Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old April 14th, 2021, 01:23 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

I get that you have your reasons why you think everything is justified. To be blunt, it's not about your perspective on your own design. If things need to be explained to justify them, that's an issue. I don't care about back stories. I want a design where I look at the card and it all fits together for me. I don't think the solution here is for me to spend more time with you 1-on-1 talking about your design.
Old April 14th, 2021, 01:25 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
As for the competitive and gameplay aspect, I have a lot of data that I could share with you that addresses the concerns of no hitzones. More importantly, itd be great to play a game with you and show you that they arent a threat or a meta breaker to anything except the 4th mass.
His point wasn't about causing problems in the metagame. As he said, it could cause stalemate situations, where neither side wishes to give up their advantageous positions. Or games where ranged is completely unable to gain board advantage. That's not broken, but it's also not fun. If that's how it plays out, the unit will get downvoted in the testing phase.
Old April 14th, 2021, 01:32 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Ouch! That is definitely clear. Once I reach the appropriate SoV downvotes here or VC downvotes in the private room I'll definitely act this.

Hunter bonding is uphill, I understand that. If no hitzones are bad too then I've got no options but to phase that out too.

Definitely appreciate the feedback, thankyou for posting.
Old April 15th, 2021, 03:43 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Since shiftrex is actively workshopping many different versions of this unit, I vote to review at this time.
Old April 15th, 2021, 03:50 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Okay dokey, I'll get to testing my next version.
Old April 15th, 2021, 03:55 PM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
Okay dokey, I'll get to testing my next version.
Well, it hasn't actually failed yet, but...

I find dok's comments about the potential problems with a no-Hit-Zone common squad compelling. So I'm going to change my vote to , as I don't want to see that sort of stalemating or dull endgames.

With that, the Wulfling Hunters have received 4 Nay votes to review (BiggaBullfrog, Astroking112, superfrog, and Scytale) and are removed from the process.
Old April 15th, 2021, 11:01 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avendoram View Post
I suppose I'll try to submit my first one SOV submission. I went looking through all my customs trying to decide which one could fit into the official game the most, and it feels like Havech Igniter is the best option. The figure is Storm Golem with Flamer from AT-43. One or two copies are available in most Storm Golem attachment boxes which are still commonly found for around 20 dollars on ebay.

While his statline is powerful, I feel his slow speed and the slight chance of backfiring makes up for it. Not to mention his 1 life as a common hero makes him an easy target for ranged attackers.

It's an interesting idea, but have to vote because of the reuse of the Havech Eradicator sculpt. I think you can do something cool with a different sort of flamethrower than Mimring or Rhogar, but the power as written probably needs some wording help as you can have a ranged attack that doesn't fire in a traceable line of hexes.
Old April 16th, 2021, 12:26 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

I’ll also vote to the Havech Igniter. Like others have said, it’s a very neat concept, but things like figure used and the extra language needed for flamethrower unfortunately hold it back.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old April 16th, 2021, 10:43 AM

The Havech Igniter has received 4 Nay votes to review (Scytale and Astroking112, vegietarian18, and BiggaBullfrog) and is removed from the process.
Old May 3rd, 2021, 08:58 PM

Re-Submission

Here is the tune up from a few weeks ago. I think this iteration fits in more with the expectations of Hunters, with 2 man squads and provides a bit different of a playstyle.

It doesn't create a wall of no hitzones anymore and it doesn't touch the thought space of "Hunters Heroes" anymore. Nothing has changed in their leftbox or their bio (not that the bio matters). Some people have brought up similarities to Beakface Sneaks as a 2 man peer, I'd like to point out that Evasive is distinctly different than Stealthy in what it communicates as a power in both function and theme (props to Preyblood Thrall btw, it's a fun unit).

THE HUNT, is the name I finally settled on for their main power. It differs from the 2 powers it is inspired from in current scape because it is 1. tribal, 2. has specific requirements that communicate a generalized theme, 3. sets the unit up to like being "unengaged" to get perks and aggressive on the play.

Let me know what you think of the latest iteration. I think I have addressed all the previous concerns about fun/unfun gameplay.

WULFLING HUNTERS

GENERAL = ULLAR
PLANET = FEYLUND
SPECIES = WULFLING
UNIQUENESS = COMMON SQUAD
CLASS = HUNTERS
PERSONALITY = FEARSOME
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 1

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = 50

THE HUNT
After revealing an Order Marker on this Army Card, if the Wulfling Hunters wounded an enemy figure then you may take an additional turn with a Wulfling Army Card that you control. All figures taking a turn with THE HUNT must be unengaged at the start of their turn.

STEALTHY 3
When an unengaged Wulfling Hunter is attacked with a normal or special attack, add 3 defense dice to the defending Wulfling Hunter.

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ng_hunters.jpg

Last edited by Shiftrex; May 4th, 2021 at 03:17 PM.
Old May 3rd, 2021, 09:36 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Is this an official submission for the Wulfing Hunters?
Old May 3rd, 2021, 09:39 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

“2. Nominated units require a card formatted in a manner that is easy to read.”

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs