Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old February 9th, 2015, 11:25 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!
Re: Louisville Monthly Tourney - 510 tourney! - Feb 7th

Thanks for the response, MegaSilver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
I need to play on Vallum more before I can get an idea on how to play it better
That's actually a big part of what I was hoping to hear. Dry Season's tiers are pretty straight forward; for Vallum I tried to create a lot more options for the best way towards the enemy, and strategic jostling once you met.

Another thing I'm very interested in is was there ever any dispute over who got which Start Zone?

117-87-0 (4/13/09-2/22/15)
32-16-0 (10/17/09-7/21/12)

Last edited by Killometer; February 9th, 2015 at 11:51 AM. Reason: added sz q
Old February 9th, 2015, 01:02 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Another thing I'm very interested in is was there ever any dispute over who got which Start Zone?
I didn't even know there was a difference in the start zones. We were already on one side of the map, so we just sat down where we were and started playing.
Old February 9th, 2015, 01:14 PM

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Perfect!

Old February 9th, 2015, 05:03 PM
What A Daseline

Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness Deroche wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My initial reaction is that there aren't any perches to fight over once you get to the highest level...and I think there should be. To me, there should be spots on a map worth fighting over.

(haven't played on it yet, so might be an unwarranted observation)

Old February 9th, 2015, 05:20 PM

I sacrificed perches to be able to place the ruins atop the ridge, bisecting the map, and still having room to maneuver around them. In my testing I found the spaces at the ends of the ruins (especially the big ruin on the top level) see a lot of activity as armies were able to advance up behind the safety of the ruin then try to push around it into enemy territory.

Of course playing against yourself can tend to lead to blind spots, which is why I always appreciate outside perspectives.

Old February 11th, 2015, 01:01 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun Typhon2222 is a penguin with a machine gun

Not sure whether the Louisville crew has already played with them or not, but two great tournament maps have been inducted into the WoS: display thread here.
Old February 14th, 2015, 10:28 PM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: Louisville Monthly Tourney - Draft Tourney! - March 7th

DRAFT TOURNEY!

Bring a 1,000-point draft pool, 900-points minimum. At the start of each game, there will be a dice-off between the players. The winner of the dice-off can decide to either draft 1 card/unit from the combined draft pool of both players, or defer the choice to their opponent. After one person has drafted 1 card/unit, players will alternate drafting 2 cards/units per person until they reach the point/figure limit listed below. Figures but be placed in the start zones as they are drafted. Players are allowed to drop figures as they draft, but cannot add or subtract figures once they are placed in the start zones. Airborne Elite/Retchets start off the board as normal and count towards your figure limit.

Final Draft points/figure limit: 450 points/20 figures.

# Rounds in this event depends on the number of players we have.

C3V/SoV Allowed! No Marvel.
55 minutes per Round
Partial Card Scoring -- Points Killed/Wounded Only

Pet Shop Comics
6234 N Preston Hwy
Louisville, KY 40229
12 -5ish PM Bring snacks!
$5 Registration Fee (goes toward prizes)

Maps
TBA

Attending:
MegaSilver
NecroBlade
Deroche
El Diabolo
Old February 15th, 2015, 12:31 PM

Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby!

I already know I can't make it. Club soccer is starting back up and I have a tournament in Richmond. Have fun though!

And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and you will receive eternal life."
But John came fifth, and won a toaster.
My Customs / C3V Minis Index / HoSS Minis Index / My HS Joke Thread / HOC
Old February 15th, 2015, 05:10 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death! lefton4ya is hot lava death!

Won't be able to go again, and probably for foreseeable future until job situation changes. Anyway, see Draft Tournament - Options and Tips for TDs for help on running as well as preparing as a player.
One additional idea from this thread that I would like to see at this tournament if possible:
Quote:
•Additional units to draft pool at each map - For each game at a given map, add terrain dependent units, such as units with lava resistance on lava maps, cold healing/snow strength on snow maps, etc; or melee units on melee friendly maps and flying figures on maps with perches, etc. Helps makes some less used units get used (Obsidian guards are A units on Ember Canyon Road). After each game, if a map dependent unit is drafted, return it to that map to be drafted by the next players.
If you need a list of suggestions for the additional units to draft pool at each map, see the map section of KC's 3rd Annual Birthday Bash in Warren, OH (that was canceled) or Terrain in Heroscape...Visually

Last edited by lefton4ya; February 23rd, 2015 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Won't be able to go again
Old February 28th, 2015, 10:57 PM

Caver12 is surprisingly tart

Hey there!

I'm posting so that you guys know to expect me at the draft tourney this upcoming Saturday. I will be bringing a friend as well - We are both bringing a 1,000 point draft pool. Looking forward to meeting you guys!

Beau
Old February 28th, 2015, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caver12 View Post
Hey there!

I'm posting so that you guys know to expect me at the draft tourney this upcoming Saturday. I will be bringing a friend as well - We are both bringing a 1,000 point draft pool. Looking forward to meeting you guys!

Beau
Looking forward to it!
Old March 2nd, 2015, 05:19 PM

Greetings Louisville crew. Just poking my head in to let you guys know I've given my single RotV map Vallum a bit of an update based off some of the feedback i received here and elsewhere. Should be just a bit more spicy now.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events