Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old December 4th, 2018, 02:36 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!
Re: LC's Customs- Glass Golem and Scarecrow 12/03/18

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Hey Lama, I did an availability check on the Glass Golem in case you were still considering that SoV submission from 6 years ago:
I will definitely consider that SF! Thanks for the encouragement to do so.

I will wait until I receive the actual figure to confirm size which may have a drastic effect on pricing (considering a double space fig has much more damage potential using Shards)
Old December 4th, 2018, 02:51 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Why an Uncommon Hero rather than a Unique Hero?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old December 4th, 2018, 02:59 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Well, looky at what just arrived...
Comparison pic (along with a few other figs I am totally excited about)

She is a little bigger than I thought, more of an 8 or 9 rather than the Large 7 i have her at on the card, but I think she will fit on a large single base.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Honestly it was just to go with the convention of golems and constructs being uncommon. However, it is not something I married to since I like to go outside the box
Old December 4th, 2018, 03:06 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
So that adds up to 170+, about 60 of which are dirt cheap. Bottom line, the availability is there, and I think another Large Construct could be fun....
Are we close to learning who Valingul is?

Quote:
It follows the precedent set by the Iron Golem and Greater Ice Elemental, although I don't necessarily think that any of those examples really benefit from being Uncommon in the first place. I actually like the Uncommon aspect of this card, though, especially if a reasonable amount of the figure can be attained for less than $5. In addition to following the previous examples, it provides army-building flexibility and I'm not convinced that the overall design itself is stronger as a Unique Hero.

We do have the upcoming Avernus as an example of a Unique Construct, though, if I'm remembering things correctly, so if LC wanted to to give the Glass Golem a name and say that this is a specific one then it wouldn't really bother me, either.
Old December 4th, 2018, 03:09 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Quote:
So that adds up to 170+, about 60 of which are dirt cheap. Bottom line, the availability is there, and I think another Large Construct could be fun....
No.*

*(although true, that answer is intentionally misleading)
Old December 4th, 2018, 03:11 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Augamo is also a Unique Construct and there are at least two other Unique Constructs in the C3V pipeline above the one you mentioned.

I don't know if a bio could justify leaving her as a Construct, but I think it is cool to think of her as a specific woman that was somehow turned into glass. Part of it is because she has very distinct features and looks very human, while most constructs tend to be kind of faceless or only vaguely human (see Augamo) and they also tend to have oddly proportioned bodies (see almost every other construct in the game).

--
--
--

--
Old December 4th, 2018, 03:21 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Augamo is also a Unique Construct and there are at least two other Unique Constructs in the C3V pipeline above the one you mentioned.

I don't know if a bio could justify leaving her as a Construct, but I think it is cool to think of her as a specific woman that was somehow turned into glass. Part of it is because she has very distinct features and looks very human, while most constructs tend to be kind of faceless or only vaguely human (see Augamo) and they also tend to have oddly proportioned bodies (see almost every other construct in the game).
A sculptor wanted to surprise his kindly wife with a beautiful glass sculpture of her, but she died just a few days before it was finished. Distraught, the sculptor turns to the dark arts to bring her back, but only manages to trap her soul inside the sculpture.

I'm no writer, but could something like that work?
Old December 4th, 2018, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
A sculptor wanted to surprise his kindly wife with a beautiful glass sculpture of her, but she died just a few days before it was finished. Distraught, the sculptor turns to the dark arts to bring her back, but only manages to trap her soul inside the sculpture.

I'm no writer, but could something like that work?
It would satisfy me for the most part--there has to be a bit in there explaining how this glass construct became worthy of the fields of Valhalla, but that's a conceivable thing. Sounds like a fun writing prompt.

--
--
--

--
Old December 4th, 2018, 03:34 PM

Quote:
That was actually my original reason when I first created her. Before I responded to your question I did a search to see if that was still true. I saw the C3V pipeline units and figured my reason wouldn't hold up anymore but wasn't sure if I, an emeritus of the project, would be speaking out of turn in mentioning that. So I figured I would just post my original answer and see what happened.

