Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old December 12th, 2010, 07:06 PM

Gladitor Woo who?
Re: WARHAMMER 40k

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir william the bold View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladitor View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by braveheart101 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladitor View Post
I'm looking into the Tau army for warhammer 40k. I realize that they are no good at assaults, but my brother is going to play as the Orks, and my little brother is going to play as the space marines, both of which are very good melee battles. Any help please
Join a good Games Workshop forum, such as Dakka Dakka. You are sure to get great advice for beginners, as they have whole thread devoted to the tactic of individual armies. Also, if you are under 16, and wanna be taken seriously at your FLGS, DON'T be a temperamental high pitched, loud whiner that cannot take losing without throwing a hissy fit. You probably are not that kind of person, but there is a bit of prejudice towards younger gamers, esp. if they play Space Marines. If you can, convince your younger brother to play something other than Space Marines, there are way to many Space Marine players out there. Try to get him into a cool, under-played army, like Dark Eldar, or Imperial guard, or anything BUT Space Marines.

Also, if you plan on painting any of you figures, be sure to read lots of tutorials beforehand, so you don't accidentally ruin your figures, like I did when I was a newb.

Bravey
Thanks Braveheart, I'll remember that site you posted. Thanks also, nyys, I'll try to remember not to send my fire cast up against orks.... As for my little brother, braveheart, It's already to late for him, he already has the codex, but you can blame me for making him be the space marines, cause I suggested them to him. All of us (me and my brothers), are under 16, but I'll try to tell them not to lett loose a hissy fit when I beat them . I already checked the Tau on Games Workshop.Com and I think I'll like them A-lot. Thanks for the help nyys, Braveheart and bannister, Scape on.
Loose a hissy fit? when has that ever happened haha you are going down
Yes swtb, loose a hissy fit. I think it has happened around every game.... And who says your going to win? Lee might beat us

I'm the fart in the air conditioning, I'm always there, but usually, you never notice.

~Orson Scott Card~
Old January 5th, 2011, 10:07 PM

dragon master is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Why does evryone hate marines?
Old January 6th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Needs Reassurance

braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon master View Post
*Sigh*...Because they are so popular. I'll bet that if you took 10 WH40k gamers, 6-8 of them would have at least ONE Marine army, be it Space wolves, smurfs, Chaos Space Marines, etc etc. Plus, GW puts so much focus on the Space Marines, that they spend less time on the other armies that NEED updates (such as Necrons, Tau, and Sisters of Battle/Daemon Hunters, to name a few). Space Marines are pretty cool, but sadly they are to popular. Every obnoxious 7 year old that puts foot in a GW store probably plays Orks or Marines. Plus, I hate the Imperium, they are so dumb(won't go any farther on this one, I could go on for days)

Of course, there are some really cool people that play marines, though it is a shame that they play marines, and not some other army. But like I said, to many people play Marines.

Rant over.

Bravey

Need miniatures painted?

People to trade with: sixthflagbearer

Callipygian girls make the world go 'round.
Old January 6th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I can sort of understand it. I don't play Warhammer of any sort, but the Marines are the most intriguing to me.

But I don't understand, there are 100s of paint schemes, how come everyone only plays the top 4 or so? (Ultramarines, Blood Angels and Space Wolves jump to mind).
Old January 6th, 2011, 10:47 PM

because all the other paint scemes for marines are pretty cheasy looking.Or for us not skilled painters,just too complicated.
Old January 26th, 2011, 04:38 PM

Gladitor Woo who?

Quote:
because all the other paint scemes for marines are pretty cheasy looking.Or for us not skilled painters,just too complicated.
Actually, I thought the Sable swords paint scheme was pretty cool...

I'm the fart in the air conditioning, I'm always there, but usually, you never notice.

~Orson Scott Card~
Old January 26th, 2011, 04:41 PM

Gladitor Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by braveheart101 View Post
Quote:
*Sigh*...Because they are so popular. I'll bet that if you took 10 WH40k gamers, 6-8 of them would have at least ONE Marine army, be it Space wolves, smurfs, Chaos Space Marines, etc etc. Plus, GW puts so much focus on the Space Marines, that they spend less time on the other armies that NEED updates (such as Necrons, Tau, and Sisters of Battle/Daemon Hunters, to name a few). Space Marines are pretty cool, but sadly they are to popular. Every obnoxious 7 year old that puts foot in a GW store probably plays Orks or Marines. Plus, I hate the Imperium, they are so dumb(won't go any farther on this one, I could go on for days)

Of course, there are some really cool people that play marines, though it is a shame that they play marines, and not some other army. But like I said, to many people play Marines.

Rant over.

Bravey
I too, hate the emperium. They tried to kill the tau's home world, and the tau didn't even do anything. Also, this is what I think of the Space marines religion.(The Emperor goes here)

~Orson Scott Card~
Old February 5th, 2011, 05:56 PM

Marines. Over played? Yes.Is their religon stupid? Yes. Best nation? No. Cool looking. Yes.

That about all there is to it.
Old February 7th, 2011, 12:45 PM

ewabbie knows what's in an order marker ewabbie knows what's in an order marker

I am a space marine and orks fan.

What is better looking than this

and this

well maybe this

Old February 7th, 2011, 10:06 PM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!

So I don't play 40K either but I see everyone say there are too many Space Marines and Orks.

Which armies are there too few of? Who needs more players and more love?

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.
Old February 8th, 2011, 12:58 PM

Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I all really has to do with how old the codexes are. Currently Tau, Necrons, Inquisition, and Deamons are the 'bad' armies. Once they get a rules update people will play them.
Old February 9th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Back of man! I can't spell!

Bannister has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseman View Post
I all really has to do with how old the codexes are. Currently Tau, Necrons, Inquisition, and Deamons are the 'bad' armies. Once they get a rules update people will play them.

Hey, I resemble that remark!

Tau are underplayed but still a fun army and imho, able to compete if you know what you are doing.

Sisters can still compete and a lot of fun actually but it's the all metal thing that gets them for most people. Grey Knights have a brand new codex coming in March? April? I think.

Necrons are just kind of boring to me but they have promise.

I never did "get" Daemons?

Bannister

That can only mean one thing. And I don't know what it is.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures