Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old July 14th, 2015, 09:59 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Elysium is a set collection game? You guys need to play better games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old July 14th, 2015, 10:09 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Hah! The review I watched compared it in style and depth to Race for the Galaxy. I do like Splendor, though, and the similarity is there.

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =
Old July 14th, 2015, 10:13 PM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

You're killing me! Can you at least mention one game that is fun?

Quote:
Old July 14th, 2015, 11:02 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Love Letter?

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =
Old July 14th, 2015, 11:13 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
You're killing me! Can you at least mention one game that is fun?
Yes

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old July 14th, 2015, 11:56 PM

Cool. Let me know when you do.

Quote:
Old July 15th, 2015, 12:02 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I can, but fun is in the eye of the beholder. I could name lots of games that are fun for me, but not for you. Even within my own gaming group not everyone has the same tastes in what is fun for them. We had 25 people in attendance last night and lots of different gaming tastes there.

So I don't need to bother naming a game that is fun for me, because you could just say that it's not a fun game and the whole exercise would be fruitless.

Old July 15th, 2015, 02:06 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Stop bickering children. Mind your manners.

Back on topic...

A new FLGS recently open in my area and I went tonight (Tuesday) to check out their Open Board Gaming nite (other evenings are reserved for the usual WH, D&D, MtG, etc. Anyway, there were over 40 "kids" there with me probably being the oldest guy in the place. But I got to play Settlers of Catan and Munchkin: Adventure Time. It's *not* my idea of "fun" however I did enjoy the interaction with other gamers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
All this Elysium chatter tempted me into looking at it, and my research tells me two things:
(1) Looks perfect for my taste.
(2) Except nobody would play it with me.
I'm beginning to HATE those kind of games and our tastes are somewhat different) - but only because I've spent a small fortune accumulating dozens of games I think I would like that are now just collecting dust.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old July 15th, 2015, 09:51 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
It's *not* my idea of "fun" however I did enjoy the interaction with other gamers.
Sometimes that's all that matters. I have had good times playing games that I would not consider "fun". Sometimes the games that don't take a lot of brain power allow you to have more "fun" with the company. Although I still need a game to require some brainpower at minimum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
It was a great idea that really brought this concept to the next level and now I just have to convince you of your own brilliance.
Old July 15th, 2015, 09:58 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
It's *not* my idea of "fun" however I did enjoy the interaction with other gamers.
Sometimes that's all that matters. I have had good times playing games that I would not consider "fun". Sometimes the games that don't take a lot of brain power allow you to have more "fun" with the company. Although I still need a game to require some brainpower at minimum.
So LCR is out?

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old July 15th, 2015, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
I can, but fun is in the eye of the beholder. I could name lots of games that are fun for me, but not for you. Even within my own gaming group not everyone has the same tastes in what is fun for them. We had 25 people in attendance last night and lots of different gaming tastes there.

So I don't need to bother naming a game that is fun for me, because you could just say that it's not a fun game and the whole exercise would be fruitless.
You could just say why the game is fun for you when you post it.

Quote:
Old July 15th, 2015, 10:34 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post

You could just say why the game is fun for you when you post it.
So then your earlier remark about us naming a "fun game" wasn't so much a commentary that the games we list as playing aren't fun, but rather you'd like to know why they are fun for us? If so, then that sounds better then to judge them as not fun.

Sometimes when I post my games played, I'm kind of in a hurry to do so before work or right before bed, so I may not go into as much detail in those regards. So I will try to wait until I have more time before posting them so I can give better impressions, if that helps.

I can say now that from my last list of games played, I enjoy Imperial Settlers because of the engine building aspect of it and how the 4 current factions have their own play styles due to having their own faction deck of cards to draw from, in addition to drawing from the common deck. There are several tough decisions to make because you have to manage your resources that you need to be able to spend for all the things you want to do. There are cards that give you resources, cards that allow you to do something by taking an action on that card, and there are feature cards that are passive and give you benefits when you do certain things. There is some player interaction because you can raze other player's common buildings and mess them up.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games