Quote:
I always thought of golems as creatures made out of inanimate material that was brought to life through whatever means. Since she is made of glass I went with golem and golems in HS are constructs, hence construct. As I said earlier, I am not married to this- she isn't a golem/construct because I think that is what she MUST be, only because that seemed a feasible way for her fit with canon.

Of course now, I want to go write a bio of one Vydar's R&D weapons experiments with one of his summoned warriors going horribly wrong having an unforeseen affect on organic tissue...

Ninja'd by @MrNobody
Old December 4th, 2018, 04:02 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Quote:
No.*

*(although true, that answer is intentionally misleading)
I take it that means we won't see him in the Public Playtesting forum anytime soon... Because he's about to suddenly be released without a bio tonight, surprising everyone? I eagerly look forward to his arrival.

Quote:
I completely forgot about Augamo and Boreos (and the other guy that I think that you're talking about). Thanks for the reminder; I hadn't realized that we had plenty of examples of Unique Hero constructs as well. In that case, I think it's really just down to whatever Lamaclown feels fits the story the best.
Old December 4th, 2018, 04:36 PM

Just a quick rough draft...

Quote:
Lilja
Lilja raised her fist in defiance. As a giantess of the fabled empire of giants in the realm of Xen’drik in Eberron, she would not give up easily. Upheaval of the land caused by the use of powerful magic to protect the giants from invading forces had brought the wrath of the dragons upon them.

Not a savage brute as her descendants would be, Lilja held no ill will toward the dragons for she knew the terrible impact the giants' use of magic had upon Eberron. However, she also loved her people and as one of the last of the guardian clan of her city, she would do whatever she could to protect their continue existence.

Her fist raised in defiance at the descending dragon, she saw the glow of flame grow from its mouth and then, instead of feeling searing heat, she heard a cool, calculating, but not unfriendly voice.

“I am Vydar, and I have summoned you here…”

Lilja, as she learned, was an oddity of giants that had been summoned to Valhalla. The other ginats summoned from Eberron were from a later period after the glory of the giant’s empire, and displayed little of the intellectual and magical potential of the ancient giant-kind from which she was summoned.

Vydar had plans to augment her intellectual and physical prowess as a giantess by tapping into the magical power she had learned to harness and fuse that with a technology that would enhance her nervous system with glass fibers through which light would travel, speeding her thinking and reaction time, enabling her to make more efficient use of the magical energies within her.

That was Vydar’s plan. His plan did not account for the incredible magical power Lilja had accumulated. His plan was not the searing pain that streaked through her body. The plan was not the complete absorption of her magical energies into the glass fibers being implanted in her nervous system. The plan was not for her once battle-scarred flesh to be stripped from her body and her limbs mangled and twisted into grotesque protrusions. The plan was not for the glass to take over everything.

Lilja emerged from the failed experiment, not as an augmented giantess with incredible magical powers, but rather as a sculpture of glass- the perfect image of her once mighty race captured in crystalline form. Worse than this to Lilja was the loss of her magic; so long to master and so quick to lose.

Upon discovering the failure of the experiment, Vydar, seeing no use for a crystalline warrior abandoned her, casting her out. As she wandered aimlessly through the lands Valhalla, she was happened upon by one she thought an angel who introduced herself as Raelin.

Now, she fights for Jandar- one who saw her not as a rejected experiment, but restored her dignity to her by recognizing that, magic or not, she was a noble giantess and warrior of Xen’drik!
How is that (as a start) for accounting for a giant chunk of glass walking the battlefield ?

EDIT: BTW- I would change her to Giant/Guardian

Last edited by Lamaclown; December 4th, 2018 at 04:54 PM.
Old December 4th, 2018, 05:09 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I honestly like her as a construct more than anything else.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards