Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 20th, 2011, 10:00 PM

betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby!
Betawolf's Custom Figures-Idolon The Shademaster

Old Stuff
Spoiler Alert!

New Stuff
Spoiler Alert!

I just started playtesting this guy, but he's been sitting in the wings for about three months now being brainstormed. Here he is.
IDOLON THE SHADEMASTER

He's designed to lead the Phantom Knights and Shades of Bleakwoode into battle. He works similarly to Nicholas Esenwien, spawning a new ghost upon the death of an opponent. I wanted to somehow capture the intangibility of the PKs without having to add a fourth power to the card and so gave him a grey hitzone. With 6 defense he's tough, but brittle with only 3 life. I'm thinking about lowering the defense to five, or even four, but increasing his life to four if I go the latter.

It adds a new aspect to the game by referencing an actual specific power on an army card. The only other being so specific otherwise I believe is Sonya.

I don't have the figure yet so I am only guessing at the hieght.

PKs x2
Shades x2
Idolon
Rounds out to an even 500pts at the moment.
Playtesting will tell if he's too strong.

The figure used is the Reaper Bones Gravewraith

I'm eager to hear comments suggestions and theoryscaping!

Last edited by betawolf36; September 23rd, 2014 at 01:08 AM. Reason: updates
Old January 20th, 2011, 10:27 PM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker
Re: Betawolf's Custom Figures

Great stuff! I hope to see some cards soon, but be careful about the Nazis.

My customs HERE.
With Two Es

Last edited by MrWookiee; February 9th, 2011 at 08:34 PM.
Old January 21st, 2011, 09:23 AM

betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWookiee View Post
Great stuff! I hope to some cards soon, but be careful about the Nazis.
Unfortunatly I don't have the technology required to make cards, and it is not readily available. when I made the Nazis I just thought that the Airborne Elite could use a good foil; I knew there might be some troble to come with them, but I went for it anyway.
Feel free to make the cards if you want to. If you do could you send some to me? That last question was to whoever dicides to make the cards in general.
Old January 21st, 2011, 10:33 AM

Can anyone tell me how to make spoiler alerts? I want to hide some pictures so the thread doesn't get too long.
Old January 21st, 2011, 11:45 AM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

[spoiler.] text here [/spoiler.]

Use those tags at the beginning and ending of the text you want in the spoiler. Remove the periods after the word spoiler.
Old January 21st, 2011, 01:51 PM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by betawolf36 View Post
Quote:
Unfortunatly I don't have the technology required to make cards, and it is not readily available. when I made the Nazis I just thought that the Airborne Elite could use a good foil; I knew there might be some troble to come with them, but I went for it anyway.
Feel free to make the cards if you want to. If you do could you send some to me? That last question was to whoever dicides to make the cards in general.
I meant i hope to see some cards, but I will gladly make and send cards to you if you give me stats.

My customs HERE.
With Two Es
Old January 21st, 2011, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by betawolf36 View Post
Quote:
I meant i hope to see some cards, but I will gladly make and send cards to you if you give me stats.
I will add stats as they pop into my head.
Old January 22nd, 2011, 12:34 AM

Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Loving my Skragers. Although for a little designer suggestion, you should name them Skrager Young, or Skrager Fledglings, or Skrager Vernals.

The reason why I say this because in my story, skragers are practically the spawn of black magic, the essence of forbidden knowledge at its height, hence the emphasis of poison. (Which you did an amazing job with.)

Initially, skragers are born to grow to immense sizes, large enough to take on dragons. (sometimes.) So make these ones some sort of child species, which implies to the player that the elder skragers are far, far more larger.

All whining aside, I love the paint job, and love the powers and thematics. Thanks for the publicity!

Come check out The Essalim Collate, a content platform centered around worldbuilding and narrative design in gaming!
Old January 22nd, 2011, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majora's Incarnation View Post
Loving my Skragers. Although for a little designer suggestion, you should name them Skrager Young, or Skrager Fledglings, or Skrager Vernals.

The reason why I say this because in my story, skragers are practically the spawn of black magic, the essence of forbidden knowledge at its height, hence the emphasis of poison. (Which you did an amazing job with.)

Initially, skragers are born to grow to immense sizes, large enough to take on dragons. (sometimes.) So make these ones some sort of child species, which implies to the player that the elder skragers are far, far more larger.

All whining aside, I love the paint job, and love the powers and thematics. Thanks for the publicity!
The are now the Skrager Fledglinigs, I will start looking for some actual Skragers.

Soon to come Deathwalker 10000.
Old January 23rd, 2011, 05:23 PM

DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker

On making cards, have you tried this? That's how I make all of my cards, and they turn out looking pretty good with some practice. If you'd like, I can do a quick mock-up of the Skrager Fledglings to show you how they'd look.
EDIT: Actually, I got bored and made the card.
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by DeathDoom; January 23rd, 2011 at 06:00 PM. Reason: I maded a card.
Old January 23rd, 2011, 08:33 PM

Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness

For the Skragers, might not be plausible with a peanut base, but I seriously like the look of this one right here:

http://www.miniature-giant.com/giant...-pr-12141.html
Or you can do the Huge Fiendish Spider, that might fit on a Moltenclaw base.

These are from Otherworld Miniatures:

Come check out The Essalim Collate, a content platform centered around worldbuilding and narrative design in gaming!

Last edited by Majora's Incarnation; January 23rd, 2011 at 08:50 PM.
Old January 23rd, 2011, 08:36 PM

Ick. Looks like Aragog on steroids. Or a male Shelob.

My customs HERE.
With Two Es

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards