Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Notices

Old July 26th, 2018, 10:21 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Re: Classic League X:Taste of Gen Con (Round 4-Alliance 8/5)

AYP and I are starting now

EDIT: Battle Report coming tomorrow

Last edited by kevindola; July 27th, 2018 at 12:15 AM.
Old July 27th, 2018, 10:15 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

AYP: Marrden Hounds x2, Black Wyrmling x3, Red Wyrmling x2, Airborne Elite, Deadeye Dan
kd: Romans x3 (sit one), Mogrimm Forgehammer, Syvarris, Raelin, Marro Warriors

Had an up and down wild game last night that came down to the end.

PreGame: The Drop (Uh oh) AYP thinks a while before dropping 2 AE near the North and 2 mid-south, but all back near his base

Round 1
Combat Leader gives me Round 1 initiative. I open all Syvarris, but his 4 defense doesn't hold up against Airborne fire. He falls in 3 attacks (2 even ground), but he takes 2 Airborne with him.

Round 2
This round was quite a bit of positioning. I spend OMs on Raelin, Romans, and MW, while AYP abandons the two AE to their current northern position to get the wyrmlings and hounds in the game. We exchange a Marro Warrior for a black wyrmling

Round 3
The battle really heats up with the wyrmlings doing significant damage from distance on my squads. The hounds get an order marker as well, but the map isn't conducive to double spacers and they can't move up too far, at least not yet. I lose a full squad of Romans and my 2nd Marro Warrior and Forge takes a wound. Forge manages to catch a black wyrmling and kill him and a Roman also kills a hound. My final OM I water clone from 2 to 3 Marros.

Matchup: 5 Hounds, 3 wyrms, 2 Airborne, Deadeye vs. Rae, Mog (5), 7 Romans, 3 Marros

Round 4
I win a huge initiative that allows me to move my 3 MW and take the Unique attack, killing an Airborne (#3) and a wyrmling (2 left). The two wyrms keep hitting though, killing a Marro Warrior and a Roman. I use another OM to position Raelin to the middle of the map on shadow (I had used an OM Round 2 to send her waaaay south....probably not super efficient as the game played out) and Mog and the Romans can't kill anything else. However the Hounds finally get through all my screen and into my clustered area killing 2 Romans.

Matchup: 5 Hounds, 2 wyrms, 1 Airborne, Deadeye vs. Rae, Mog (5), 4 Romans, 2 Marros

Round 5
Just to keep things fair, this time AYP wins a very big initiative. The hounds kill a Marro and 2 Romans. Now I have my round loaded with Roman orders, but only 2 left. I have to try and hide one of them. Fortunately I finally do some damage as Mog and the sole attacking Roman both kill Hounds (3 left). The hounds keep pressing killing the last Marro Warrior and the next to last Roman. I retreat on my OM2 to a spot in the center of the map that I believe is safe sacrificing attacks, but I miscounted the wall, and 1 hound can get to my Raelin backed Roman. Plague kills him. I lose my last order marker and I'm down to 2 figures.

Matchup: 3 Hounds, 2 wyrms, 1 Airborne, Deadeye vs. Rae, Mog (5)

Round 6
I win a reasonably timed initiative and Commander's strike kills the black wyrmling. AYP moves Deadeye Dan into sniper range while Forge takes height and kills a hound (2 left). I will say that Forge was in a spot where only 1 hound could attack him, so even though there was a full squad left, they were going to have to face him 1 on 1 or attack Raelin, but that opens up commander's strike. So it was a tough call. The Hounds put a wound on Raelin to end the round.

Matchup: 2 Hounds, 1 wyrm, 1 Airborne, Deadeye vs. Rae (4), Mog (5)

Round 7
Combat Leader for the second time in the game swings an initiative to me. Commander's Strike kills a Hound. The Airborne activate for the first time since Round 1, but mis against the 5 defense dwarf. Raelin takes a 2nd hit disengaging from the last hound to kill the wyrmling while Deadeye is forced to move again since both Forge and Rae have moved out of his sight. For the 2nd round in a row, I am able to kill 2 squad figures and only take 1 wound to my heroes.

Matchup: 1 Hounds, 1 Airborne, Deadeye vs. Rae (3), Mog (5)

Round 8
Deadeye Dan gets two tries with Sharpshooter. One at Raelin and one at Forgehammer that would have likely ended the game. But he missed both. Forgehammer is able to catch and slay the Airborne and then catch Dan and put 2 hits on him.

Matchup: 1 Hound, Deadeye (1) vs. Rae (3), Mog (5)

Round 9
Forgehammer kill Dan. The last hound puts a few more hits on Raelin, but Forgehammer takes down the mutt. I took the win with a 5 life Forgehammer and 1 life Raelin.

Really good game All Your Pie. I was very surprised I was able to pull it out with the Romans doing practically nothing, and Syvarris doing less than I had hoped. But I survived a first round drop, and the reality is that AYP did not have a reliable way to beat a Raelin backed Forgehammer. On this map I made it near impossible for Forgehammer to get swarmed. Maybe wyrmlings could have done it, but they were flying around demolishing my squads, so it's not that they were idling doing nothing. Really fun one though. Now I suspect my tournament will come to a close as the seminfinals will be flooded by the unbeatable 9-10 deathcombo.

Last edited by kevindola; July 27th, 2018 at 09:57 PM.
Old July 29th, 2018, 04:42 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Starting w/ Dysole now

Dysole (2-1) v. Chris Perkins (2-1)
Dysole (I Didn't Put Kaemon In This Army Because I Felt Like Being Nice (Also Are You Tired of My Ridiculously Long Names Where Every Word Is Capitalized Like A Fall Out Boy Song?)): Deathreavers x2, Tagawa Samurai, Krav Maga Agents, Syvarris, Raelin (RotV), Marcu Esenwein
Chris Perkins (Raelin's Last Stand): Stingers x3, Krav Maga Agents, Raelin (RotV), Atlaga, Brave Arrow

Edit: Got the win with Atlaga & Raelin left standing.

Wave 1:
I started by sending in Brave Arrow to grab the glyph so the Rats couldn't sit on it. He ended up holding the glyph for almost 2 rounds. Dysole opened with moving in the Rats, which clogged up the battlefield well for the first 3 rounds. My OM 3 in round 1 was on Krav, and I got them all in range to hit Raelin, putting 3 wounds on her.

Wave 2:
In Round 2, Dysole moved in the samurai. They killed Brave Arrow and a stinger while my Krav were busy trying to clear the field of rats. Once the Samurai got closer, I switched to using Stingers to keep getting all ranged attacks. My stingers were able to maneuver to finish off Dysole's Raelin and kill 2 of the Samurai, while the Samurai killed one of my Krav.

Wave 3:
Dysole moved in her Krav, which performed amazingly shooting from the high ground near the top of the map. My remaining Krav were able to kill one of them, but my stingers were almost useless against Krav on height. All of my stingers fell while they finished cleaning up the rats and Dysole finally finished off my Krav.
Remaining:
CP - Raelin, Atlaga
Dysole - Krav (minus 1), Syvarris, Marcu

Wave 4:
I moved Raelin and Atlaga slowly around the south end of the map, killing Marcu while Dysole continued to burn OMs on her Krav (not moving them off the high ground, but out of range of me). Once I realized Gencon used full card scoring (I was ahead on partial card but behind on full card), I moved Raelin into the middle of the map but behind enough cover Dysole's' Krav had to come off height by 1 space in order to hit her. They both missed. I then sent in Atlaga, who missed on the Bolt (how often do you use bolt on a squad figure?) but hit one krav who whiffed on defense.
Dysole's remaining Krav ran back to height, but missed Atlaga. Atlaga caught up with him, now adjacent, and finished the Krav off. Syvarris tried, but was unable to do any damage, outclassed against Atlaga+Raelin's 2 defense.

I won with Atlaga & Raelin, both full health.

Last edited by Dysole; July 30th, 2018 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Game Results, correct pronouns
Old July 31st, 2018, 09:35 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

Re: Classic League X:Taste of Gen Con (Semifinals - Alliance

Congrats to our 4 playoff entrants. Anyone with an unfinished game is, of course, welcome to complete it. The 9-10 deathcombo will try to go a flawless 5-0 in the tournament. The mirror match we were all dreaming of was thwarted by rematch avoidance. Alas:

Semifinals are on Highways and Dieways (Dagmar, Wannok)
The player whose names is italicized won the diceoff and chooses who places first.

kevindola (3-1) v. Chris Perkins (3-1)
kevindola (Vlad's Host): Deathchasers x4, Me-Burq-Sa, Nerak, Cyprien Esenwein, Isamu
Chris Perkins (Wait for it...): Major Q9, 10th Regiment x4

All Your Pie (3-1) v. vegietarian18 (3-1)
All Your Pie: Mezzodemon Warmongers x4, deathreavers x2, Frost Giant
vegietarian18 (The Big #s): Major Q9, 10th Regiment x4
Old July 31st, 2018, 09:50 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

I got to my second consecutive Taste of Gencon finals tonight. The game was pretty tactical; his Mezzos were good against my Redcoats, who were good against his Frost Giant, who's good against my Q9, who's good against his Mezzos. Both of us mixed order markers, as AYP would send in Mezzos to try to kill Redcoats and make space for the Frost Giant, and I would need to step Q9 up to clear them out. But I had a bit of a range advantage and was able to apply pressure. Eventually the Frost Giant ran into the bayonet horde, took 4 wounds from Wait Then Fire, and was finished off by a backpedaling Q9. From there, Q9 took height and cleared out a few Mezzos, and AYP conceded. It was a good game; the end result wasn't super close but the midgame had a lot of interesting maneuvering that could have tilted the outcome either way.
Old August 7th, 2018, 08:57 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

Chris Perkins and I are wrapping up the semifinals now

edit: CP won. The regiment shredded all my DCs and their heroes. Cyprien then took down all the regiment but no surprise who won Q9 v Cyp. gg and good luck in the finals.

Last edited by kevindola; August 7th, 2018 at 09:54 PM.
Old August 8th, 2018, 08:52 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

Re: Classic League X:Taste of Gen Con (Finals - Cluster)

Finals are on Common Ground (Wannok, Valda)
The player who won the diceoff may choose first pick or defer. The player who lost the diceoff will choose who places first.

Recall the picking system is 1-2-1-1-1. Whomever chooses first gets 1 of the 6 pods. Then second pick gets 2 picks, then alternating from there.

Chris Perkins(4-1) v. vegietarian18 (4-1)
Chris Perkins won the diceoff and may select first or defer. vegietarian18 chooses who places first

Unleash the Pods of War
* : Deathchasers of Thesk x2, Nerak
* : Phantom Knights x2, Guilty McCreech
* : Warforged Soldiers x2, Isamu

Horned Ghost Soldiers
* : Horned Skull Brutes x2
* : Phantom Knights x2
* : Warforged Soldiers x2
Old August 9th, 2018, 08:29 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Starting the final in ~5 minutes.

Draft: (I deferred first pick)
Vegie - Deathchasers x2, Nerak
CP - Warforged x4, Isamu
Vegie - Horned Skull Brutes x2
CP - PKs x2, Guilty
Vegie - PKs x2

Final Armies:
CP: Warforged x4, PKs x2, Guilty, Isamu
Vegie: Death Chasers x2, Horned Skull Brutes x2, Nerak
Old August 9th, 2018, 09:51 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Pretty close championship game with Chris Perkins. Lots happened, as it normally does in a pod draft game, but it ended with CP's last Warforged on Wannok holding on against my last Brute. Congrats CP!
Old August 10th, 2018, 09:38 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

Re: Classic League X:Taste of Gen Con - CONGRATS CHRIS PERKI

Congratulations to Chris on his nice run and claiming his 2nd Classic League Title!

Since this completed the 10th season of the Classic League I thought I would post some numbers I've accumulated.

We had 3 people who have played in all 10 seasons: kevindola, @vegietarian18 , @Dysole

and another 9 who played in at least half the seasons (@belgarath, @Taeblewalker , @mtl1998 , @Soundwarp SG-1 , @Dr.Goomonkey , @MegaSilver , @Chris Perkins , @Kinseth , vegie's dad)

Seasons: 10
Unique Participants: 60
Games Played: 330

Top 12 Win Total
Spoiler Alert!

Top 12 Win Percentage (Minimum 2 seasons)
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by kevindola; August 10th, 2018 at 09:54 AM.
Old August 11th, 2018, 03:20 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'd be curious to see the records of the top 12.
Old August 13th, 2018, 09:13 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

Yep. I'll send something over to you. I'm hesitant to just post records up here, although technically anyone could dig through all the old tournaments and compile it themselves.

I'm not sure what the status of the next season will be. I hadn't really planned on this one, but I had about 8 people specifically ask me to set this up for a Gen Con preparatory, but then only a couple of those people actually signed up. [maybe they just wanted the army ideas ] Sadly, gathering numbers for these online events have been getting harder over the years, so we'll see.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events