Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 15th, 2009, 11:12 AM

Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby!
How college is going

Hey everyone! I've been gone from the site for a few months now (although I've still been lurking around) and I thought I would just take the time to talk to all of you about this new part of my life, going to college. I've been attending the local vocational school for this first semester, and I plan to sign up for a second semester. I'm enjoying the experience so far. I've got classes in several types of communications, as well as sociology, and two computer classes. The academic classes are actually pretty boring and uninteresting, but the computer classes are, I think, really paying off.
I had intro to computers for one class, and I have two credits in Microsoft Word in the other. Wow. What an incredible program Word is. I had used it for all of my schooling before college, but I had absolutely no idea about the vast variety of things that could be done on it. Changing the styles and themes of a document, inserting pull quotes, clip art, pictures, diagrams, tables, and being able to apply formatting to make all of it look just killer is just incredible for me and I'm only about halfway through the 800 page textbook! I can't wait for the opportunity to show a future employer that I took classes in Word. Since I'm getting so much out of that class, and since many jobs involve Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc., I plan on spending the majority of the second semester learning as much as I can about these programs.
Aside from the classes, I'm really enjoying the chance to meet so many new people (my Facebook friends page has certainly grown since I started ).

So yeah, college is a great new experience for me and I hope I can put what I learn to good use. I'll still be pretty busy in future months, but I'll try to post more often. Have a good one!

It's not whether you win or lose. It's having the 4th Massachusetts Line that counts!
I see nothing, I hear nothing, and I know NOTHING!--Sgt. Shultz, Hogan's Heroes
My custom terrain

Last edited by Jandarforever; November 15th, 2009 at 02:56 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General