Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books
Books Not Heroscape-related.

Old September 18th, 2009, 09:57 PM

donjake Woo who?
Re: Books: What are you currently reading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boom View Post
I've been reading the Warriors series by Erin Hunter and I'm hooked. I started off by reading the first book on vacation a month ago because I figured it'd be fun stuff while watching the kid at the pool. Now I'm on book 4 and itching for more. She really develops the characters well. I'm saving them all for my son when he's a bit older.
oh ya my friends love those books iv been trying to find the first one somewhere
Old September 19th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I just finished reading Catching Fire, the sequel to Hunger Games.

Now, I'm reading the sequel to Atherton: House of Power, which is Atherton: River of Fire.
Old September 20th, 2009, 12:24 PM
is late for dinner.

Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby!

No Plot? No Problem!
A low-stress, high-velocity guide to writing a novel in 30 days.

by Chris Baty, founder of NaNoWriMo (which is coming up pretty quickly...I should start thinking about making this year's thread...)
Old September 27th, 2009, 11:33 PM
Soon to be Mrs. Tony Stark

DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Currently, I'm reading the Quran and various Sufi texts.

I love the Sufis.

[And DeceitfulBeauty finally beat NecroBlade at Heroscape. With Iron Man.]
Old September 29th, 2009, 02:50 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Just finished...

Talked about it here.

Now reading...

Been holding back on this one until I got my hands on Confessor as well. Nothing more frustrating than catching up to a series and having to wait until the next one comes out. I practically forgot everything that happened in Chainfire (pre-Phantom), so I wanted to finish in one shot.

-insert signature here-

Last edited by nyys; October 2nd, 2009 at 09:25 AM.
Old September 29th, 2009, 03:59 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

"Where Men Win Glory: The Odyssey of Pat Tillman", by Jon Krakauer (known as the author of "Into Thin Air" and "Into the Wild", among other books). Good read (so far anyway). It's a bit more political story than any of his earlier works, but that's in no small part because Tillman became something of a political football both in life and in death.
Old October 5th, 2009, 10:15 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

The Andromeda Strain.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old October 6th, 2009, 07:41 AM
Sandy 7-Up

RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Just finished "To The Last Man" by Jeff Shaara. A great book.

Getting ready to start "The Outfit" by Richard Stark (3rd Parker Novel). I am also reading "The Secret of Terror Castle" to my daughter.

Old October 6th, 2009, 07:44 AM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabSheila View Post
Just finished "To The Last Man" by Jeff Shaara. A great book.

I agree completely.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old October 6th, 2009, 08:37 AM

Gabbi is surprisingly tart

just finished the short story A Hypothetical Lizard by Alan Moore (the novel, not the comicbook adaption).
currently reading I Haven't Dreamed of Flying for a While by Taichi Yamada and an anthology of short stories by Joe R. Lansdale
Old October 6th, 2009, 06:09 PM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby!

Has anyone here read Prey by Michael Crichton? I saw this book earlier in a store and it caught my eye. The next time I went, it was gone and I would like to know if it is any good before I try and hunt it down.

Old October 6th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firemaster View Post
Has anyone here read Prey by Michael Crichton? I saw this book earlier in a store and it caught my eye. The next time I went, it was gone and I would like to know if it is any good before I try and hunt it down.
No! It was not good at all! It's about Nanobots. I can't remember details, but I remember reading it, and he just left a LOT un-explained. Like there were some huuuuge plot holes and it really bugged me. I would not recommend it.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books