Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old December 4th, 2009, 02:53 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
The Book of Cyclops (Original X-Men)

The Book of Cyclops (Original X-Men)

C3G MARVEL WAVE 1
RISE OF THE MUTANTS

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Universe set.
Its model number and name are #103-105 / Cyclops.

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Infinity Challenge set.
Its model number and name are #082-084 / Cyclops.

Character Bio - Next to the Professor himself, Scott Summers (or Cyclops) is the individual best suited to lead the X-Men. One of the original five students, Cyclops has proven his tactical skills again and again. Selflessly loyal and a firm believer in Xavier’s ideals of justice and equality, the relationship between the two is as much father-son as teacher-pupil. In fact, Cyclops has always had a close relationship with telepaths; he has been married to both Jean Grey and Madelyne Pryor and has been romantically involved with Emma Frost. As a result of these affairs, he is father to both Cable and Rachel Summers (though both are from the distant future). However, these affairs have caused him nothing but heartache, as his loves seem to face death and rebirth.

Cyclops’ has a single power – the ability to shoot beams of concussive energy from his eyes. Unfortunately, he can’t turn it off, and as a result must wear specially designed glasses (or his signature red visor) to negate the effects of the beams.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Q- If he uses Field Commander he can still attack right? He just skips his normal movement?
    A- That is correct. Cyclops may still attack or use his Telepathic Rapport special power.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Cyclops may move Mutants with his Mutant Field Commander special power. Current Mutants
  • Cyclops may activate Telepaths with his Telepathic Rapport special power. Current Telepaths.
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • Possibly Cyclops’ greatest strength is his ability to create limited “chain” bonding. The combination of being able to move a fellow Mutant with Mutant Field Commander, then take a full turn with a Telepath through Telepathic Rapport, and finish up with activating a Mutant Sidekick (which other Mutant leaders like Professor X and Mastermind can’t), can be strong when used correctly. Here’s an example of a well laid-out turn with the following Cyclops army: Cyclops (190), Jean Grey (180), Angel (90), Jubilee (60), Molly Hayes (180); 700 total points.
    - The Order Marker is revealed on Cyclops, who uses Mutant Field Commander to move Angel; before Angel moves, he chooses Cyclops to Carry.
    - Cyclops then uses Telepathic Rapport to take a turn with Jean Grey, who follows Cyclops and Angel, and uses her own Telekinesis to pull Molly Hayes along too, eventually positioning her as the team’s shield (remember, Molly’s greatest weakness, her Power Fatigue, is avoided when she’s moved by Mutant Field Commander, Carry, or Telekinesis).
    - Jubilee then gets to take a full turn herself through Mutant Sidekick as long as she is within 6 clear sight spaces of Cyclops.
  • Cyclops based army builds like the above also benefit, like many Mutant armies, from versatility: when using Mutant Field Commander, consider instead moving Jean Grey, and again using her for Telepathic Rapport to “speed boost” her; skip on using Telepathic Report occasionally to use Cyclops to snipe at the enemy, forcing your opponent to come to you; and while situational, don’t forget to use the Order Marker rearrangement aspect of Mutant Field Commander to use your other offensive Mutants for efficiency or surprise.
  • Emma Frost is a valuable addition to any Cyclops build, as both a Mutant and a Telepath to play off his synergies, and for the use of Telepathic Link, which gives you much more freedom when using Mutant Field Commander and/or Mutant Sidekick.
  • Like Angel who can use his Carry when moved by Mutant Field Commander, consider using other Mutants with similar abilities that activate “before moving” such as Beast and Pyro.
  • Cyclops is offensively strong in his own right, and so he also works well in other Mutant builds alongside Professor X, Mastermind, or Apocalypse, being useful as both a sniper and back-up Order Marker management.
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 04:29 PM. Reason: png
Old December 7th, 2009, 12:59 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Cyclops C3G X-Men Master Set

NAME = CYCLOPS
SECRET IDENTITY = SCOTT SUMMERS

SPECIES = MUTANT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = LEADER
PERSONALITY = DETERMINED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 8
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 190

MUTANT FIELD COMMANDER
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, instead of moving Cyclops, you may rearrange any unrevealed Order Markers on Army Cards you control that are in play and immediately move any other Mutant you control within 8 clear sight spaces of Cyclops up to 4 spaces.

TELEPATHIC RAPPORT
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, instead of attacking, you may take a turn with any Unique Telepath Hero you control.

