Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old January 25th, 2021, 11:27 AM
Forum Moderator

Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Demogorgon - Breathing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
I've only seen season one so I can't comment on theme past that. But currently he's a bit... boring? Blood tracking is useless since it's redundant with teleport. And while teleporting is a good horror villain "you never know where he is" mechanic, he's just not too scary. In the show they kidnap kids and are freaking terrifying, so maybe something like Imposing presence (But maybe not exactly that since that power on uncommons would be bad), or something that lets them place opponents figures on their card for a time, similar to Angstrom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
What if the Upside Down was a separate map?
I had similar thoughts to these, just don't know how to word it.
Old January 25th, 2021, 11:28 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
What if the Upside Down was a separate map?
I'd save that for an Event Hero Mindflayer type. In the show so far we really only get these guys when they come here, so anything else should be irrelevant for gameplay, IMO.

I actually kind of really like the idea of Imposing Presence on them (or renamed so it doesn't stack if we prefer). As long as they're properly costed, though, I don't terribly mind it stacking. I think that's actually just what they need to feel right.

I'd actually take that over any feeding frenzy/frenzy type powers, because these guys are more about the fear factor than actually killing/eating, IMO.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 25th, 2021, 11:29 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Don't know these at all, but would Tormentor fit for class? Might be fun to get them into the horror grouping over Frankenstein's 'outcast creatures unite!' synergy.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 25th, 2021, 03:06 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

What about rolling the "terrifying" power and the "predatory" power into one thing?
Quote:
HORRIFYING PRESENCE
If a figure engaged with this Demogorgon has less Life remaining than this Demogorgon, subtract 1 from that figure's Attack number and Defense number. Fearless figures are not affected by Horrifying Presence, and a figure may never have more than 1 subtracted from their Attack or Defense number with the Horrifying Presence special power.
Old January 25th, 2021, 04:28 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I’d be tempted yo drop their attack/defense to 4/4 and let the subtraction stack. Or only subtract from defense if that’s too crippling (probably prefer that, actually).

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 25th, 2021, 05:28 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

My thinking is that this is still like a $10-15 mini (I've seen he Stranger Things set anywhere from $20-40 and you get 2 figures), so while it is uncommon, it makes sense to avoid a huge swarm of them being required.
Old January 25th, 2021, 06:37 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Good thoughts so far.

Agree on dropping Blood Tracking if it's going to have a drop anywhere on the map power. Some kind of feeding frenzy take is a good idea Tickle! I think it should be focused on devouring the unit it attacked though rather than attacking new figures. So something where if he deals a wound, he attacks the same figure again, and keeps eating until he fails to deal a wound (with a 4 attack cap).

Creating an Upside Down side map would be thematic, but also a big escalation in complexity and I kind of prefer a simple card for them. Agree that they should play just as good all by themselves vs. in multiples.
Old January 25th, 2021, 07:35 PM

Yeah, I think it's just the wording that is bothering me/feels inelegant. I think in terms of being terrifying, there's the normal monster movie trope: If you're facing one of these it's the scariest thing in the world, but if you're facing several it's just war and you're almost over the fear factor.

So I might go with this:

HORRIFYING PRESENCE
If a figure without the Fearless personality is engaged with only this Demogorgon and has less Life remaining than this Demogorgon, subtract 1 from that figure's Attack and Defense numbers.

Old January 25th, 2021, 07:36 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

That makes sense
Old January 25th, 2021, 11:15 PM
Forum Moderator

Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hey guys, I know this is a lot and would barely fit on a card but I thought I would share anyway. Kinda mix of Freddy and Angstrom. Thought it would be cool to incorporate an Upside Down "realm"

Quote:
THE UPSIDE DOWN
Start the game with a seven-hex asphalt tile, called The Upside Down, near the battlefield. The Upside Down is considered part of the battlefield. This Demogorgon starts the game on any empty Upside Down space instead of on the battlefield. Before taking a turn with this Demogorgon, if this Demogorgon started its turn on an Upside Down space and is not engaged, you may place it on any empty space on the battlefield. You cannot place it adjacent to any figures or glyphs. At the end of the round, if this Demogorgon is unengaged you may place it on any empty Upside Down space.

HUNTING GROUNDS
After moving, you may choose an adjacent opponent's figure. Place the chosen figure and this Demogorgon on any empty spaces on the Upside Down. Whenever any player reveals a numbered Order Marker, that player must roll the 20-sided die for each figure they control that occupies the Upside Down that does not have The Upside Down special power, one at a time. If that player rolls 13 or higher, that player must place the figure on any empty spaces in that player’s Start Zone. Figures moved with Hunting Grounds never take any leaving engagement attacks.
Old January 25th, 2021, 11:24 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks for the feedback everyone; that Horrifying Presence power is perfect, I was gonna write up some idea with the scaring woundeds after work, but that is even better; props to Nobody and Bats! I think I do like Presence better than just lots of attacks, it's more they are drawn to blood like sharks (so anything encouraging that is cool) and they are a little more lumbering in their attacks sometimes.
I would also like to keep the 5/5, as the first one at least appears to be strongk like bear, busting through concrete, and the thing shrugged off tons of bullets and being completely on fire. I was actually thinking of giving them Super Strength initially. Maybe 4/5 would be alright if it gets shrunk.
Also it's be a small stretch, but these critters do fit in kind of nicely with the horror icons, I like Lazy Orang's idea of making them Tormentors, they definitely torment Will. Pinhead dispatching these monsters would be fun. Terrifying works great too for Personality.
I think Lord Pyre's definitely right in that the main thing they do, besides just terrify and mutilate, is drag victims back to their world, so here's an idea for an abduction power that could be tacked on or paired with the other two.

Quote:
PORTAL ABDUCTION (or some such name)
If this Demogorgon inflicts one or more wounds on an adjacent figure or ends its turn next to a figure with one Life, you may place that figure on this card. At the beginning of each round, the player who controls that figure must roll the 20 sided die. If that player rolls 8 or lower, the figure receives a wound. If that player rolls 16 or higher, that player must place the figure on any empty spaces in that player’s Start Zone. Figures moved with Portal Abduction never take any leaving engagement attacks. There cannot be more than two figures on this card at any given time.
Old January 25th, 2021, 11:36 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Dang I took too much time, you beat me to it Jekyll.
I like that a lot, and the shared seven-hex Upside Down (unless it still needs wording) incentivizes not running too many so the price worry from earlier is in check.
I have the harmful wounding in mine since the environment there is basically toxic, could add a fun "unless the figure has the Environmental Suit special power" reference.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library