Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old September 17th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Played a game of Dominion and ran through the Zombicide tutorial scenario with a couple guys at the game shop. All in all was a good Sunday and I'll be going back for that game day for sure.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old September 17th, 2012, 08:04 PM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker

Had an awesome game day yesterday, aside from the great games I've been having with scapers on Summoner Wars iOS. We played a couple of games that we hadn't touched in a while that reminded me how fun they still are.

1x Arcana
I still think the revised edition improved greatly this game and I still enjoy bringing it to the table every now and again. I won against Tina with the scores as 70-54.

1x Summoner Wars (physical card game)
Tina chose the Mercenaries and I the Jungle Elves. I squeaked out a win with only the bruised and battered duo Abua Shi (two lives left) and Makeinda Ru (1 life left).

1x Wiz-War
My wizard was getting beaten around silly and I resorted to the theft of Tina's treasures, securing a win.

1x Tooth and Nail: Factions
Tina chose The Pride and I the Red Claw Tribe. I started off strong, but then she put the hurt on the reptiles midgame, taking the win.

1x Rune Age
Tina chose the "Demon" faction and I the "human" faction. We played the first scenario in which be both compete against each other, but work against the event deck, trying to defeat the enemy objective. Unfortunately, neither of us could secure the win, as our home realms met destruction.

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old September 17th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Lords of Waterdeep again this afternoon.

I *love* this game. It really delivers as a two player Euro, it has great theme and a fair amount of player interaction, and it plays fast but still feels satisfying and complete when finished.

And the insert is the most brilliant bit of engineering I have ever seen, even more clever than elevators and ATMs.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 17th, 2012, 09:51 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Lords of Waterdeep again this afternoon.

I *love* this game. It really delivers as a two player Euro, it has great theme and a fair amount of player interaction, and it plays fast but still feels satisfying and complete when finished.

And the insert is the most brilliant bit of engineering I have ever seen, even more clever than elevators and ATMs.
But the box itself is one of the worst ever
Old September 17th, 2012, 09:56 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

You mean because the lid doesn't come down all the way?

I think it looks pretty cool. We've dropped it a couple times and it doesn't come open and nothing inside moves at all.

= =
Old September 17th, 2012, 10:02 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
You mean because the lid doesn't come down all the way?

I think it looks pretty cool. We've dropped it a couple times and it doesn't come open and nothing inside moves at all.
It looks nice...but it is totally nonfunctional especially if you want to store the game bookshelf style.
Old September 17th, 2012, 10:10 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Like I said, we haven't had a problem with it, and for awhile we had it standing up alongside other games, bookshelf style. Nothing moved inside and it did not come open. I didn't need to treat it with any special care. The lid fits very tight and does not slide off.

It looks like it might come apart, but it never has for us.

Your mileage may vary.

edit:

Here's an image of the box. Ignore the homemade meeples; they are not from the game.

If you look closely you can see a gap around the edge of the box. I think the goal was to make the box look like a large book. At least in our house, the lid has been just as secure as the lid to any of our other game boxes.

For those who haven't seen the game, here is an image of the insert:

There are a million different cards, cubes, and bits, and there is a separate home for every single one and each compartment is designed to make it very easy to remove its contents. Little curves and little dips and pivots make everything simple.

I confess to being a fanboy, which is why I sound like one.

= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; September 17th, 2012 at 10:22 PM.
Old September 17th, 2012, 10:16 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

If it ever was a problem a nice rubber band would fix it.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old September 17th, 2012, 11:09 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I confess to being a fanboy, which is why I sound like one.
Quote:
Dad_Scaper
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Yes!

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 17th, 2012, 11:54 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Did you post that before or after the change? Somebody was quick...

= =
Old September 18th, 2012, 12:05 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Did you post that before or after the change? Somebody was quick...
I'm not sure what you're asking.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Last edited by caps; September 18th, 2012 at 01:40 AM. Reason: The other message didn't help. I'm still totally lost, D_S.
Old September 18th, 2012, 09:00 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

My main compleint about the LoW box (after the box... and yes, mine opens if I store it upright), is that as good as the instert is, it's quicker to bag everything than put it all back in it's place after the game.

-insert signature here-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games