Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Sales and Trades
Sales and Trades A place for 'scapers to buy/sell/trade Heroscape-related stuff with each other

Notices

Old July 1st, 2020, 09:34 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Buying Collections to Resell to Scapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Unless people pretty much give you their scape, you cant "mark it up" that much without being in a similar bracket as the other sellers. If they dont give it to you for wholesale and you keep it lower, I doubt that it will be worth your while at all. The answer here is 3d printing. Supply and demand. If no one is paying the insane prices, prices will come down to meet the market. I know your heart is in the right place, but dont think adding a middleman is the answer to the scalping problem. Reguardless, I wish you luck in your quest.
Edit: not trying to be a downer here, just keeping it real.
I mean, I’ve done this 5 or 6 times. This is the first time I’m initiating with a new thread, but I’m not asking people to give it to me for free. I’m already in talks with someone. I had another who wanted me to pay eBay prices, which I’m clearly not going to do. If it doesn’t work out, that’s ok. I’m just seeing if I can save any lots from going to eBay (assuming that the seller doesn’t want to just parcel stuff out on their own). I don’t plan on selling figures for much more than I used to (teens for most squads, single-digits for most heroes).

As for 3D printing, while it’s a nice sentiment, most people won’t do it. It won’t really make an impact on pricing on eBay.

Edit: sorry if this came off a little harsh.
Not harsh at all. I think its great if you can pull it off. It just didnt seem as plausible to me. Im the kind of guy that gets his hands dirty in all kinds of hobbies and a do it myself person. Your average person probably would not like to do the 3d printing hobby as it can be a headache at times. I wish you good luck vs the scalpers. ATH is insane with their prices.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 1st, 2020, 09:46 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
Quote:
Unless people pretty much give you their scape, you cant "mark it up" that much without being in a similar bracket as the other sellers. If they dont give it to you for wholesale and you keep it lower, I doubt that it will be worth your while at all. The answer here is 3d printing. Supply and demand. If no one is paying the insane prices, prices will come down to meet the market. I know your heart is in the right place, but dont think adding a middleman is the answer to the scalping problem. Reguardless, I wish you luck in your quest.
Edit: not trying to be a downer here, just keeping it real.
I mean, I’ve done this 5 or 6 times. This is the first time I’m initiating with a new thread, but I’m not asking people to give it to me for free. I’m already in talks with someone. I had another who wanted me to pay eBay prices, which I’m clearly not going to do. If it doesn’t work out, that’s ok. I’m just seeing if I can save any lots from going to eBay (assuming that the seller doesn’t want to just parcel stuff out on their own). I don’t plan on selling figures for much more than I used to (teens for most squads, single-digits for most heroes).

As for 3D printing, while it’s a nice sentiment, most people won’t do it. It won’t really make an impact on pricing on eBay.

Edit: sorry if this came off a little harsh.
Not harsh at all. I think its great if you can pull it off. It just didnt seem as plausible to me. Im the kind of guy that gets his hands dirty in all kinds of hobbies and a do it myself person. Your average person probably would not like to do the 3d printing hobby as it can be a headache at times. I wish you good luck vs the scalpers. ATH is insane with their prices.
Thanks! FWIW, 3D printing is really cool, and I’m really glad that people have that option. I think it’s a hard sell to new players, as they want to be able to just jump into the game and start playing.
Old July 2nd, 2020, 12:39 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Not that OEAO needs my help here - he's perfectly capable of explaining himself - but he's targeted this OP at sellers of a very particular type. If the OP wouldn't apply to some other sellers, I think he (very realistically) is aware of that, and is not trying to reach them.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; July 2nd, 2020 at 12:40 AM. Reason: also, Brad says hi.
Old July 2nd, 2020, 12:52 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Yes, this is definitely not targeted towards the sellers who want to sell for the highest price possible. I’ve bought many collections from people who were more interested in putting the pieces into good hands, rather than making money. For example, I just bought a huge Star Wars Destiny lot on Saturday from someone who had virtually everything for the game. I paid significantly less than I should have ($500 instead of $2500-3000, based on what I see other people listing for), because he wanted his collection going to someone who will enjoy it.

If someone wants to get rid of everything and have it pieced out fairly, yet doesn’t want to piece it out themselves (which is a lot of work, trust me), then I can provide that service. I’ve done it in the past, and I’m sure I’ll do it in the future. I am aware that this is not the majority of sellers, but my experiences over the years buying and selling games on the secondary market (be it Board, minis, cards, you name it) indicates that there will always be those who care more about the home of their beloved games than making a few extra bucks.
Old July 2nd, 2020, 09:30 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

This might be one you could look into. But you'd have to talk him down on pricing and get him to ship (unsure if he would).

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Sales and Trades