Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project
C3G Project A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old February 20th, 2013, 06:05 PM

Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker
Re: The C3G Cave - Hangout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardevoir View Post
I feel that Gears of War could fit in C3G quite well.
A gritty sci-fi alien shooter doesn't really fit with flashy superheroes, sorry. Same reason we said no to Halo.
That is a good point, but the sort of things that the characters have to fight are similar sort of creatures to some things C3G have already done, such as Beserkers being kind of similar to Hulk. Sorry if I am being rude or really determined, but I personally feel that a few more minor series could be designed, even if it is just 1 or 2 characters from it.
Old February 20th, 2013, 06:18 PM
One time at band camp...

Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
A gritty sci-fi alien shooter doesn't really fit with flashy superheroes, sorry. Same reason we said no to Halo.
That is a good point, but the sort of things that the characters have to fight are similar sort of creatures to some things C3G have already done, such as Beserkers being kind of similar to Hulk. Sorry if I am being rude or really determined, but I personally feel that a few more minor series could be designed, even if it is just 1 or 2 characters from it.
Could say the same for Lord of the Rings, which I'm sure the heroes would also nay.
Old February 20th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I think you're fine. You don't seem to be belligerent ... you're just expressing your opinion. I'm not sure it'll be enough to sway any existing or future votes on the subject but it's worth expressing nonetheless. I for one, despite not being a Gears of War fan at all, do feel inclined to agree with you; it's a comic, it's dark and gritty like most Vertigo comics, it's sci-fi nature reminds me of Age of Apocalypse, and it's shoot em up characters remind me of a number of comics characters from both of the big boy companies.
Old February 20th, 2013, 06:27 PM

Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Could say the same for Lord of the Rings, which I'm sure the heroes would also nay.
That is true, you have me now, I forgot about Lord of the Rings although Gears of War is more sci-fiy and I can see kind of fitting with Guardians of the Galaxy, and Judge Dredd.....
Old February 20th, 2013, 06:28 PM
One time at band camp...

Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death!

Quote:
That is true, you have me now, I forgot about Lord of the Rings although Gears of War is more sci-fiy and I can see kind of fitting with Guardians of the Galaxy, and Judge Dredd.....
I just feel it fits in more with Star Wars.
Old February 20th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Haha, yeah very true ... sci-fi and fantasy (and most genres for that matter) have a lot of overlap in regard to characterization, thematic, literary, and storytelling conventions. Perhaps genre conventions aren't the best for deciding these kinds of things ...
Old February 20th, 2013, 07:14 PM

Genres do not appear to be a good way to go when it comes to deciding. Marvel and DC both use a lot of genres and have already been taken in for designs. When it comes to fantasy, Red Sonja and Conan are in Nominations, and Lockheed has been done. History we have Uncle Sam and Satanus (if they counts for history?). Sci-fi has various aliens and Guardians of the Galaxy will most likely be designed at some point. I know these are weak links, but it does appear to me that some things are being rejected merely because of genre, even though those genres have already started having designs being made. No characters have to be exact to the character as already stated, but are adapted to be played fairly. For example, Superman has a vast array of powers, such so that he has two designs. This is kind of like a situation with Master Chief, where the weapon swapping mechanic in the games. He wouldn't need a weapon change, it is not specific to him that only he can do and anyone can simply swap a weapon they own with another they find, the only thing being is that he does it in a game, just like a lot of shooting games, and he is most commonly seen with an assault rifle, something that has already been used for Punisher, and Punisher uses a large range of weapons.

Street Fighter has been announced as being designed. As far as I am aware (I don't know much about the series), they only appear to be fighters like Iron Fist and Luke Cage, and some of the characters from the series aren't superhuman. A lot of rejected characters are in the same sort of situation as Street Fighter characters and it puzzles me as to how Street Fighter, which could also easily have it's own project in my opinion, is accepted and others aren't. Some Marvel and DC characters (very few though) did not originate from comics, so if origin comes into play, should those characters not be allowed? For example, that would mean X-23 should not of been allowed as she never originally came from a comic book.

Why could there not be a system like they did with Indy Heroclix? Just have a few characters from various series. You could have just a couple/few characters from a variety of different series and then leave it as that.

Sorry, I appear to have waffled a bit, but the whole process of deciding what is allowed and what is not just completely confuses me
Old February 20th, 2013, 07:36 PM
One time at band camp...

Hero's personal preference, basically.

Case by case, it's different. Harley and such are very much comic characters, even if they didn't originally come from comics. Basically anything mainstream Marvel/DC is allowed.

Otherwise, if it's from a comic, and we feel it's thematically appropriate, it's allowed. If it's not from a comic, but has strong ties, and/or it just feels very superhero-y, then there's a better chance. Mini availability really helps, too. Street Fighter has everything going for it, minis, comics, ties to Marvel Comics through the Marvel vs. Capcom games (And I think somewhere else, too). Plus they all feel superhero-y, throwing fireballs around and beating the crap out of each other.
Yeah, Jedi can do superhero-y things, but it's contained in their own universe, and Luke and Superman together just don't feel right at all. Same with Gears of War/Halo and superheroes.

That's the best explanation I can come up with. It all really comes down to personal preference in the end.
Old February 20th, 2013, 07:59 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death!

Quote:
For example, that would mean X-23 should not of been allowed as she never originally came from a comic book.
Well, not originally, but Harley took years for DC to acknowledge; Marvel did it within a year. They are both characters that are ingrained in comics lore now though. Big difference between that and something which may be published by the big 2, but has its own universe.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by Spidey'tilIDie; February 20th, 2013 at 08:05 PM.
Old February 20th, 2013, 08:15 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Man... with Halo, Gears of War, Bioshock on the hill, and with NECA owning Valve licences, I'm surprised no one's attempted a "Unified ShooterScape" system. Allow figures to equip variable numbers of equipment-style glyphs (assault rifles, plasma guns, plasmids, all that), make them all interact... I'd be interested in that sort of thing for sure.
Old February 20th, 2013, 08:42 PM

Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death! Hogg is hot lava death!

Firestar would be another example of a comic character who didn't originate in comics.

Looking at the unreleased list, apart from Ryu, the Watchmen are the only thing that stand out, as they have their own universe. But they are comic characters and have always been published by DC.

And remember, Stan Lee himself was rejected (one design anyway) by C3G for not being comic accurate. I would have a problem with Gears of War or Pokemon making the cut while Stan Lee is sitting in the corner by himself.
Old February 20th, 2013, 09:16 PM
C3G Super League MVP

Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Man... with Halo, Gears of War, Bioshock on the hill, and with NECA owning Valve licences, I'm surprised no one's attempted a "Unified ShooterScape" system. Allow figures to equip variable numbers of equipment-style glyphs (assault rifles, plasma guns, plasmids, all that), make them all interact... I'd be interested in that sort of thing for sure.
Well, over in the UHS (United Halo Scapers) that is kind of are planned, but just Halo for now. Though, it's been kind of low.

C3G: Books & Online Figure Request
---------------------------------------
Family: Classic Customs & Maps
--------------------------------
My SuperScape Maps

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project