Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old June 16th, 2007, 02:32 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Thanks, HEH!!

Newb.
Old June 16th, 2007, 04:06 PM

TweetyBird has disabled reputation
Beautiful work on those figures, LilNewbie. Rearranging the color scheme was definitely the right choice. It gives them a nice personal touch but keeps them recognizable as Skorne.

And those bases...wow! Talk about going the extra mile.

Other games I'm currently enjoying:
BattleLore
Capes & Cowls
Return of the Heroes
Old June 22nd, 2007, 10:47 AM

Darhelm has disabled reputation
SWEET! I am going to start collecting a Protectorate of the Menoth army for warmachine. The harbinger might be the coolest figure i've ever seen. I defintley think warmachine has some of the nicest sculpts ever made. They're so awesome!

http://www.privateerpress.com/WARMAC...picture&id=177 That's the Harbinger. Click on her to get a turn around view

Darhelm is paralyzed Saylind in the
Albescent Cave
Old June 22nd, 2007, 11:19 AM

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Thanks, TweetyBird! Seeing how finished bases just adds to the quality of the work on other people's figures, I wanted to do the same thing. The figure becomes a small diorama and it does really add to the play experience to see a tabletop covered with nicely painted and based figures.

Very cool figure, Darhelm. Menoth is a powerhouse. Please post some pics of your figures as you complete them. I finished Morghoul and almost finished with the Titan Gladiator and will post pics of them soon. I've also been working on a magnetic based transport system using rare earth magnets and some apoxie sculpt (two part sculpting putty). It works great using a metal tool case and keeps the figures from rubbing against foam and provides a strong protective case for transport.

Newb.
Old June 22nd, 2007, 12:07 PM

I'll try. I've got a Warmachine Prime:Remix being watched on ebay. I'll take it too the beach with me and then start my army. I've also got a Protectorate color scheme being watched alongside a few protectorate figures. However - the cost of these sculpts are incredibly diffrent than heroscape or warhammer.

Albescent Cave
Old June 22nd, 2007, 03:22 PM

I consider the cost comparable to GW but you need less figures to make a viable army in WM (which means less painting ). Also PrivateerPress makes a boxset for each unit equivalent to the minimum needed to play the unit and it takes one or two blisters to max out a squad (depending on the squad and whether you want to max the squad). I recommend just getting the minimum for a squad at first and try out units with proxy figures before buying to see if the squad/unit fits your playstyle. The Remix book is a good read and the rules incorporate a lot of the errata/FAQ information posted on the website.

Newb.
Old June 23rd, 2007, 11:01 AM

Thank you sooo much for your help LilNewbie, you've been invaluble. I called a local game store and they sell lots of warmachine. They've got all the P3 Formulas except Cryx and (lucky me) the protectorate. They sell the rulebook but it's 5 bucks more than i can get it on ebay. I'm going to purchase the flameguards box set which has 5 flameguards and 1 flameguard leader. Do i need to get a warjack or a warcaster or should i use proxies to see what i want?

EDIT: Just bought Prime:Remix for a reasonable price on ebay!

Albescent Cave
Old June 23rd, 2007, 08:14 PM

Glad to help! You do need a Warcaster since the game requires at least one for each army. The Prime book has 3 warcasters for each faction (except Mercs). You could try out each warcaster for your faction to see which one you like the most and then pick up the figure for him/her. You don't need to include warjacks but they are very cool and can do some amazing things. I would recommend picking up the Menoth starter box since it contains a warcaster (Kreos, iirc) and 3 warjacks and is a great deal for most of the armies. Then you can fill in your army with other units as your experience grows in the game and you decide on your favorite playstyle.

A friend of mine wants to build a Privateer Merc army and we are going to proxy figures with empty bases to try out units before he invests in them. It's the best way to save money, still enjoyable and we both get to learn the game. Although having fully painted armies on the table adds a lot to the gaming experience and it's a widely known fact that painted figures just perform better in the game.

Newb.
Old June 28th, 2007, 04:06 PM

Thanx once again Newb. I've got and i am reading thru Remix, it's a really good combo of fluff and rules. I've got a Menoth Battlegroup Starter Set or whatever being watched on ebay - (the thing that comes with 1 warcaster and 3 'jacks). Out of the mercs, the one i really really like is Eiryss. She seems to be very helpful/useable, though admittedly they all seem such. I'm hoping to get the High Reclaimer, the Choir of Menoth, and Scrutator Severius, they three seem to represent my playing style. I'll post pics once i start painting!

Albescent Cave
Old June 29th, 2007, 09:30 AM

monte_kev Woo who?
I play both warmachine and Hordes, khador and trollbloods. I have been playing for about 2 years.
Personally I think the Hordes mechanics are alot easier to learn and to master.

This is my primary game where heroscape is my secondary game. I love WM/H due to the huge amount of game support. In metro detroit we have 3 stores doing WM/H open gaming nights on 3 different days a week, and there is always a local tournement with alot of support from PP. Not to mention the player base is just simply huge.

deffently a ton of fun. If your going down to GenCon, besure to check out some off the tournements....
Old July 2nd, 2007, 01:24 PM

Played a great 500 point Trollblood vs. Skorne game this Sunday. The blasted Trollblood Fellcaller made two Tough saves at the end and it gave him the game. Both WM/Hordes are very cool games and looking forward to more great games.

Newb.
Old July 9th, 2007, 01:13 AM

Two of the players at the store decided to play a 5000 point game of Warmachine. Cygnar vs. Khador (both padding their points with Mercs). The game took about 1.5 hours to setup. These are some pics of the game right before the first turn:

(sorry about the blurriness on this pic...seeing the line of minis is amazing though)

By the time the store closed they had finished the top of turn 3 and they had been playing for about 5 or so hours. I think the final tally of VP at the end was 10 VP to 20 VP in favor of Khador. It was cool to see such a nice setup with about 95% of the minis being painted. All of the buildings on the board were made by the Kahdor player using the Hirst Arts terrain molds.

Newb.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures