Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Notices

Old March 19th, 2015, 04:15 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Unit Battle Royale - No Longer Accepting Entries

UNIT BATTLE ROYALE 2015

It's back. You enjoyed it last year and now it's returned and I will be running the whole shebang this year.

Look below for further information:

Last edited by Dysole; April 3rd, 2015 at 03:24 AM.
Old March 19th, 2015, 04:16 PM

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Rules

Contest Rules and Regulations

To celebrate the 9th birthday of HeroScapers.com (May 3rd), the Battle Royale is back! Once again, this brute-force popularity contest will feature a new public poll each day for 32 days to decide which units will advance through the tournament.

For the first round of battle (16 polls), six units (four in the VC tourney) will go head-to-head each day, with only the two most popular units advancing to the next round. The remaining 14 battles will have only four units competing each day and will advance the top two. Everyday there will be a poll for Classic and VC.

The Finals for both the Classic and VC bracket will only consist of two units which will be the winners of both semifinals. The Final Finals to crown the Grand Ultimate Champion will consist of the winners of both finals.

(If you want to see how the Battle Royale played out in 2009, click here.)
(If you want to see how the Battle Royale played out in 2010, click here.)
(If you want to see how the Battle Royale played out in 2011, click here.)
(If you want to see how the Battle Royale played out in 2014, click here

ENTERING THE CONTEST:
There will be no prizes for the Battle Royale this year, but registered members of HeroScapers.com can compete for prestige and glory by predicting which units will triumph in each daily poll. Members must submit their guesses on what ALL the polling results will be BEFORE the polling begins. Entries will be scored on their accuracy, and the highest scorers will earn the well-deserved respect of their fellow HSers (or custom forum titles, if they'd like--(I assume that LR will once again offer this...but I obviously can't! Don't hold me to it ))

Note that these polls aren't based on which units are the strongest, or the best sculpts, or the most cost-efficient; it's a popularity contest. Game potential will undoubtedly come into play, but people will also vote for units because they look neat, or have cool abilities, or just have a special place in their hearts for no predictable reason. The contest isn't about finding the 'best' units, but rather guessing which units will get the most votes.

To enter the contest, follow these steps.

1. Examine the tournament bracket in the first post and pick the units each round that you think will get the most votes. (1st and 2nd place for each round). A completed entry will consist of 118 numbered unit picks total. You may not select the same unit more than once per round.

2. Go here

3. Go to file and make a copy. Fill out the bracket in your copy.

4. Share it. Picture below for example.

5. Send the link to me via PM.

Entries must be received on or before April 1st, 2015, to be eligible for scoring.

ENTRY SCORING:
In the first round (first 16 polls), entries will score ONE point for each contestant they picked that does actually advance, or TWO points if they predicted the proper standing that day as well. For example, let's say that the "DAY 1" poll ends with "Unit A" in 1st place and "Unit B" in 2nd. An entry that predicted "A" as 1st and "B" as 2nd (right units, in order) would earn 4 points. An entry listing "B" for 1st and "A" for 2nd (right units, wrong order) would only score 2 points. An entry picking "A" as 1st and "D" as 2nd (one unit, proper standing) would also get 2 points. An entry guessing "B" as 1st and "D" as 2nd (one unit, wrong place) would be worth only 1 point.

Each round after the first will score double the points from the previous round. The second round (8 polls) would therefore score 2 points for each correct choice, or 4 each with the proper placing. The third round (4 polls) will likewise score 4 (or 8) points, the fourth round meriting 8 (or 16) points, the fifth round meriting 16 (or 32) points, selection of the grand champion worth 32 points per accurate pick and 64 points for selecting the Ultimate Champion. After all polls have been completed, the grand total of all the points earned by an entry will be that entry's Final Score, that being anywhere between 0 points minimum and 256 points maximum for the Classic and VC brackets.

UNIT SELECTION:

Not all units are present this year. For size purposes because of how ginormous everything was last time, I've pared down the selection and put things into two brackets. This was also done to give new units a chance and also cut out some units that were unlikely to go anywhere. Gone are the top 16 Classic units from last year, the top 12 VC units from last year, and any Classic unit that failed to garner more than 9.1% of the vote during its first round (which sadly includes several favorites). The list is below.

Spoiler Alert!

TECHNICAL NOTES:
Any ties, during daily polls or final scoring, will be broken by d20 roll. Participants must have a valid HSers.com member account to enter, and Administrators and Moderators of HeroScapers.com may enter this contest (with the exception of the contest facilitator, Dysole). Only the first entry per member account will be accepted - no changes or alterations to an entry will be allowed once it is submitted.

Last edited by Dysole; March 24th, 2015 at 01:20 PM.
Old March 19th, 2015, 04:16 PM

Submissions

ENTRY SUBMISSIONS:

Accepting entries until 4/1/2015. I will try to check entries for 'correctness' but can not guarantee, so double-check it yourself twice before you click 'submit'. If an entry has fewer or more than 119 numbered unit picks, it will be rejected, and you will be notified of this by PM. If you choose not to fill out the VC portion please inform me of this when you submit. Additionally keep a copy of your bracket, and then you can check that your score is correct!

Current Entrants:
superfrog
mtl1998
nyphot
Buddy412
kevindola
ollie
Marro_Warlord
Blatimus
Arch-vile
William099
TrollBrute
MegaSilver
yamissflash
Kinseth
Taeblewalker
randomskyfears
Porkins
AMIS
BurnyFlame
TheSparkleInYourWater
Lo Pan
Killometer
BiggaBullfrog

That's all the small-talk I can come up with for now. Please feel free to discuss the UBR here in this thread if you'd like. Remember that entries must be received by me on or before April 1st, 2015. If you have any questions or notice any errors let me know and I will do my best to answer/correct them.

Good Luck, and Have Fun!

Last edited by Dysole; April 2nd, 2015 at 03:21 AM.
Old March 19th, 2015, 04:19 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Unit Battle Royale - Entries Until 11:59 PM Pac 4/1/2015

Yeah! I'm in!

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old March 19th, 2015, 07:32 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

How many units make the finals? Is it four, or just two?
Old March 19th, 2015, 08:13 PM

Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
The way I have it set up it is only two. I could easily adjust it so the finals matchup is the top two Classic and the top two VC units. I do kind of like that idea. If such a change is made I will be sure to announce it and let any previous submissions correct their results.

~Dysole, who will decide within the next day or so
Old March 19th, 2015, 08:19 PM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

On the note of voting -- what are the factors? As in, what are we looking for when voting? The sculpt? The theme? The way the unit preforms?

~JS
Old March 19th, 2015, 08:23 PM

Hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Sweeney View Post
On the note of voting -- what are the factors? As in, what are we looking for when voting? The sculpt? The theme? The way the unit preforms?

~JS
From the second post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall O Text
Note that these polls aren't based on which units are the strongest, or the best sculpts, or the most cost-efficient; it's a popularity contest. Game potential will undoubtedly come into play, but people will also vote for units because they look neat, or have cool abilities, or just have a special place in their hearts for no predictable reason. The contest isn't about finding the 'best' units, but rather guessing which units will get the most votes.
~Dysole, who knows there are several units he would vote for for no discernible reason
Old March 19th, 2015, 08:26 PM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Sweeney View Post

~JS
From the second post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall O Text
~Dysole, who knows there are several units he would vote for for no discernible reason
I just skimmed to see if I could find anything; didn't thoroughly read. Thanks.

*whispers* Sorry. *whispers*

~JS
Old March 19th, 2015, 08:33 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Well

Quote:
Quote:
The way I have it set up it is only two. I could easily adjust it so the finals matchup is the top two Classic and the top two VC units. I do kind of like that idea. If such a change is made I will be sure to announce it and let any previous submissions correct their results.

I think I worded my question poorly...

Is the competition to get into the finals between boxes of the same color (blue/gold-ish) or between boxes on the same side of the bracket (left/right)?
Old March 19th, 2015, 08:39 PM

Ah Yes

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I think I worded my question poorly...

Is the competition to get into the finals between boxes of the same color (blue/gold-ish) or between boxes on the same side of the bracket (left/right)?
It is built like a standard bracket. I almost had arrows indicating how the bracket went. If that would help let me know.

~Dysole, who much prefers this system to the annoying signup form of last year
Old March 19th, 2015, 08:47 PM
This is merely a joke.

This is way better than last year. Arrows or lines might be nice, tough.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games