me to change the prompt to that?

~TAF
No, I was just checking to see if you were okay with it.

~TGRF.
Old October 31st, 2015, 02:19 PM

Well. I just made a rather large mistake. I managed to put my twist SO late in the story... that it's no longer part of the story at all. It comes after the end. Which means I would have to carry on for about nine pages after the climax, just to get to the twist.
*Sigh* I may have to rethink this one... I'm sure there's a way to do it...

~TGRF.
Old October 31st, 2015, 04:01 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

So your twist is that your twist isn't even in the story. I must say that's a new one.

~TAF

(P.S. Best get goin' folks, November 15th will be here before you know it)

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old October 31st, 2015, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
So your twist is that your twist isn't even in the story. I must say that's a new one.

~TAF

(P.S. Best get goin' folks, November 15th will be here before you know it)
Heh, there's a thought. I could build it up, you would know there's a twist, you'd be waiting, and then... nothing would happen.
Surprise!

~TGRF.
Old October 31st, 2015, 04:45 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Going to have to do a rewrite. The story's twist doesn't have much of a buildup, it's just shocking lore-wise.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old October 31st, 2015, 06:42 PM

@Tornado @BiggaBullfrog @Dysole @Elven Lord @Crixus33

So. Obviously the front page announcement did absolutely nothing whatsoever. Since I was pushing the month-long deadline primarily so that new people would have plenty of time to get in, I am perfectly fine with reverting to the old deadline system, where the judge announces it with the prompt. This way we can fit more than twelve prompts into a year.
Thoughts?

~TGRF, who may have found a way to fix his story. It involves rewriting half of it.

P.S. The deadline for this prompt would remain the same; any changes would apply to future prompts.
Old November 7th, 2015, 03:07 PM

O great and powerful TAF -

I have completed my stupendously awesome entry (). However, for whatever reason, I wrote it with chapters. There's five in all, plus a two paragraph long epilogue.
I've been considering posting it as a short fan fiction to tide my readers over until the zombies, but I'm not sure if you want me to post it here in its entirety first, or post it in the forum in installments first. Since you're the judge, I'll let you decide. Whichever format would be better for reading/judging. (I will end up posting it both ways - I just want to know which way you'd like to read it the first time.)

~TGRF.
Old November 7th, 2015, 03:47 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

That month flew by. Is this over?

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction