Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old November 5th, 2007, 11:28 PM

Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker
Hehehe... would appear that way, wouldn't it? I think... I just enjoy... making maps... for whatever the reason.

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
(Codex downloadable into a spreadsheet for easy self-sorting)
Note to self: One ladder for every TWO levels!!!!!!
Old November 6th, 2007, 12:38 AM

STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker
Cool maps nadi!

My maps:

R.I.P. Ugly-Caco
Old November 6th, 2007, 02:28 PM
stop starring at my burrito

AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker
Again, awesome maps, I had to come back to your thread so that I can hopefully find a large map to support four 1000 point armies, and be balanced as far as ranged vs nonranged, flyers vs ground units, etc.

I have found a few of yours that I really like, I need to analyze more to determine which would be the most balanced and fun to play on.

Thanks again for these submissions!
Old November 6th, 2007, 02:37 PM

Akkarin Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadi
Here's my latest offering... this one just came to me today... I'm not really sure what brought it on. I was just sitting at my desk (at work... shhhh... don't tell anyone...) and I thought: "It'd be cool to make a map with a giant tower... like... thing... in the middle." So, this was born. Not sure how practical it would be to play... but I might give it a go here sometime soon.

Slithok Swamp Outpost - 2RotV, 1FotA, 1SotM
Wow, I really like Slithok Swamp Outpost. Gorgeous!

(...and I guess you also used 3RttFF in addition to the mentioned sets...)

I wish I could make maps halve as nice as you.
Old November 6th, 2007, 03:29 PM
Thanosiest Princess

Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Slithok Swamp Outpost is just visually beautiful. I don't know how easy it would be to play with all the stuff that could get in your way as you move figures under the bridges, but it still looks just absolutely stunning.
Old November 6th, 2007, 04:35 PM

Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker
Akkarin,

Doh! You are right... I need to update that on there. My bad.

Here is one I made early today... because I was bored. I'm going to try my luck on a few small sets, with maybe one expansion for some quick games. I think this one would be blast to play as a 'Heroes Only' round.

The Proving Grounds - 1RotV, 1RtFF

And I do agree with you on the Slithok Swamps... if you had a lot of SMALL characters, you might be able to get by... but larger characters (especially dragons) will probably have a difficult time.

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
Old November 7th, 2007, 04:21 PM

that guy has disabled reputation
Nadi, you need to get some lava and tundra sets. I don't know if you've played on them or not, but they are awesome. What I do know, is that you would make some sweet ice and volcano maps.
Old November 7th, 2007, 04:25 PM
stop starring at my burrito

AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by that guy
Nadi, you need to get some lava and tundra sets. I don't know if you've played on them or not, but they are awesome. What I do know, is that you would make some sweet ice and volcano maps.
Lava more so than Ice, please...
Old November 7th, 2007, 04:26 PM

What's even worse... is that I had (in my hands) a lava set at Toys R Us a few months ago.. and decided to put it back.

I REGRET THAT! I do agree, though.... my maps are starting to look a little 'bland' without that sweet ice and lava look that I find around here.

Here's a new one I came up with today. I got inspired by Shades Fan (and Eclipse) in the whole 'graveyard' idea. (I gave you guys credit on my website.) In keeping with the above post with 'small maps' this one only requires one RotV and FotA:

Beyond the Grave - 1RotV, FotA

Here's the idea I had with the grave:

Call From Beyond the Grave' - Before the start of the game, determine how many points each player will have for an 'active' army. The 'active' army is your regular playable army. Then, determine how many points a player may have as a 'summoned' army. During the game, a hero (hero only) may stand on top of a grave (sand tile with marked 'headstone') and attempt to call a squad / hero from beyond the grave. To call a squad / hero from the grave, the player must roll a 16 or higher. If the player rolls a 5 of lower, they suffer a wound at the hands of the grave and fail the summon. 6 - 15: nothing happens. When a player successfully calls forth a squad / hero from the grave, they will then draft an unused army card and add it to their own. They also take an immediate turn with that squad / hero. (They cannot be used again until the start of the next round, where markers are then placed on them for regular game play.) The point value of the army card drafted will then be ducted from their total 'summoned' army. Summoned figures must be placed adjacent to the grave which the hero is standing on.

Undead's Home' - Characters that are 'undead' (such as vampires, ghosts, zombies, etc.) may ONLY be summoned through a call from the grave and cannot be drafted through a regular draft prior to the game starting.

Really, two different types of rules, but you couldn't use the second one without having the first one in effect. Just something different to try.

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
Old November 7th, 2007, 04:34 PM

that guy has disabled reputation
I like your big maps too. As much as I like the giant ones like Dr. Wierdscaper and company, yours are attainable. I just opened my third RotV that's been kicking around just to make your King of the Mountain map.
Old November 7th, 2007, 07:23 PM

You know, several people have commented to me that they really like the KotM map. Honestly, I think it's one of the WORST maps that I built. Hahaha. Just goes to show that sometimes I have no clue on what I'm talking about.

Just an FYI: I've updated my website to include thumbnails of all my maps now on the main page. This way, you can get a better idea of what a map might look like before you decide to check it out. I'm sure I'll have to adjust it and expand it a little more as the archive grows... but I hope this helps everyone get a better idea of what the maps look like.

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
Old November 8th, 2007, 02:31 AM

Here's another small SotM set I did tonight while I couldn't sleep.

Eye of the Needle - 1SotM, 1FotA

Visit the SHS Map Codex!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios