Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 28th, 2011, 12:31 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: CHCG24 Discussion Thread

"Traitorous Habits" as written has a turn interruption going on. I'm not sure what the magic is about turn interruption, but I've seen GBob and Bats and others write that a turn interruption is a no-no. Consider, for instance, how a person might struggle with him whiffing on an attack against a Reaver. Is there Scatter or not?

It probably can be revised a bit, though, if that's something you want to try modifying ("If ... Toklar's turn immediately ends and ...").

It's something I'd have to think very carefully about, if I was trying to figure out how he worked.

from a guy dropping in only every now and then.

Carry on.

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =
Old January 28th, 2011, 01:00 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Or you could just have the opponent take control at the end of Tolkar's turn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old January 28th, 2011, 08:41 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death!

I'll probably go with Toklar's turn immediately ends.

Welcome to C3G | C3G Playtesting Sign Up | C3G Books of Index | C3G Sortable Index

Praise about C3G: "This is great. The cards have everything you need to know about the figure on them."
Old January 28th, 2011, 12:30 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
Spoiler Alert!
I was looking at Star Wars Minis but I like this one. Now I just need a high res image of it.
With that figure... maybe double attack? And knock the defense down to 3? This also makes him more of an offensive figure and reduces the utility of Tolkar as a glyph-grabber, which was one of your concerns.

I also like the suggested change of language to match Hawthorne, with "Tolkar's turn immediately ends" thrown in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Clerics in D&D are not adept at fighting.

Online Heroscape!
Old January 28th, 2011, 12:42 PM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The problem with "immediately ends" is that it's in the middle of resolving the attack. I think that opens up more problems.

Quote:
Old January 28th, 2011, 12:51 PM

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
The problem with "immediately ends" is that it's in the middle of resolving the attack. I think that opens up more problems.
Hmm. Probably depends on how it's worded. Think it over & fiddle with it, Tickle; if you're satisfied that it's obvious how to resolve the Scatter question then you're probably making progress.

Looks good to me otherwise.

= =
Old January 28th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death! tcglkn is hot lava death!

Toklar rolls no skulls, you can say either the turn is over so no need to roll defense, or now its a friendly figure the rats were attacked by.

Welcome to C3G | C3G Playtesting Sign Up | C3G Books of Index | C3G Sortable Index

Praise about C3G: "This is great. The cards have everything you need to know about the figure on them."
Old January 28th, 2011, 01:03 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I suppose I prefer your "at the end of Tolkar's turn" language, quozl. It seems like it is the easiest to interpret.
If Tolkar attacks an opponent's figure and does not roll at least 1 skull, then at the end of Tolkar's turn, that opponent takes control of Tolkar. Remove any Order Markers on this Army Card, then give the card to that opponent.
That eliminates all the turn interruption effects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Clerics in D&D are not adept at fighting.

Online Heroscape!
Old January 28th, 2011, 01:06 PM

It's not just scatter. Counterstrike is affected too.

Quote:
Old January 28th, 2011, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Toklar rolls no skulls, you can say either the turn is over so no need to roll defense, or now its a friendly figure the rats were attacked by.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
It's not just scatter. Counterstrike is affected too.
Don't get me wrong, Tickle (or quozl). I'm not disagreeing with quozl at all. Just because you immediately end the turn doesn't *necessarily* answer all questions, and just because the Scatter question is answered similarly doesn't *necessarily* mean you're done. It just means you're making progress.

Put something together & see how you like it, is my suggestion.

= =
Old February 2nd, 2011, 11:20 PM
Tickle Pickle

End of turn wording added.

I'm sorry for the delay, I was looking around for a good replacement mini, and I haven't decided. Being a purely aesthetic choice, that shouldn't stop this unit from passing.

Old February 2nd, 2011, 11:52 PM

I like him. I'm curious how it'll go when you playtest him, but I like the Traitorous mechanic for a 5 point hero. I wonder whether the ability should be "Traitorous" instead of "Traitorous Habits," now that I think of it. Hmm.

Anyway, there's a typo - not a misspelling, a straight up typo - but I'm not telling you where.

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards