Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old November 14th, 2007, 06:50 PM

Razsk has disabled reputation
My first HeroScape experience

Hi All

I am Razsk and this is my first post on Heroscapers.

I was introduced to HS 3 weeks ago. I played with a friend. We only used one MS. It was great fun and I thought about buying it myself but he has paid the equivalent of $120 for his set here in Denmark. That was too much for me.
But the game was strangely appealing so I looked it up on Amazon UK. I could get it for £33~$60. That was ok for me. I decided to put the game on my wishlist. Then I looked up more info on the game on BGG and found Heroscapers. Read the reviews on all the expansions and was thrilled about all the combinations you could have with castle, terrain and wave expansions.
Finally I read a battle report from a dad who had played with his 6 year old son. That sold me! I have a 5 year old son and a son 18 months old. I ordered the MS on the spot. Christmas could wait but not HS.
During long week before my MS arrived I passed the time listing to Scapetalk and reading the fantastic Codex issues.
When I brought the package with the MS home. My baby son was the first to greet me. He grabbed the package (its about his height and you know its weight) and dragged it into the living room. I proceeded to step on it and jump down from it. When I removed the brown wrapping he was even more thrilled by the colorful images on the MS. Knowing that wrapped gifts have toys inside he demanded by whining to have box opened.
I managed to sneak the figures away and handed out the tiles to him. My 5 year old son joined us and we started to build a terrain on the living room floor. That is two were building and my baby son was mostly ripping tiles up, but we all had fun.
Then it was time for me to put my baby son in bed and went into the bathroom to change his diaper. While between diapers he started urinating and in the confusion he ran into my wife in the living room. The she yelled to me: "He is urinating on your new Heroscape game!". And so he had. Half the terrain was wet. But this is no ordinary boardgame. So I simple lifted af the board up in one piece and rinsed the tiles in luke warm water.
And played with my 5 year old son on the dry half.
How many can say that their Heroscape game was baptized before they started playing it ?
Old November 14th, 2007, 06:58 PM

that guy has disabled reputation
Nice first post! I can't wait till my son is old enough.
Old November 14th, 2007, 07:04 PM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker
Re: My first HeroScape experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razsk
Half the terrain was wet. But this is no ordinary boardgame. So I simple lifted af the board up in one piece and rinsed the tiles in luke warm water.
And played with my 5 year old son on the dry half.
Now that's dedication! Welcome to the forum, Razsk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old November 14th, 2007, 07:04 PM

fejkl Woo who?
I laughed out loud at the "your son is urinating on your Heroscape Game!" comment. I have a 2 1/2 year old who's pretty much potty-trained, but the image of him doing that last year came to mind, and I had to laugh.

While I haven't had urine on my HS, I have had milk spilled on it. I love the fact that we were just able to put the wet tiles in the sink, replace them with some extra tiles, and continue on as if nothing had happened. I love this game.

Oh, yeah. Welcome to the boards.

Aldin should be here soon, I'm guessing.

No signature here. Just keep moving on.
Old November 14th, 2007, 07:17 PM

grizz is surprisingly tart
Welcome to heroscapers.

My 8yo son and I play all the time and I have to play just as hard as I would if it was my wife I was playing and even then I can only beat him half the time. It really is a great game for all.

Old November 14th, 2007, 07:17 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Welcome! Great story and first post. I can honestly say none of my HS stuff has been baptized. It's good to hear you were able to pass the time waiting with all the wonderful resources here! Hope your tiles dry off and you can enjoy a full-sized* board.

*You haven't really seen "full-sized" until you visit Dr. Wierdscaper's map thread.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 14th, 2007, 08:12 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by fejkl
Oh, yeah. Welcome to the boards.

Aldin should be here soon, I'm guessing.
Ooh! Let me try!

On behalf of our urinating and tile-rinsing community, I extend to you a laurel and hearty handshake!

~Taeblewalker, who has never had so much as a single Arrow Grut baptized

And with apologies to to Aldin. I just couldn't resist coming up with one of your clever sayings!

Old November 14th, 2007, 08:26 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Welcome to the boards, Razsk!

On behalf of our software developing and thoroughly amused community I extend to you a laurel and a hearty handshake.

As a new member, you can begin your journey on the path to the fellowship, praise and respect of your Heroscapers peers by checking out this announcement: http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=6970

~Aldin, Baby Razsk, on a scale of one to ten - you're an eight! (NOTE: this is a pun in English, not a slam on baby Razsk who is clearly awesomely enthralled with my favorite game)

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old November 14th, 2007, 08:33 PM

Burlapple has disabled reputation
I "baptize" all my games...umm did I say that outloud?

As a fellow forum newb, Welcome to the forum!
Old November 14th, 2007, 08:41 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
*Aldin slaps his forehead*

Sheesh, how did I miss Newb's troll?

Welcome to the boards, Burlapple!

On behalf of our taking advantage of the bad luck of others and living under the stairs community I extend to you a laurel and a hearty handshake.

As a new member, you can begin your journey on the path to the fellowship, praise and respect of your Heroscapers peers by checking out this announcement: http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=6970

~Aldin, apologetically

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old November 15th, 2007, 07:50 AM

Razsk has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin
Welcome to the boards, Razsk!

On behalf of our software developing and thoroughly amused community I extend to you a laurel and a hearty handshake.
Thanks to you all for the warm welcome.

- Razsk
Old November 15th, 2007, 08:16 AM

Ted has disabled reputation
Welcome aboard and thanks for sharing such a great story. I don't have kids yet but I am sure that once they show up I will have my bouts of fun.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion