Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

View Poll Results: When do we do this thing?
May 17 1 9.09%
May 24 (Memorial Day Weekend) 3 27.27%
May 31 3 27.27%
June 7 4 36.36%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 22nd, 2008, 01:26 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: DFW Modular Map Tourney - June 21st - NRH, TX

Yes that sounds like fun!

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old June 22nd, 2008, 01:49 AM
Site Admin

funrun is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Yes that sounds like fun!
Thanks! I saw you already posted about it in the other game day thread, but I just had to use your post as an example to say: if you are interested in the GIANT map game, please post about it in its respective thread. . . http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=19393

funrun's HS Repaints
Read my blog for interesting randomness as it comes to me.
Old June 22nd, 2008, 08:34 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It's and a little that with all the postulating about keeping Heroscape a kid-friendly game there's so much about a little !

Finally not driving 45+ minutes to get to a Scape Tourney was the dealbreaker for me.
Old June 22nd, 2008, 09:26 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenne View Post
It's and a little that with all the postulating about keeping Heroscape a kid-friendly game there's so much about a little !

Finally not driving 45+ minutes to get to a Scape Tourney was the dealbreaker for me.
But I'm friendlier around kids when I've had a beer or two.

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old June 22nd, 2008, 10:34 AM

Rodriquez has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenne View Post

But I'm friendlier around kids when I've had a beer or two.
hahaha my dice are friendlier after the 2nd or 3rd beer...Rym and DrL can both attest to that one.

good trades:Caravaggio, Gabbi, Drfeelgood,aljovin,vydar,rrhino,boom, Pallindromemaster, spidysox, Eckels, wytefang, Rym, Armegeddon, Fatboy Chubby, Forgehammer, Grison
Old June 22nd, 2008, 10:42 AM

Rodriquez has disabled reputation

as to Games:
As to Games 3-1

my Army: Q9, Suja the bee, and 2x spiders.

Spiders weren't a big threat in any game, I managed to take order markers away twice the whole time and once was the x!

Q9: as usual a beast, and as usual on his death the game may break. and on a personal note I'm really looking forward to playing some higher point games just to get rid of the addiction.

Suj:This is a fun monster to play(and a monster!) though usually the first to die, but he was also for the most part my front runner. However he did take out Saylind in one game wit a 20 roll, and I did manage to poison sting 2-3 times in a row several times.

record 3-1
hahahaha and i beat R˙chean!!! but oh that was a so close game...Q9 went down...after mopping up most krav's, nakita's, Zetacron outranged by Q9(and engaged by Spiders), came down to no wounded kaemon vs several wounds Suj and a couple spiders...Kae on height...takes wound and 2 poison stings..Suj dies...spider step up and takes the day!
are they worth their points? in that game they were well worth it.

I will have to admit that was a fun game, and Im sure after that game and Ry's game against DrL, Ry's already made the appt to see a shrink about his mental stability..

cheers
Rod

good trades:Caravaggio, Gabbi, Drfeelgood,aljovin,vydar,rrhino,boom, Pallindromemaster, spidysox, Eckels, wytefang, Rym, Armegeddon, Fatboy Chubby, Forgehammer, Grison
Old June 22nd, 2008, 11:12 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

My game with Velenne was equally as close as the ones I had with you and DrL. Heroscape is often that way. I like that in each game I was able to give my self a chance to win.

I think DrL maybe the one inline for a shrink. Playing a game or two without the AE dropping is nerve racking stuff.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old June 22nd, 2008, 12:28 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I gotta say, I had a blast yesterday. I've come to realize that I love this game no matter what the outcome of the games / matches I play. For example, my brother-in-law is a fanatic about the game Risk right now. Plays it online daily, and we play every time we see each other. I have yet to win (about 10 or 11 games). We played last night and I just wasn't into it after I lost.

Now Heroscape...that's different and I think one of the reasons I love this game so much. Even when I lose, I can't wait to play again; and let's face it, I'm about 50/50 in my matches.

Anyway, great stuff, good games, good times.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old June 23rd, 2008, 10:57 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

One big thanks (read: +rep) goes out to everyone who made the drive and helped make this such a great success. It can be a little scary coming out of the Heroscape box and trying new things but I really feel we created a viable tournament structure here. Great job everyone!

edit: I can only give out so much rep per day but don't worry, I'll get to everyone.
Old June 23rd, 2008, 09:38 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thanks Velenne. I had a blast and can't wait for the "epic" battle funrun is throwing together. I think what sells me the most on this format was the fact, that, not only did it start late, but it actually finished early.

Very well run sir. And I just realized that my 2 losses were to people in the top 5. That makes me feel even better about my skills. Except against those damn orcs...

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old June 30th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I was on my vacation and missed this event, but reading about it has made me positively green with envy.

I really hope you will consider doing another event like this Velenne. I wanna see those MOPs in action.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events