Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old January 21st, 2021, 04:30 PM

redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Welcome to C3G! – Directory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
There was talk of making Ronan an Adjudicator.
Ronan should have some fellow Accusers soon.
Old January 21st, 2021, 04:58 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redstang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
There was talk of making Ronan an Adjudicator.
Ronan should have some fellow Accusers soon.
I would love that.
Old January 21st, 2021, 05:31 PM

GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby! GamerHusband rolls all skulls baby!

I think it is a great idea to look at the current designs a little closer. As long as it just means that the cards get reprinted, I don't think that is big deal. It would be nice to get the changes all at once, that way we can update our cards in one go. What I would not really want is the minis to get updated, unless a unit that is currently a mod unit now as a better production one.

I think it is great idea to give the entire project as a whole a little overhaul to work out any rough edges.

Proud to be a C3G Ally!!

Gamerhusband's customs comics thread
Old January 21st, 2021, 05:32 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Those pushing for changes have definitely been doing so with the idea of "let's do this all at once, and not have to update anything else any time soon (hopefully ever, but hard to guarantee that)."

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 21st, 2021, 07:00 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah the guy doing the poker cards doesn't want to drag this out and wants it to all be done at once if possible. I hear he can be a demanding jerk sometimes.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 21st, 2021, 07:38 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Rumour has it.
Old January 21st, 2021, 08:09 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

What do you say we make it true?
Old January 22nd, 2021, 11:11 AM

SIEGE knows what's in an order marker SIEGE knows what's in an order marker SIEGE knows what's in an order marker

Thank you for asking the community for feedback! I appreciate it!

I am in favor of class changes for the purposes of better balance, consistency, and/or theme. I am fine with removing "one off" classes as long as it promotes better balance, consistency, and/or theme. I am not opposed to "one off" classes when they are appropriate for the unit. For example, if a unit has a "one off" class, but that class is the most appropriate thematically, then it should keep that class, but if a unit has a "one off" class and there is a commonly used class that fits the unit just as well, then it should be changed.

I think there is a good balance to strike with the usefulness and frequency of these types of changes. I think it is worth while to streamline things and form a more solid foundation for the project from time to time, so I would suggest one big sweep every once and a while. If you push too many small updates frequently, it becomes tougher for the community to keep up with when established units are changing so often. Too much focus on updates also runs the risk of getting stuck in update loops where you spend so much time working on updates that you don't have time to focus on new units and rules.
Old January 22nd, 2021, 11:42 AM

Captain Redbeard knows what's in an order marker Captain Redbeard knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
We're closing in on our 12th year as a project, and have well surpassed our wildest ambitions as we've blown past 1,000 designs. With that in mind, we've taken a close look at our library, with the benefit of hindsight and a wealth of knowledge gained through experience over those years. We are currently considering updating some old designs to give them more appropriate classes. Nothing is set in stone, and we value your feedback. A couple examples would be:
• Animal Man changing from an Adventurer(tied to Fantastic Four synergy) to a Champion(tied to Justice League synergy)
• potentially removing a degree of "one off" classes to ensure a more mindful streamlined library as we head into the many designs of the future
Do you feel that these types of changes are worth while endeavors for a more solid foundation to the project, or do you feel the need to re-print these cards to be more bother than benefit?

We are looking to do one sweep to get things to a comfortable and confident place moving forward, at which point we will be far more vigilant to ensure as soon as they are released to you, that these types of updates will not be needed.

We want to hear from all of our fans so if you can see this but aren't actively involved behind the scenes of C3G please respond. I'd definitely love to hear from our most active Allies though so I'm gonna tag a few of you here:
@AlexH12
@Captain Redbeard
@Dr. Jekyll
@Ericth74
@FreshFoods
@GamerHusband
@redstang
@SIEGE
@Splash
@Sporx
@Zakizzryn
I like the idea of any changes that keeps more heroes relevant and usable as more and more new heroes are released! Part of the fun of c3g is getting to see dream match-ups play out in a formatted setting so by updating older heroes it allows them not to be lost to time! I think that updates and changes to older heroes should be released as they become relevant, for example if a new batch of heroes would cause previous ones to be completely outdated or outclassed it would make sense to update said hero at the same time. Another instance would be if a new hero is released and can use an old hero to make them overpowered or broken then it would make sense to patch that old hero in the same release. As far as doing them in batches I think that would work when the heroes relate to one another so that updates still are focused and not just a random gathering of old heroes. Above all though I love that updating old heroes is even being discussed as it really hammers home the passion and care that goes into c3g!
Old January 22nd, 2021, 12:03 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Thanks for the feedback!
Old January 22nd, 2021, 01:00 PM

redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIEGE View Post
Thank you for asking the community for feedback! I appreciate it!

I am in favor of class changes for the purposes of better balance, consistency, and/or theme. I am fine with removing "one off" classes as long as it promotes better balance, consistency, and/or theme. I am not opposed to "one off" classes when they are appropriate for the unit. For example, if a unit has a "one off" class, but that class is the most appropriate thematically, then it should keep that class, but if a unit has a "one off" class and there is a commonly used class that fits the unit just as well, then it should be changed.

I think there is a good balance to strike with the usefulness and frequency of these types of changes. I think it is worth while to streamline things and form a more solid foundation for the project from time to time, so I would suggest one big sweep every once and a while. If you push too many small updates frequently, it becomes tougher for the community to keep up with when established units are changing so often. Too much focus on updates also runs the risk of getting stuck in update loops where you spend so much time working on updates that you don't have time to focus on new units and rules.
I generally agree with everything stated here.
Old January 22nd, 2021, 02:14 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I always appreciate a more streamlined database & gameplay and support anyway to get a card to feel closer to a character I love. A slightly reworked card is certainly better than an old design collecting dust. And cards that have become over-costed/under-costed (growth of a faction or replaced within a faction) could always, within reason, be updated for a more fair pricing point (cause if the pointages aren't as accurate as they can be, why even use them). Printing cards can be annoying, but I've just accepted that, for better or worse, spending money on ink is a part of being a fan at this point.

I think Punisher was the first one I realized I had to reprint, when I read it on the 6th Index post back in February. The updates do help a lot. That said I haven't reprinted some others, like the leaping/web swing, cause there's no actual change that affects gameplay as far as I know. Let me know if I'm wrong. It'd be even neater if the mandatory reprints for official gameplay/testing use were in red and the optional (condensed wording or dropping unneccesary things/Madrox Prime) were in yellow or green or orange or something.

*Look forward to Count Vertigo possibly working with Suicide Squad and maybe my idea of consolidating Celebrity/Entertainer could eventually make its way in.

There are a few card figures I'd like to see not look like melted playdoh, but I know that can be a lot to ask of the very talented art crowd and it doesn't really affect gameplay much, so I'm fine just getting different ones on my own. If us fans and Allies really want to I think there's a way to spend rewards on that too. Also I definitely prefer occasional large batches over intermittent little updates as well.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy