Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old April 17th, 2019, 10:24 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

It seems like the “number of the OM” mechanic isn’t as popular, then.
Old April 17th, 2019, 10:32 AM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post

SHERIFF'S POSSE
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Clayton Pierce, you may choose up to X other Unique Lawman Heroes you control. Move each chosen Lawman up to 5 spaces. Each Lawman must be able to end their move within 5 clear sight spaces of Clayton.

SHOOTOUT
After revealing an Order Marker on Clayton Pierce or a Unique Lawman Hero and taking that Lawman's turn, if the Lawman attacked an opponent's figure during its turn, you may take a turn with every other Lawman that has an Order Marker on its card. During these turns they can only attack. Clayton may be one of the Lawmen taking a turn using Shootout.
Does the power level of four guaranteed attacks per turn bother anyone?
Old April 17th, 2019, 10:46 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:

SHERIFF'S POSSE
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Clayton Pierce, you may choose up to X other Unique Lawman Heroes you control. Move each chosen Lawman up to 5 spaces. Each Lawman must be able to end their move within 5 clear sight spaces of Clayton.

SHOOTOUT
After revealing an Order Marker on Clayton Pierce or a Unique Lawman Hero and taking that Lawman's turn, if the Lawman attacked an opponent's figure during its turn, you may take a turn with every other Lawman that has an Order Marker on its card. During these turns they can only attack. Clayton may be one of the Lawmen taking a turn using Shootout.
Yeah, kinda. Limiting it to three turns seems like plenty, and gives a little freedom to activate a non-Lawman.
Old April 17th, 2019, 11:04 AM

Limiting it to three turns? So, all numbered order markers or something?
Old April 17th, 2019, 11:16 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
I am assuming that the Lawman who takes a Turn +3 others who have OMs on their cards.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old April 17th, 2019, 11:22 AM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Quote:
I am assuming that the Lawman who takes a Turn +3 others who have OMs on their cards.
Well, +2 others.

Quote:
SHOOTOUT
After revealing an Order Marker on a Unique Lawman Hero and taking that Lawman's turn, if the Lawman attacked an opponent's figure during its turn, you may take turns with up to two other Lawman Heroes you control. A Lawman Hero taking a turn with Shootout must have an Order Marker on its card. During these turns they can only attack.
Old April 17th, 2019, 11:25 AM

Forgive my questions, but a "Move 3, attack with three" breakdown on his abilities does seem to edge him closer to the "omegacron/Lao Xin" style of bonding - which we were explicitly told was not going to pass. Is that a valid concern?
Old April 17th, 2019, 11:27 AM

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Well, +2 others.

Quote:
SHOOTOUT
After revealing an Order Marker on a Unique Lawman Hero and taking that Lawman's turn, if the Lawman attacked an opponent's figure during its turn, you may take turns with up to two other Lawman Heroes you control. A Lawman Hero taking a turn with Shootout must have an Order Marker on its card. During these turns they can only attack.
Ah, I wouldn't restrict it to 2 others, I would allow it for all lawmen who have Order markers on them. It encourages you to spread out your Order Markers on my of your Lawmen, otherwise that X order marker just becomes a token marker where it will always be used on another lawmen and Clayton will likely always get 2 Numbered Order Markers, to get extra movement.

I think you are losing some of its uniqueness by limiting to two other lawmen, and some of the hard choices. It will no longer be a choice to decide to put 2 OM's on Clayton for extra movement, vs spreading out all OM's on all Lawmen for extra Shootout activations. Major gameplay implications.

Old April 17th, 2019, 11:28 AM

AgentWard is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

SHERIFF'S POSSE

SHOOTOUT
Yeah, kinda. Limiting it to three turns seems like plenty, and gives a little freedom to activate a non-Lawman.
Personally, I think that the number of attacks is not the problem but rather the power of these attacks. Several Lawmen have strong AoE special attacks.

I prefer a restriction to normal attacks than limiting the number of turns.
Old April 17th, 2019, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Well, +2 others.

Quote:
SHOOTOUT
Ah, I wouldn't restrict it to 2 others, I would allow it for all lawmen who have Order markers on them. It encourages you to spread out your Order Markers on my of your Lawmen, otherwise that X order marker just becomes a token marker where it will always be used on another lawmen and Clayton will likely always get 2 Numbered Order Markers, to get extra movement.

I think you are losing some of its uniqueness by limiting to two other lawmen, and some of the hard choices. It will no longer be a choice to decide to put 2 OM's on Clayton for extra movement, vs spreading out all OM's on all Lawmen for extra Shootout activations. Major gameplay implications.
That's four attack turns per order marker, which is the thing I was a bit concerned about.
Old April 17th, 2019, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentWard View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

SHERIFF'S POSSE

SHOOTOUT
Personally, I think that the number of attacks is not the problem but rather the power of these attacks. Several Lawmen have strong AoE special attacks.

I prefer a restriction to normal attacks than limiting the number of turns.
Valid points, I'd like to hear in playtesting, trying these two different options and how they seemed to influence the game. Something to keep an eye on.

Old April 17th, 2019, 11:33 AM

Quote:
That's four attack turns per order marker, which is the thing I was a bit concerned about.
That is a maximum of 4 attacks per Order Marker. It still requires getting Lawmen into position. Before you limit it, I think some playtesting reports on how easily this was to achieve. I like units who present difficult choices, ones that can be rewarding when you make the right calls. OM placement(Clayton extra movements) vs how powerful shootout this round, I think is an excellent choice to have to make.

Failure to do so, means Clayton gets 2 (numbered) OM's pretty much every round.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards