Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old September 10th, 2017, 11:44 AM

ikkyu142 has disabled reputation
Starting friends in their first game!

So in the next couple of weekends, I will be introducing my group to the game of Heroscape. It has been a while since I have dusted off the game. Any new player cheat sheets or ideas you have used to introduce the game to new players would be appreciated.

as a side note, I have gained access to a 3d printer, has anyone done any printing of replacements for the game?
Old September 10th, 2017, 01:24 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Starting friends in their first game!

Check out this thread for 3d printed heroscape.
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=52903

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 11th, 2017, 09:43 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Why hello, old timer. If you'll be playing face-to-face, this is probably not the best subforum for your question. Perhaps @Xorlof will move it along to a more suitable place, such as General Discussion?

Here's a cheat sheet made by my old friend @AliasQTip , who hasn't been around in a long time, sadly.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 11th, 2017, 09:38 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I moved the thread.

As far as introducing new recruits, step one would be to assemble several balanced armies with synergy. Start with more straight forward units. If you know the players interest you can plan around that. Sci-fi guys may be drawn to soukborgs and such while fantasy guys may be pulled another direction. Marro work well for the zombie horror fans. I had a friend that had a huge interest in Japanese culture so a samurai army was right up his alley. Small 400 point armies are great too since games won't be drawn out most likely and they can trade armies. For a second game.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 11th, 2017, 09:47 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Japes! How long have you been an admin? Now I know another person to tag.

= =
Old September 11th, 2017, 09:57 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Japes! How long have you been an admin? Now I know another person to tag.
Sometime this summer. With Bats away I was nominated to try and represent the C3G contingent.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 11th, 2017, 09:58 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Cool.

= =
Old September 15th, 2017, 02:31 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

From the
NHSD thread:

"Here on Roosevelt Island, the Gang of Four is running an introduction to Heroscape event, Come Scape With Us! on Saturday, October 28. Serendipitously, the
Starting friends in their first game!
thread was recently started - thanks @ikkyu142! Also thanks to @AliasQTip for his player aid; I'll be sure to have a number of copies on hand [not just for the newbies]."

I will be free building a Map for this event. I have a fairly large collection of 'Scape terrain, plus a number of pieces I've acquired from Petco and other places.
I'm wondering what kind of Map to build, whether to include Pillars, given that their height limits the map's playability, and/or to go all out (for visuals), as opposed to keeping it relatively simple. Castles sure are striking, though!

Old September 16th, 2017, 03:04 PM

ikkyu142 has disabled reputation

Thank you all for the replies.

Dadscaper! man i remember you from way back!!! not sure how many of us are left, I have been absent too long....
Old September 16th, 2017, 05:39 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikkyu142 View Post
Thank you all for the replies.

Dadscaper! man i remember you from way back!!! not sure how many of us are left, I have been absent too long....
Just realized your location...we're practically neighbors...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion