Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old June 9th, 2006, 06:00 PM
assistant leader

skyknight is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla skyknight is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla skyknight is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla skyknight is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla skyknight is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla skyknight is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla skyknight is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla skyknight is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla skyknight is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla skyknight is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Thanks for the kind words fellas, I am going to start making smaller maps soon, but i always get going and then I look at all the unused stuff begging to be built and I feel bad I do plan on making some smaller ones very soon though.
Old June 10th, 2006, 12:29 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
I love the maps, skynight! That last map is kind of like a map I made that was kind of an underworld map. I only had 2 MS to work with, so it didn't work out too well. I might have to rework it so it is more playable now that I have more tiles. And thanks for the tip on making the rocks, they sound cheap and easy. Reminds me of the girls I would see at heavy metal concerts. I already have the most expensive part (rotary tool), so I think I'll be going to town on this soon.

Oh, how tall is your son? That would really help on judging the scale of that map.

UD, that was one of your funniest photochops yet!
Old June 10th, 2006, 12:35 AM

D-Dyzzle has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barfodor

Great maps! The last one is freakin huge!
Maybe take a few days for the armies to reach one another to finally begin the fight. (That may be a bit boring tho) I dunno. But those are really great maps! Hope you enjoyed playing on them!
thats y i like huge armies.
Old June 10th, 2006, 06:28 AM
Heroscape Architect Extraordinaire

caravaggio is surprisingly tart
that map is intense, man. looks like a cross-section of a really geologically interesting area. i still love the idea of burying the volcanic areas "underground". the forest on top is pretty cool with an opening to what i assume is some river running through a canyon or perhaps an underground spring?

thanks for the PM keeping me updated about your new maps. glad to hear you felt inspired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyknight
If you are wondering this is 11 master sets 4 road sets and two lava sets with a few spare pieces thrown in like a little tundra and modded lava for support. Why on Earth would anyone do this, well Carvaggio has raised the bar, that is why
and thanks for the compliment. 11 master sets sure is a lot isnt it. but surely with 11 sets you can find a way to bury the non-brown tiles in a wall and use the brown ones where it will show. that's my only suggestion. i just think it would look a little better. hope that helps! good luck!
Old June 10th, 2006, 07:27 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla skyknight is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla skyknight is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla skyknight is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla skyknight is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla skyknight is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla skyknight is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla skyknight is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla skyknight is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla skyknight is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
I hope you knock out a few rocks Agent, they are really easy, let me know how they turn out. And thanks fo rcheckin out my stuff Oh by the way my son is about 5"5.

I agree Car that the other pieces need to be buried into the framework of the underground. Only problem is to do it I will have to pretty much almost start over. I had to beef up two columns at the very end just to hold those extensions up. It was a bit hairy for a while, that is why I have not released the pdf yet, I stilll have to figure out what the Hell I did with those extra columns and supports
Old June 10th, 2006, 07:30 PM

Teamski is surprisingly tart
Hell yes!! That is one hell of a cool catacomb map!! Definately one of the most original yet! I can definately see an underworld army here! It would also be cool for a RPG scenario. I know, I know, it was a pain in the caboose to build up, but Wow.......

-Ski
Old June 13th, 2006, 05:53 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Sky, do you just spray the foam stuff with the paint? I was thinking of trying some styrofoam instead. It's marginally cheaper than the floral foam stuff (as if it's going to break the bank either way), and I like the texture better for making rocks. I'm a little worried since it will probably be a little more porous. I might try to paint on some white glue after I get the shape, so the rock looks better.

On a side note, I also saw some two part acrylic in the wallyworld craft section that makes a silk flower arrangement look like it's in water, but the flowers aren't going anywhere. I'm not sure what kind of custom terrain application it can have, but I thought I'd throw it out there to see if someone gets some inspiration.
Old June 13th, 2006, 07:23 AM
assistant leader

I have not tried the styrofoam, mainly because I just felt that floral block was a bit heavier, and yes I sprayed directly onto the foam. The foam is like four blocks for five bucks at Michaels. The expensive part is that fleck stone paint. In my customs thread you can see a pic of the can otherwise it is around 6.27 a can. It willl go quite a distance though. I will peak around for the watery stuff though, thanks for the tip. Oh yeah by the way, new map comin soon.
Old August 2nd, 2006, 10:43 AM
assistant leader

Well I just finished putting this map together last night. I am very excited, it is a four player map with a different terrain on each point. Lava, forest, sand, ice. In the center is the graveyard surrounded by a small body of water. It took about half my gear to build this bad boy. I will also use these pics to show off some customs. if you are in terested in any they are in Skyknight's reapints and customs. I will link if anyone is interested. I do not have a card for a couple of them yet but they are comin.

first a couple of complete map shots

Maligantis in the lava

Gorganath comin in to stomp some booty

Fulll out Fire viking charge.

Cinder on the volcano behind a lava rock ruin

Morsbane deploys his golems for battle

Custom Syvarris and his elves

Probably my favorite GROLSCH THE HAMMER :P

the ogre spear throwers

viper invasion

Marro in the sand cave

on top of the tower

behind the sand burm

The Mammoth rider

frost elf assault

yeti invasion

snow covered ruins

Blizzard on the prowl.

Glacier prepares his attack.

the graveyard with Spectral Mimring in the background

overhead of the graveyard

Sudemas sand dragon ...whhhheeee

Queen of the Graveyard

I hope you guys like :P
Old August 2nd, 2006, 11:36 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Awesome pics, Sky! Great shots of all your customs alongside the standard figures. Going to do the same thing with all of my customs.

Thanks for posting the pics!

Newb.
Old August 2nd, 2006, 08:51 PM
assistant leader

Thanks Lil Newbie, can't wait to play that map. Gonna be a smoker.
Old August 2nd, 2006, 11:21 PM

toddrew has disabled reputation
Finally made my way to your maps thread, SK. Your newest looks to be a blast to play on, but I really liked the 'catacombs' map - that one must've been fun (and hopefully not too frustrating ) to build. We really enjoy building maps with caves and overhangs, and have often thought about building maps from video game levels, like Mario 64 or something, but until recently had 'only' 3 MS to work with. We're up to 5 now, so still need a lot of hexes to come up with something like you built - great, great map

And you can see her
Before it cracks and goes out
She throws rocks at streetlights
Keeps the streetlight changer busy

Floundering Customs Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios