Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs
HoME Customs A place for Heroes of Middle Earth Customs

Old June 17th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: HoME General Discussion Thread

HoSS is getting pretty close to release. I really have no energy for anything else until that is complete.

Gandalf is first on my list when I'm done. We have two options right now:

1) Pass him as he is at 165 points.

2) Change Blazing Strike to the new version to allow him to wound himself and give his Strike a little more oomph when needed.
Old June 17th, 2013, 01:51 PM

JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby!

I agree (though my opinion is just an opinion) with WK. Whether Capsocrates right about everything being okay or not I don't know, but one things for sure: I got everyone here and working real quick, which was my goal. I was playtesting someone for HoSS, and the Green Lantern Gunship for the C3G, but as soon as they are done, bring it GANDALFFFF!!!!!!!! The organization is alive!
Old June 17th, 2013, 02:04 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I don't think everything is "okay;" it's not okay, but the main thing keeping it from being okay is no playtesting. Changing other stuff does no good if playtesting isn't already happening.

I'd probably be okay moving Gandalf forward at 165.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old June 17th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I'd probably be okay moving Gandalf forward at 165.
Agreed. Though I know there's been talk of him not being powerful enough before, so when we come to a vote, if people want to see him upped in power, please, speak up so we can try him with a modified SA.
Old June 17th, 2013, 02:31 PM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
HoSS is getting pretty close to release. I really have no energy for anything else until that is complete.

2) Change Blazing Strike to the new version to allow him to wound himself and give his Strike a little more oomph when needed.
1) I agree.

2) I don't know exactly what your thinking by "oomph", but I would suggest no more than the current three attack dice, after all, he only used it to kill goblins....

~JS, realizes this belongs in another thread, but doesn't want to move it right now
Old June 17th, 2013, 02:39 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

Is there anybody besides me who can do Gandalf playtesting? I have a lot on my plate and would like it if someone else can do some as well.
Old June 17th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Sweeney View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post

1) I agree.

2) I don't know exactly what your thinking by "oomph", but I would suggest no more than the current three attack dice, after all, he only used it to kill goblins....

~JS, realizes this belongs in another thread, but doesn't want to move it right now
This is the change we talked about:

BLAZING STRIKE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 3+ Special.
All opponent's figures adjacent to Gandalf are affected by Blazing Strike Special Attack. Before attacking with Blazing Strike Special Attack, you may add 1 or more attack dice to this attack, up to the number of life remaining on this card. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Affected figures roll defense dice separately. After using Blazing Strike Special Attack, add 1 wound to Gandalf for each attack dice added to this attack.

ELEMENT OF SUPRISE
At the end of your turn, if you used Blazing Strike Special Attack this turn, you may move Gandalf up to 4 spaces. Gandalf does not take leaving engagement attacks when moving this way.

It sort of simulates the attack he used against the Balrog.
Old June 22nd, 2013, 04:58 PM

JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby!

How did Ninjastatus get banned!?!?!?!?
Old June 22nd, 2013, 05:09 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by JESUSFREAK View Post
How did Ninjastatus get banned!?!?!?!?
I don't know, although I have a few guesses.

--
--
--

--
Old June 23rd, 2013, 02:01 AM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

As far as I know, it's a voluntary temporary ban; NS wanted to take some time off, and asked Jim to help him refrain from, shall we say, relapsing.

Then again, as a certain someone has pointed out, I could be wrong.

Last edited by Son of Arathorn; June 23rd, 2013 at 04:21 AM.
Old June 25th, 2013, 12:07 PM

LoganTO is surprisingly tart

Permission to join the project is requested here I do believe, and I would request it.

Read the books several times, films... I don't even know how many times I've watched.

I've just found my old Heroscape masterset and decided to get back into this and since I was 10 I always wanted to have a LotR game like heroscape... this seems to be pretty close :P
Old June 25th, 2013, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganTO View Post
Permission to join the project is requested here I do believe, and I would request it.

Read the books several times, films... I don't even know how many times I've watched.

I've just found my old Heroscape masterset and decided to get back into this and since I was 10 I always wanted to have a LotR game like heroscape... this seems to be pretty close :P
Glad to have your interest. The best way to get involved is via playtesting. You can check out Gandalf in the Playtesting thread. Or you could run some playtests on Merry and Pippin (their designs are listed here).

--
--
--

--

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs