Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old September 27th, 2018, 07:14 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Ocean Master (VOTE for Initial Playtesting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
My yea stand either way, I really feel it's a pretty huge theme break though for 6 feet of water to suddenly disappear all at once. Ask the people of North Carolina how quickly things are drying up down there after having that hurricane drop all that water on them. If someone who can attack and move like Bug or Elektra attacks him and takes him out while starting their turn swimming in deep water, they shouldn't be sprinting over dry land for another attack all on the same turn.
Maybe have it drain at the end of the round he's killed?

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 27th, 2018, 07:24 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

YK, having survived and beign stranded through Hurricane Harvey, I know that floodwaters don't just disappear. That being said, I feel this is not like real life. He is after all using a magic Trident. Magic's whole thing is doing in real life, what isn't really possible.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old September 27th, 2018, 07:48 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

"Everything goes back to normal absurdly quickly when the evil wizard is defeated" is sort of a hallmark trope of these sorts of characters, isn't it?

I'm a yea either way.
Old September 27th, 2018, 07:56 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

It's not the first big theme break we've had so I can live with it since I seem to be the only one that it is bothering.
Old September 27th, 2018, 08:03 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I actually would also prefer the extra drain mechanic YK but I also sort of like the tension of Waterworld resting on Ocean Master's shoulder's.
We can see how it plays out.
Old September 27th, 2018, 08:28 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
My yea stand either way, I really feel it's a pretty huge theme break though for 6 feet of water to suddenly disappear all at once. Ask the people of North Carolina how quickly things are drying up down there after having that hurricane drop all that water on them. If someone who can attack and move like Bug or Elektra attacks him and takes him out while starting their turn swimming in deep water, they shouldn't be sprinting over dry land for another attack all on the same turn.
Maybe have it drain at the end of the round he's killed?
That seems like a reasonable compromise ....

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 27th, 2018, 08:33 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
It's all based on Geology and topography of the area. If you aren't the lowest local point and the water has an escape it can recede pretty quickly. Perhaps I just lived to close to the coast but the two years that Florida was hit by dozens of Hurricanes (2004-2006) several hit my house. We had water up to our doors and a few hours later it was gone.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 27th, 2018, 09:10 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Exactly my point, a few hours and it's gone. How long do you think a 12 round C3G battle last? Even if you said each round was 10 minutes long, that's still just 2hr total. 1 hour for the water to fully come in at 6 rounds for 6 markers, 1 hour for the water to fully recede at 6 rounds for 6 markers. With the magical component allowing for the water to rise and recede a little faster than normal, that seems pretty accurate on theme. I imagine due to the water slowing things down a bit, a 12 round game won't be that unusual for him.

At the end of the round having all the water disappear would be a fair compromise though IMO. Then at least bonding partners are not having one figure swim and one figure run. At the start of the next round you place your OM's knowing the water is gone and plan accordingly.
Old September 27th, 2018, 09:40 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Great point but the magic water argument is hard to argue against.
No real preference either way as I see both sides.
I guess I want whatever makes for more fun game play.
Old September 27th, 2018, 11:30 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Lasting until the end of the round is perfectly fair and also doesn't cause any problems from my perspective (rather, it solves some, as YK was saying with multi-attackers). The only kink is being unsure how to word it since we recently ruled that all powers are negated when a figure is destroyed. Anyone have suggestions?

As an aside, this passes to Initial Playtesting! I've never used spells before, does anybody have tips for first-time spellcasters?

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old September 28th, 2018, 09:27 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Ocean Master (Initial Playtesting Phase)

Wish I could help you, but I've yet to get much utility out of spells in my few tries at it!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

Old September 28th, 2018, 09:44 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Lasting until the end of the round is perfectly fair and also doesn't cause any problems from my perspective (rather, it solves some, as YK was saying with multi-attackers). The only kink is being unsure how to word it since we recently ruled that all powers are negated when a figure is destroyed. Anyone have suggestions?
Clearly there are exceptions when specified, right? Thanos, Grundy, and Doomsday all have powers that take place after their destruction. I'm no wording expert for sure, but maybe something like this?
Quote:
RISING TIDE
Start the game with 6 blue Tide Markers. After revealing an Order Marker on this card and instead of attacking with Ocean Master, you may place one Tide Marker on this card. All spaces on the battlefield whose level is lower than the amount of Tide Markers on this card are considered water spaces instead of their normal terrain type, even after Ocean Master has been destroyed. Rising Tide can only be used once per round. At the end of the round, if Ocean Master has been destroyed, remove all Tide Markers from this card.
Sorry if that's useless, but it's my shot at it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
I've never used spells before, does anybody have tips for first-time spellcasters?
Lightning Bolt seems like the obvious first choice. I usually take Mesmerize too as it'll almost never get wasted, and Healing Energy I've usually found is worth the points, especially if he can heal a heavy-hitter.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library