Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project
C3G Project A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old March 4th, 2019, 01:03 AM
Looking where the light is better

Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun Ronin is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Public Design Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
So for example, say we deside the Dark Avengers have the mechincal theme of ‘Wounding matters’ or ‘Brutality’ if you want to parse that into something more themey. We can then build around that idea with most/all the appropriate cards, where they either care about wounding themselves, make it easier to get wounds in, or both. Then we have a naturally viable thematic army without having to do ‘Norman Osbornes add 2 to their attack.’ style callout powers.

So, I don’t actually know the character, but let’s say Ares or whoever could be a thematic home for a power like so:

PRESS THE ADVANTAGE
At the end of your player turn, if figures you control inflicted 10 or more Wounds this player turn, all figures you control add 1 to their attack for the rest of the round.

That lets Iron Patriot, Overkill Ai, and Ares all work together naturally and viably, as their cards all flow into each others’ and augment one another, and you could extend that same philosophy out to whoever else was on this team(s). IDK, intentional mechanic synergy is just something I think is cool and would like to see more of in C3G.
There was a little more to the conversation, but not a ton - think Soundwarp's thoughts here are the main thing I wanted to bring over for Ares @MrNobody

C3G (Welcome Center) (Books)
C3G Sortable Index
(Updated through Wave 28 - Marvel Cosmic)
Old March 4th, 2019, 07:16 AM
Doesn't Drink the Kool-Aid (Eats the Catsup)

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I think when Griff and I discussed this way back in the day, he'd suggested going God of the Underworld as the subtitle for Ares DCU.

I think giving him some sort of "God Of War" subtitle might work
Old March 4th, 2019, 11:04 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

For Ares - I mean, they're the same guy just from different universes. No different from "Superman" and "Superman but he's a Nazi." Just because it's two different publishers doesn't mean it's two different dudes.
Old March 4th, 2019, 12:31 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Yeah, if I ever run 2000AD Odin, they would be the same person so no team up.
Old March 4th, 2019, 12:51 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
So for example, say we deside the Dark Avengers have the mechincal theme of ‘Wounding matters’ or ‘Brutality’ if you want to parse that into something more themey. We can then build around that idea with most/all the appropriate cards, where they either care about wounding themselves, make it easier to get wounds in, or both. Then we have a naturally viable thematic army without having to do ‘Norman Osbornes add 2 to their attack.’ style callout powers.

So, I don’t actually know the character, but let’s say Ares or whoever could be a thematic home for a power like so:

PRESS THE ADVANTAGE
At the end of your player turn, if figures you control inflicted 10 or more Wounds this player turn, all figures you control add 1 to their attack for the rest of the round.

That lets Iron Patriot, Overkill Ai, and Ares all work together naturally and viably, as their cards all flow into each others’ and augment one another, and you could extend that same philosophy out to whoever else was on this team(s). IDK, intentional mechanic synergy is just something I think is cool and would like to see more of in C3G.
There was a little more to the conversation, but not a ton - think Soundwarp's thoughts here are the main thing I wanted to bring over for Ares @MrNobody
I think that makes sense as a mechanic, and as SW pointed out it combos really well with Norman. I do think 10 wounds is a lot, even for a very powerful effect. Do you think an attack boost is the best thematic choice for Ares?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXAN2507 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I think when Griff and I discussed this way back in the day, he'd suggested going God of the Underworld as the subtitle for Ares DCU.

I think giving him some sort of "God Of War" subtitle might work
I think having him be Ares: God of War and the other guy being just Ares seems even funkier to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
For Ares - I mean, they're the same guy just from different universes. No different from "Superman" and "Superman but he's a Nazi." Just because it's two different publishers doesn't mean it's two different dudes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Yeah, if I ever run 2000AD Odin, they would be the same person so no team up.
I just think there's a weird precedent being created where certain characters from different universes (Nightcrawlers, Batman (Bruce Wayne) and The Drowned (Bryce Wayne) can be played together because of slight name changes, while certain characters (2 Areses from different publishing universes, Batman (Regular) and Batman (Gotham By Gaslight) can't. In both situations it's clearly the same person, but one situation gets a pass to break the laws of the multiverse and one doesn't.

I do agree that mythological characters are slightly different from the "pure" comics characters because of their shared origins, but I personally think this whole thing is something that still needs to be addressed directly vs. constantly finding funky workarounds every time it comes up.
Old March 4th, 2019, 12:57 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I do not see a problem personally. You can play at home anyway you choose.
If we open it up as you suggest, I can make an IDW Dredd to team with 2000AD Dredd?
I think there is a DC Dredd as well. Triple Dredd!!!
Old March 4th, 2019, 01:03 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I do think there’s an argument to be made for altering the Secret Identity rules to be based on unique cards but that sort of steps on Billy Batson and Iron Man and the like.

I’m comfortable just house ruling it and then bringing in a multiverse breaking design eventually (Pariah?).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 4th, 2019, 01:09 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
If we open it up as you suggest, I can make an IDW Dredd to team with 2000AD Dredd?
Your dream army

You raise a fair point that I don't really have an answer for. Properties like Dredd, the Hasbro stuff, and TMNT have been under different publishers with different continuities, but it doesn't seem right to me to have Marvel Snake Eyes and IDW Snake Eyes teaming up, even if they aren't from the same continuity. And imagine the mess that would be 8 Ninja Turtles.

I do think there are cases where it does matter (see Spider-Verse & Dark Knights Metal) but I suppose those could be handled on a case by case basis if that's generally what the group wants to do.
Old March 4th, 2019, 01:12 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

There’s always the opportunity to address it on individual cards like with aforementioned Billy and Iron Man.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 4th, 2019, 01:12 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I know Ronin is a strong proponent of some kind of "alt reality" tag instead of rigging cards up on a case by case basis. On the face of it I'm not in favor but I think I could he swayed - it's definitely something we have to address sooner or later, as a few factions kind of hinge on it.

...but I don't think either Ares would qualify, personally.
Old March 4th, 2019, 01:13 PM
Not Citrus

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Quote:
Your dream army

You raise a fair point that I don't really have an answer for. Properties like Dredd, the Hasbro stuff, and TMNT have been under different publishers with different continuities, but it doesn't seem right to me to Marvel Snake Eyes and IDW Snake Eyes teaming up, even if they aren't from the same continuity. And imagine the mess that would be 8 Ninja Turtles.
That one wouldn't bother me at all. There was even an animated film that saw the 2003 animated Turtles, the 80s animated Turtles and the Issue #1 Mirage 'proto-Turtles' teaming up.

My Family's Classic Customs
- Suicidium Scourge
=====================
Old March 4th, 2019, 01:17 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
That one wouldn't bother me at all. There was even an animated film that saw the 2003 animated Turtles, the 80s animated Turtles and the Issue #1 Mirage 'proto-Turtles' teaming up.
I actually remember that one! Just from a C3G perspective, I'd be scared of giving Leo more options than he already has (5 now if you count Meggan) for Turtle Power bonding.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project