Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old February 4th, 2008, 02:40 PM
Wizards of the Coast Staff Member

wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parduz
A question comes to my mind, related to our custom cards:
We got a Hasbro's Official stance on Custom units, which was a cool fact.

Are WotC still agreing to that? and should we change that phrase?
We're still agreeing to that exact statement. Since it's fallen off the Hasbro website, here it is in full.

Question

What are "Custom" Heroscape figures and terrain?

Answer

HEROSCAPE has a large fan base that enjoys creating custom additions to the established universe.

Custom additions are figures and terrain that are not created or distributed by Hasbro. We do not support or suggest using custom figures on our official HEROSCAPE battlefields, and we never include them in official scenarios and battlefields. Custom additions may not be copied from genuine Hasbro HEROSCAPE product.

The HEROSCAPE name can only be used to refer to genuine Hasbro HEROSCAPE product, it must be clear that any custom additions are not created by, distributed, or endorsed by Hasbro, and the following credit line must appear: "HEROSCAPE and all related characters are trademarks of Hasbro. © 2006 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved."
Old February 4th, 2008, 06:29 PM

wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby! wotcpbarclay rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by clonedpoop
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanBone
Beyond the 10 figure expansion already revealed for Marvel Heroscape, is anything else in the works (even early planning stages) for Marvel? If so, can we have any hints?
wotcbarclay said he didn't have any info on future expansions, but I'm hoping there will be many more to come.

I have a question for Mr. Barclay, is there someone from WOTC that reads the Marvel forums the way you read through the classic scape forums? We have a "desired figures" thread going on, but it would be all for naught if no one official reads through it periodically.

-ClonedPoop
P.S. Please make the Scarlet Spider for the 2nd Marvel Expansion.
Not nearly as much (and I haven't looked at it yet) - I'd persuade Jexik to add the thread to his WotC Hub, as that means more people will see it.
Old February 8th, 2008, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg
What is being done to help FLGSs--or is the plan to incorporate them better in HS distribution still a ways off?

(Thanks again, Paul, for working with us all here!)
We're still trying to build up the core stores. It'll probably take a little more time for them to get fully behind Heroscape, but we should have much better core store support by the time the Wave 7 reprint comes in.
Old February 11th, 2008, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyknight
BTW Paul, is WOTC also taking control of the website? We were all very happy to see the updated sight last year and I would love to see that sight actively maintained.
Yes, we're taking control of the website within a couple of months - we have to get people freed up from a couple of other big projects before we add more work to their plates.
Old February 18th, 2008, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g1shark
I know this is alittle offtopic but...(it belongs more so in the new master set) I wouldnt mind seeing the old aquilla's alliance figures and name transported to the new master set thus making the new master set titled: Aquilla's Alliance. Put all the new large figures in there along with many other creatures and things proposed on the forums. My question here is would WOTC think that a simple solution to the problem of finding a home for there newly found large figures?

Second Question: WOTC consider revamping or making any new glyphs?
I think that's an option. Maybe not at the top of the list, as it would reduce the total number of figs you could put in the set, but it's definitely on the list.

As for your second question, yes, definitely.
Old February 18th, 2008, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
1) If you could say, what are some of the ideas you guys are batting around to handle the jungle trees situation? Anything new in the past few weeks, or is the plain-packaging/game-store-only approach still the most likely resolution?

2) Once April 1 hits, what kind of changes are we likely to see first? Website changes? Online purchasing changes? What kind of work is being done before then and what kind of work can you not do until the changeover is official?
1: We're talking some ideas through with our distributors. I imagine we'll know a lot more sometime next week. I think that approach is the most likely solution, but it's not the only one on the table.

2: Good questions. Probably not many website/online purchasing changes. And, we can do just about any work before April 1st, so I think you'll see a pretty seamless transition (it's really the big stores that will see the biggest changes, but even those will be invisible unless you're actually looking at the computer).
Old February 18th, 2008, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euryon
Are you really wizards?
I used to be. But arrows crit for x3.
Old February 18th, 2008, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiteofthedice
Hi wotcpbarclay:

I was wondering if HS is going to become available to order on the WotC website the way it has been at Hasbro.com in the past. Talk of HS elements that only appear in game stores has me nervous since I hail from a part of the country that apparently doesn't have enough imagination to have game stores. I don't want to miss out on any future releases.
It'll still be available through www.HasbroToyShop.com - that isn't going to change. And, I hadn't actually thought about whether an exclusive terrain pack would be available through www.HasbroToyShop.com. Off the top of my head, I'd think that it would be better all round if it were. I'll take the question back to the folks upstairs.
Old February 19th, 2008, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talos
Quote:
Originally Posted by wotcpbarclay
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiteofthedice
Hi wotcpbarclay:

I was wondering if HS is going to become available to order on the WotC website the way it has been at Hasbro.com in the past. Talk of HS elements that only appear in game stores has me nervous since I hail from a part of the country that apparently doesn't have enough imagination to have game stores. I don't want to miss out on any future releases.
It'll still be available through www.HasbroToyShop.com - that isn't going to change. And, I hadn't actually thought about whether an exclusive terrain pack would be available through www.HasbroToyShop.com. Off the top of my head, I'd think that it would be better all round if it were. I'll take the question back to the folks upstairs.
Paul, PLEASE don't forget Scapers that live outside the USA. We can't buy from the Hasbro Online store from Australia. If you are going to start talking 'exclusive' packs, they should be readily available through overseas distribution chains.
You shouldn't have any problem for a hobby exclusive - the international markets get to take those and do with them what they want (usually, they'll follow our lead, but sometimes they adjust things slightly). They'll make it to Australia.
Old February 22nd, 2008, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Shackle
PAUL,

I was Scape hunting earlier today and I stopped by Toys R Us. They haven't had anything new since Christmas. All that is left is 3 Marvel sets, and they've been there for a while.

I noticed something different this time, though: not only was there no new Scape-age, all the tags/stickers below the products were gone. The empty shelf space was replaced with other games, as though they had no plans to re-stock whatsoever. Am I reading too much into this?
Obviously I'm not answering for Wotc-Guy, but all the stores want their shelves to appear as full as possible. So if there's going to be a hole for a couple of months they'll fill it instead of leaving it open. It's an appearance thang.
Exactly. They're having trouble getting product in some areas, as certain distribution centers are out of a lot of stuff. It should pick back up as we get more boosters back in stock. If it's still the same in a month's time, let me know and I'll start asking more forceful questions. (for now, PM me the location of the store, and I'll ask our sales guys)
Old February 25th, 2008, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara
WOTC Paul would Wizards lend support to street teams who work on promoting the game and tourneys in their local FLGS and neighborhoods with some swag, handouts, etc?

I really want to start doing this in my area cause the FLG near me has limited space and I know that I'm not the only one buying it in this area..so if I could set-up a demo day and have some official support of any kind would be great.
We've done this on games in the past, but I'd have to defer to the marketing teams on whether anything like this will happen for Heroscape.
Old February 25th, 2008, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wotcpbarclay
Quote:
WOTC Paul would Wizards lend support to street teams who work on promoting the game and tourneys in their local FLGS and neighborhoods with some swag, handouts, etc?
We've done this on games in the past, but I'd have to defer to the marketing teams on whether anything like this will happen for Heroscape.
Any chance we can get one of them marketing folks over here to help us out? We would like to get the ball rolling and lay the groundwork before you guys take over and roll out product form WOTC. WOuld also probably help with your orders if we can get some demo days in and create a buzz.
I've passed the idea along to our marketing folks.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News