Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old March 8th, 2022, 11:13 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Fleet: The Dice Game, 7 Wonders Architects and Gloomhaven: Jaws of the Lion. In Gloomhaven, I was the demolitionist and I got to blow things up!

Old March 9th, 2022, 10:01 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Fleet: The Dice Game, 7 Wonders Architects and Gloomhaven: Jaws of the Lion. In Gloomhaven, I was the demolitionist and I got to blow things up!
Did you guys play with the Voidwarden? We did demolitionist, hatchet, and voidwarden and that character seemed the least useful and fun to play.
Old March 9th, 2022, 10:07 PM

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
Quote:
Did you guys play with the Voidwarden? We did demolitionist, hatchet, and voidwarden and that character seemed the least useful and fun to play.
I was the demolitionist, someone was hatchet, and I don't remember the other two, but I'm pretty sure no one played the voidwarden.

Old March 10th, 2022, 08:40 AM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
Quote:
We are using Hatchet and Red Guard. I read some reviews before we started and they mentioned the Voidwarden not being so fun/useful so we skipped it. Really enjoying playing the Red Guard
Old April 1st, 2022, 10:15 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

March Gaming:

Pathfinder: ACG x 38
Thunderstone 2nd edition
Catacombs - Old school dexterity dungeon crawler
Roll for Adventure x 3
Battle Masters - Another old school game
Marvel Champions x 12
LotR: LCG x 3
Too Many Bones
Fairy Tile
Hexplore It
Cloudspire x 2
Hero Realms x 2
Dragon Dice x 3 - That's right playing 4.0 rules, look out world!
Sushi Go
Dungeon Heroes x 3
Epic
Return to Dark Tower - The combat was a bit wonky but other than that is was enjoyable
Warfighter
Darkest Night 1st Edition x 4 - Yet another older game

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old April 1st, 2022, 11:26 PM

Tuesday: Cellulose and Madame Ching
Thursday: Balloon Pop and Three Sisters
Edit: Also Codenames

Last edited by Taeblewalker; April 3rd, 2022 at 04:22 AM.
Old April 2nd, 2022, 07:35 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Although I send out a local series of Gaming Update emails to about 45 other gamers, lately I've barely had enough visitors to keep my scheduled game sessions going. Last weekend I revived Hellenica: Story of Greece, which I'd gotten before the Pandemic. adding to this "overproduced" Kickstarter game the new expansion Leaders & Legends. I played a solo game with two AIs on Saturday, and a live game with three opponents on Sunday, the largest player count for it so far. I enjoyed both sessions quite a lot.

The sequel game Spring and Autumn: Story of China, just funded its Kickstarter and will be produced next year. If you're interested in a rare strategy game on China, this one is still available on Late Backing (Preorder). Produced by a small company, these games don't go retail! I've play tested it with the designer on TTS and had some input into making the classic Chinese philosophies into game powers, and I think this is the first time that's ever been done. So I'm especially looking forward to this game next year.

It being surprisingly hard to get players for the simple and great new Brian Boru: High King of Ireland, I played it as newly availabe on TTS, and we all enjoyed that. I won by one point, managing to parlay my getting the unique Brian Boru card twice in a row during card drafting, and just when I needed it to fend off some Vikings on my territory!

I also played some games of Commands & Colors Napoleonics, both live here and on TTS for the first time. Here we played three games and on TTS, my opponent was a first time player, although he'd played other C&C games previously, and he beat me, the guy who's played a hundred games of it any many more of the other C&Cs. But that's C&C for you--anything can happen. All the games were from the core set of Peninsula War scenarios, but we used the retrofit for the second "Tactics" card deck for the first time with them. I even got to play the same game with each opponent, playing both sides during different sessions.

I was in the hospital for a couple of days due to an irregular heartbeat, and that slowed me down a bit--I now have an implanted heart monitor for that. And I had them work on a cyst I have on my neck that I've been trying to get removed. So I had to cancel a couple of games. But I should soon be back on track. I hit 70 years old last Christmas Eve, so these kinds of things are to be expected.
Old April 3rd, 2022, 04:23 AM

Balloon Pop and Bravo! And we celebrated my birthday!

Old April 3rd, 2022, 12:19 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Happy birthday Taeblewalker!

Played some Superfight the other day, always fun.
Old April 3rd, 2022, 07:12 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Happy Birthday! Birthday boy picks which game they want to play tonight, right?
Old April 3rd, 2022, 07:33 PM

Smile Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Happy Birthday! Birthday boy picks which game they want to play tonight, right?
Yep!

Old May 1st, 2022, 09:02 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

April gaming:

Cloudspire
D Day Dice
Dragon Dice x 45
King of Tokyo
5 Minute Marvel x 6
Israeli Air Force Leader x 9
LotR LCG x 4
Myth x 6
Heroscape x 3
Pathfinder ACG x 8
Dark Souls x 3
Marvel Champions x 11
Tiny Epic Dungeons
Axis and Allies
Joan of Arc
Hornet Leader x 8
Magic the Gathering x 16
Space Hulk: Death Angel

Lots of gaming this month. I’m really digging the 4.0 rule set for Dragon Dice. I’m even signed up for an ONLINE tournament in May on Tabletopia. We’ll see how that goes…

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games