OPTIC BLAST SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 5.
Choose 7 spaces in a straight line from Cyclops. All figures on those spaces who are in line of sight are affected by Cyclops's Optic Blast Special Attack. Roll 5 attack dice once for all affected figures. Affected figures roll defense dice separately.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by SirGalahad; April 27th, 2014 at 12:34 AM.
Old December 7th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Yea
Old December 7th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Before I vote, do we want to move his attack down to 3? I'm not sure Cyclops warrants an attack of 4 while engaging in hand-to-hand combat. Is he really on the same power level as Beast or Spider-Man? He's trained in hand-to-hand combat, but let's be honest. Who isn't? To me, an attack of 3 represents someone with pretty good training.
Old December 7th, 2009, 12:02 PM

I could go either way on that one. It should be noted that Beast is probably closer on your charts to a 5 attacker, but the inclusion of Whirlwind Assault represents his prowess in another way, so his attack was bumped down to 4.
As for Spider-Man ... it seems weird to me that Cap and Batman both attack significantly harder. That may be more about 4 being one too low for Spidey, IMO.

Old December 7th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

It could definitely be my scale, but this is how I envision hand-to-hand:

Atk 1: Average citizen.
Atk 2: Normally strong or normally athletic
Atk 3: Peak human strength or extensive training
Atk 4: Above peak human strength or a lifetime of training
Atk 5: The best of the best (Batman, Captain America, Lady Shiva, etc.)
Atk 6+ Varying levels of Superstrength combined with the above scale.

A hand-to-hand weapon usually raises the attack value by one.
Old December 7th, 2009, 12:29 PM

So Agent Carr and Sgt. Drake are the best of the best, or are their weapons raising their attack value by more than one?
I guess extensive training + lower level superstrength = 4 does make sense for Spidey to an extent.
The other thing to consider, and maybe a reason why I was premature in voting to move this to playtesting, is will he have a reason to use his normal attack? Right now, I think it's pretty questionable - move it down to 3, and it becomes very questionable.

Old December 7th, 2009, 01:32 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
So Agent Carr and Sgt. Drake are the best of the best, or are their weapons raising their attack value by more than one?
I guess extensive training + lower level superstrength = 4 does make sense for Spidey to an extent.
The other thing to consider, and maybe a reason why I was premature in voting to move this to playtesting, is will he have a reason to use his normal attack? Right now, I think it's pretty questionable - move it down to 3, and it becomes very questionable.

I don't know that Drake and Carr would be considered amongst the best of the best in hand to hand combat when compared to superheros, I'd say their weapons add more than +1 for their melee attack total.

Spidey can press 10 tons, that's not chop liver. Especially when combined with super agility and reflexes. Stronger than Cap or Bats by a good margin. Cap has a shield to consider for bashing opponents and I guess Bats has tricks and gadgetry I suppose. In the end, I think both Spidey and Iron Man got hosed in the official game. Spidey should of had a higher attack and Iron Man should of had a special attack (repulsor x2) to bypass things that stop/cripple normal attacks, and he should of had a higher attack for melee, because IMO he engages more in melee combat (than this card would show) and has superstrength to dish out some punishment.

Regarding Cyclops. Now I haven't read all of the X-Men comics, but I have several and many X-Factor ones as well and I don't recall ever seeing him fighting hand to hand. Maybe he has at other times, but even in cartoons and the movies, he only uses his optic blast. I wouldn't mind seeing his normal attack at 3. Even if it was at 4, I'd only use it if he lost his special powers, but he shouldn't be falsely pumped up with his normal attack just to make it more usable. If he'd been given a special power of being able to attack one or two additional times, then his normal attack would be used more often, but since his optic blast is in no way tied to his normal attack, then I'd favor it being what it should be for someone that doesn't really participate in melee combat all that much and has no enhanced strength.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 7th, 2009, 01:55 PM

Fair enough. I am persuaded by Balantai and Hahma's thinking on this. I favor a drop to 3 for his normal attack.
Does this impact his cost at all, you think? A drop to 170? Or does it not really factor in because he'd be using his specials over the attack of 4 anyway?

Old December 7th, 2009, 02:20 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Funny how sometimes we're in favor of Special Attacks that make normal attacks obsolete, other times we aren't.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 7th, 2009, 02:25 PM

It's really something I want to avoid as often as possible ... but some characters, like Cyclops, just make it so frigging hard to get around. The fact that we didn't include his optic blasts in his normal attack at all, but just tried to represent his melee attack there sort of tied our hands a bit.
Maybe we should reconsider having his optic blasts represented in his normal attack if he's not ever going to really use his normal attack unless negated?

Old December 7th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Oops, I somehow missed IAmBatman's post and said more-or-less the same thing.

Last edited by ollie; December 7th, 2009 at 03:09 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library