Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing
3D Printing A Forum to discuss 3D Printing

Notices

Old October 9th, 2020, 02:46 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: Index of Classic Heroscape .stl files

I have some C3V figures, and I've had someone offer to send me a bunch to scan. I've put it off because I've been too busy to do the post-processing for them. Maybe soon...
Old October 17th, 2020, 07:36 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I tried everything setting wise on my printer and still a roll of the dice on my prints. Lately Ive got nothing but 1's. Then I took all the vat off and resin out and tested the physical parts. After tearing it apart checking everything Ive come across found three physical problems. Three burrs in different areas. Not sure if some have always been there or not. Ive had issues on and off since buying it. I tested the motor, removed the whole rail assembly checked all switches and other components. I had to scrape out the burrs in the rail with some precision tools and smoothed it out with some really fine sandpaper down inside the rail. The mechanism hooked to the build plate that travels along the z rails had the bearings knocked loose out of position. I had to put them back in and pack them in ptfe lube before reinserting it on the z rails I cleaned up. Theres still a little play in the z rod screw but everything is secure now and is smoothly traversing up and down as I test it. Im super excited. I always thought something was up that wasnt merely machine settings. All I have left is to put the two covers back on then its time to see if the fruit of my labors has done the trick. As Ive said before, sometimes its worth putting a little more money into a higher quality machine. Im betting that some of my problems came from the factory it was made in. Deburring metal parts when they are made should be part of their production process. I will get to print some more tonight after going to a funeral this evening.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 17th, 2020, 09:28 PM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Red face Re: Index of Classic Heroscape .stl files

I had some failures in my printer yesterday. I thought it might be sticking to the FEP again. But I noticed the cover didn't fit anymore--the rail was too high. I releveled the bed, and when I did I noticed the lead screw was jamming and the motor was stalking.

I lubed everything with 3in1 oil and it worked after that. But I should do what you did and take it apart and clean everything.
Old October 18th, 2020, 08:44 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
I had some failures in my printer yesterday. I thought it might be sticking to the FEP again. But I noticed the cover didn't fit anymore--the rail was too high. I releveled the bed, and when I did I noticed the lead screw was jamming and the motor was stalking.

I lubed everything with 3in1 oil and it worked after that. But I should do what you did and take it apart and clean everything.
I upped all my settings to quicker settings and fired up the printer last night. My plate is leveled a little different than my brothers photon and the other printers that have a swivel head. The 4 screws are kinda rough from me releveling every other print earlier on (from the burr issues I wasnt aware of.) so I had slightly raised the one end just enough to lose 1 dwarf on that end. I got 7 awesome dwarfs out of the rest of the build plate with no issues at all. I am a professional packrat when it comes to filling my buildplate. making the screws in the head not so rough should finish up the complete overhaul service I did on the printer but I think Im back in business. Im very stoked this morning. I think those issues are whats been plaguing me from the beginning. I suppose the good thing about all this is I have now figured out what each an every part of the printer does along with what all the settings do making printing easier down the road. I wasnt expecting a more severe hardware issue from the get go but that is what happens when the company doesnt deburr its metal parts.

Old October 18th, 2020, 09:41 PM
"like" happy

@White Knight . I just pulled off another complete buildplate of awesome prints. I got two swog riders and a red wyrmling to fit on one. Ill be printing it twice. I already have 3 swogs. I think seven total should do. A total of six squads of each common squad is the goal I think. That should be quite the accomplishment.

Old October 20th, 2020, 11:14 AM

PhysicSean is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I find it a little odd that WhiteKnight's Avatar is a Templar Knight, but we only have 1 templar model to select from. Is there anything we can do to help? Also what printer do you guys use?
Old October 20th, 2020, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicSean View Post
I find it a little odd that WhiteKnight's Avatar is a Templar Knight, but we only have 1 templar model to select from. Is there anything we can do to help? Also what printer do you guys use?
Scapedood has better quality scans of the Templar Calvary.

Scapedood scans
Old October 20th, 2020, 06:50 PM

I have an Ender 3 and an Elegoo Mars
Old October 20th, 2020, 07:09 PM
"like" happy

I have a Snapmaker FDM printer and a Longer Orange 10 Resin Printer.
@White Knight , I've processed 10 build plates full of figures with no problems, and perfect prints since I ripped my machine apart and repaired it. I should have done it sooner. I was wondering why I kept getting crap prints. In this case I needed to dig deeper. As a Mechanic by trade, I generally try not to overthink problems where there shouldn't be any. Generally the problem is only skin deep. I've been super excited to print now that its not such a headache, as it should be. I'm curious to know how much scape you have printed so far on your resin printer. I have printed:
-Axegrinders of Burning forge X7 Squads
-Fen Hydra X2
-Death Knights of Valkrill X4 Squads
-Swog Rider X4
-Fire Elemental X4
-Red Wyrmling X2
-Master Woo X1 (for @Flash_19 )
-Sir Hawthorne (for Flash_19)
-Custom 4 man Yeti Squad with weapons from kitbashing.
Most of all of these have been printed in the last couple days.
That's 50 Scape figures and 4 kitbashed scape figures.

EDIT: Currently there is a batch of 8 Heavy Gruts on the bed. I got 2 squads on there.

Old October 20th, 2020, 08:38 PM

@TREX
2x Capuan Gladiators
2x Mohican River Tribe
2x Shades
5x Derpwyrm Drow
3x roman legionaries
3x phantom knights
3x death knights
3x gladiatrons
3x marro dividers
2x 4th mass line
2x 10th reg
4x zombies
4x water elementals
2x knights of Weston
2x Minions of Utgar
2x protectors of Ullar
2x aubrian Archers
2x Armoc vipers
2x sentinels of Jandar
2x green scale warriors
2x axe grinders of burning forge
1x macdirks
1x gorrilinators
1x Einar Imperium
1x microcorp agents
1x Mezzodemons
1x tul-bak-ra
1x siege
Isamu
1x sir Hawthorne
1x Migol Ironwill
1x Laglor
1x sir Gilbert
1x Ornak
1x Agent Skahan
Old October 20th, 2020, 09:03 PM
"like" happy

Roughly 192 if my mental math skills are workin. If only my printer didn't have so many fails so far. I could be even more buried in my pile of shame. Impressive WK.

Old October 20th, 2020, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Roughly 192 if my mental math skills are workin. If only my printer didn't have so many fails so far. I could be even more buried in my pile of shame. Impressive WK.
Most if those were for other people. The Shades and Drow are for me.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing