Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old July 2nd, 2020, 12:16 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth
Re: C3G Con 2020

Yeah, when I ordered the pizza, I told the girl on the other line that it was for 9 people. She responded, "Are you sure you want that much? We cut each pizza into 16 square slices." I thought, that's just like Dominoe's does their thin crust and said, "Yeah, we're all pretty hungry, we'll be fine." Little did I know each pizza was about 3 inches thick with toppings and weighed over 10 lbs! We left NO pizza behind though as Tornado took the last 10 or so pieces home. All of that turned into a really happy accident though as we played the whole weekend without needing to stop for food again!
Opening event was fun and the star for me was first Deathstroke and then, Thor. I only played 3 characters out of 36, with Mystique also lasting longer than expected.
I was so excited Thursday night, that I got almost no sleep, so when bedtime came Friday, I crashed. And was the last to rise on Saturday, I almost missed the whole morning! Great first day and Thank God for name tags!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old July 2nd, 2020, 12:43 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Very cool! I played guess the C3G member with that pic and got about half right.
I did my best to label myself with my shirts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fret_gurglo View Post
Sounds like it was a blast. Hopefully I could make it next time if repeated.
I'd be shocked if it wasn't repeated. By all accounts it was a rousing success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
That guy in the red shirt in the first picture is ridiculously handsome.
I don't see color. Or the guy you're talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
We left NO pizza behind though as Tornado took the last 10 or so pieces home. All of that turned into a really happy accident though as we played the whole weekend without needing to stop for food again!
Oh, good! I saw the box in the bin and worried nobody took it.

And, yeah, I like how we were able to basically load up once and between that, your brisket, and a bit of milk and bread from the store, we had time to just game, game, game.

I'm definitely pushing to make this an annual thing with my wife, and she hasn't voted "nay" yet.

Glad you got value out of the nametags! I knew half the faces from Facebook and am so used to picking up names fast from teaching that I didn't really need them much on my end.

And stupid Thor and his stupid God of Thunder Strike missing everybody but me!

I definitely like that for next year's opening event. It'd be tough to play with that many people in one match otherwise. But I'll probably mix up the map and units involved.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 2nd, 2020, 01:52 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Tornado was the only face I didn’t know, so I wasn’t super worried about name tags this time still amazing to finally meet everyone in person. Felt kind of like we’ve seen each other a million times already.
Old July 2nd, 2020, 07:07 AM

Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby!

Sounds like an awesome time!
Old July 2nd, 2020, 01:34 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Very cool! I played guess the C3G member with that pic and got about half right.
Which half?

I hope you got Nobody at least, his gingerness makes him easy to spot.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old July 2nd, 2020, 01:39 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Quote:
Which half?

I hope you got Nobody at least, his gingerness makes him easy to spot.
Missed Yoda, Tornado, and Spidey.
Old July 2nd, 2020, 02:14 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Must have not clicked on the pic to zoom in a bit. My tattoo should have gave it away.
Old July 2nd, 2020, 02:36 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Day 2:

The second day of the Con was the first full day and it kicked off with a Double Elimination Tournament run by Tickle. 1000 point teams, draft was held online before the Con. You can check out the teams drafted here:

Spoiler Alert!

It was a 10 round snake draft, then you had to make your army from the units you drafted. We used 4 C3G competitive maps for our games, Ivy's Greenhouse, Alkali Lake Map, Conflict Chernobyl, & the Sewer Labyrinth Map.

After a few hours of gaming, the Finals came down to Nobody vs. Batman.

Batman entered the Finals undefeated, while Nobody had one loss to Yoda in a nail bitter. He got his revenge though and knocked Yoda out of the tournament when they held their rematch. As such Nobody had to win twice to claim the trophy, while Bats just had to win once.

Batman has his his eye on the prize here, while Nobody takes the first game!

In the second game, Stan Lee makes an early appearance to save Bats from a 7 skull attack roll.

This blunted early momentum was just what Bats needed to turn the tide and take control with some killed dice rolls.

Hulk & Hawkeye come for Lui Kang!

Bat's comes away with the trophy!!! Which made everyone question the point cost on his army. He must have had some help to win, right? Upon review, Hulk II was given a bump in points prior to release so Bat's will have to come up with a new team if he want's to repeat as champ next year.
Old July 2nd, 2020, 03:03 PM
C3G Landlord

Once Bat's claimed the title, the Custom Terrain Workshop hosted by Tornado, Yodaking, & IamBatman really took off.

We discussed the current status of Small House & the Apartment Building, along with how they might move forward.

Bats shared the map he created for the Batcave, along with all the sweet props he had collected for it. He also took notes while we dove into a deep discussion on how we could make the Bookshelf Skyscrapers a reality.

The Bookshelf discussion was really dynamic, roping both Spidey & Lord Pyre into it. We hit a few stumbling blocks, but after a break through we soon had a set of rules we were excited about enough to want to play test right away.

It was a 4 player free for all, featuring Bats, Yoda, LP, & Tickle. As we put our new rules to the test, questions arose and were answered. Like could Wrecker knock Spider-Man off the roof, resulting in him falling to his death?

Silver Surfer ended up taking the win in the end. Mostly because he was the only flier on the board, but also partially because Yoda triggered King Kong to go on a rampage only after his army was safely inside one building, which forced Kong to go after Bat's & LP's troops who were not yet inside. The battle was pretty epic though, and the rules were dubbed a rousing success!
Old July 2nd, 2020, 03:09 PM
C3G Landlord

Also on Day 2, Soundwarp also held a custom figure workshop where he showed off some of his sick custom figures and discussed modding techniques for any who had questions. Some free play took place, with Tickle trying out an all Ultron army. Several new card ideas were also brainstormed, including the Convention Exclusive Arthur!
Old July 2nd, 2020, 03:10 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quick someone enhance that Hulk II card and figure out what it does!

If I learned anything from the movies, yelling enhance at your computer should do the trick.
Old July 2nd, 2020, 05:26 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Heh, I did play Hulk a bit wrong against Tornado's Walking Dead army (though I think we both agreed it wouldn't have mattered).

I was most afraid of Magical Defense and other defensive powers in the game, and having Wonder Woman's lasso of negation was a huge help as I ended up one-shotting Zatanna (I) (against Spidey in Round 1) and Zatanna (II) (against Nobody in the deciding game) after she lassoed and negated them.

Hulk (II) has a amazing tool box (I won't spoil any pre-release) but he pretty much had an option for any situation, which was incredible.

Poor Spidey (Round 1) and Tornado (Round 2) just had no answers for the Lasso/Hulk combo, despite fielding nasty heroes like Omni-Man and Spawn, so I was cruising going into Round 3 against Yodaking.

Yoda's Titans army had me really sweating. I accumulated too many wounds cutting down Changeling and was in pretty bad shape already when I took a swipe jumping Hulk into engagement with Starfire. I managed to one-shot Starfire with him, right before Raven used Soul Self to finish him off early. Without my Hulk safety net, my nerves were high, but I managed to get in some lucky shots and lets just say Hawkeye (III) had something special that really helped me against Nightwing at the end.

Then I went 1-1 against Nobody's super nasty Zatanna (II)/Liu Kang combo that had Kang juiced. In game one, I overextended myself, whiffed on my big lasso attack from Wonder Woman on height against Zatanna, and Nobody won pretty handily. In game two, it was his turn to overextend with Superman and Superboy and I managed to put them in the Hulk (II) grinder. He still had a shot to take me out, with a big 7 skull attack against Wonder Woman early. This is where Stan Lee popped in and made his biggest difference with a cameo appearance to block (I'd really considered taking Wasp (I) over Stan the man, so this made me really glad I took him -- plus, it's an expensive mini that I don't own, so it was cool to get to play with it).

Wonder Woman being around later was key, as she got that one-shot attack on Zatanna (II) and Liu Kang just wasn't the same without her. A narrower victory than Nobody had against me in the game before, so hats off to him, but I was the one drinking champagne from the trophy (which was a bad, leaky idea ) at the end of the match.

Great times had by all! Yoda really covered my Saturday well, but it was my favorite day of the con for obvious reasons. Love that trophy - thanks for bringing it, Tickle!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy