Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Notices

Old August 5th, 2018, 07:08 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth
Re: vegie's GenCon reports

Other event mini reports:

Bring 2

Main Event Reject Armies:
Wo-Sa-Ga, Nagrubs x2, Knights x1, Thorgrim, Mezzos x2
10th x1, Greater Ice Elemental, Raelin, Warforged x2, Theracus

Game 1 vs. dok (Fire Elementals x10, Kurrok AND Braxas, Rats x3, Hydra, Marcu, Eldgrim)
dok did not balance his armies and he got first pick. He took Fire Elementals, and my Braxas failed the three Acid Breaths she got on Kurrok. Loss

Game 2 vs. capsocrates (Microcrop x2, Warriors of Ashra x3, Syvarris, Arkmer AND Mohicans x2, Brave Arrow, Heirloom, Warforged x2)
Microcorp are not good against Warforged on Highways and Dieways. Win

Game 3 vs. Major Q23 (Knights x1, Alastair, Mezzos x1, Stingers x2, Tandros? AND some other army)
I had my Warforged army, and this game was a grind. We each had only lost one full squad when the game was over, but he had also lost Alastair, so I won on points. Win

Game 4 vs. Chris Perkins (Heavy Gruts x3, Grimnak, Nerak, Ornak AND Knights x3, Gilbert, Denrick, Finn)
I sent in Grimnak early and was able to use Chomp and disengage to prevent Denrick from ever swinging on him. Grimnak ate a lot of Knights. Win

3-1

Reverse Draft

Raelinless Elves
Ulginesh, Emiroon, Jorhdawn, Chardris, Arkmer, Kyntela

Game 1 vs. Chris Perkins (Mezzos x5, Cyprien)
We played the matchup straight up, and Cyprien died early. Win

Game 2 vs. Major Q23 (Dwarves x2, Darrak, Tandros, Tarn Vikings, Phantoms x1, Arkmer)
Emiroon was able to keep my pod safe from the various discrete advancing melee, especially the draft-weakened Dwarves. Win

Game 3 vs. Capsocrates (Eltahale, Kaemon, Rats x2, Brutes x2)
I played against the Elves, who killed my Kaemon in one hit. Then the rats got 3 wounds on Ulginesh with bites, and he died to Thunder Ram. Then Eltahale killed a lot of Elves, until she didn't kill Jorhdawn, and the last Brute finished her off. Win

Game 4 vs. ISB3 (Harqs x2, Yari x2, Kato, Retiarius)
I drafted my army down Arkmer and Kyntela, which was a very bad choice. The Elves had no offense to take down Harqs. Loss

3-1

General Wars

9-10 punch
Major Q9, 10th Reg x4

Game 1 vs. OrcElfArmyOne (Dwarves x3, Raelin, Nilfheim)
Bad matchup, but close game. Nilfheim with two lives left pulled out the win. Loss

Game 2 vs. ??? (Spiders x2, Wyvern x2, Nilfheim)
Win

Game 3 vs. infectedsloth (Dwarves x3, Darrak, Raelin, Airborne)
Dwarves had very bad defense rolls, and Airborne dropped late. Once they did, the game got closer, but eventually they died and it wasn't close again. Win

Game 4 vs. nicktheant's dad (Kaemon, Charos, Q10)
The heroes had some big defense that was hard for my army to deal with, but I just kept firing and eventually the remains of my army pulled it out. Win

Game 5 vs. Dragon Ruler (Mezzos x4, Stingers x3, Marcu)
Stingers failed to kill Q9. Win

4-1
Old August 5th, 2018, 11:06 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

We ran the General Wars format a few weeks ago here in Baltimore. I ran Deathchasers x4 with the Warhulk, MBS, and Nerak. It was utterly dominant.

Brad, as usual, brought a “stunt” army. This time, Taelord+Death Knights + Hydra. I won the tournament; his only loss was to me. I told him I thought the format was vulnerable to a Deathchasers build. He said that if he’d actually wanted to bring the best army, he would have brought Q9 and redcoats.

He’ll be pleased to hear you thought so too. I’m sorry we missed this year.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 6th, 2018, 04:04 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
Game 1 vs. dok (Fire Elementals x10, Kurrok AND Braxas, Rats x3, Hydra, Marcu, Eldgrim)
dok did not balance his armies and he got first pick. He took Fire Elementals, and my Braxas failed the three Acid Breaths she got on Kurrok. Loss
I thought the conclusion we reached was that if you approach the matchup the way you did (kamikaze Braxas), it's very close to a coinflip (~49% chance to gas Kurrok in three tries, and that tends to be decisive in the matchup).

I chose my armies based on the idea that worst-case (i.e. I have to play Braxas against FEs, or I'm playing FEs against someone playing kamikaze Braxas) it's a balanced, if not terribly skill-heavy matchup. However, you were the only one that even pushed me to that point; in my other games my opponents either didn't play the Braxas army that way, or they picked a different army that gave me a more favorable matchup.
Old August 6th, 2018, 04:32 PM

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

I would say odds are slightly more favorable to FE army than that math; it's not guaranteed that Braxas gets three chances to roll. I had the move glyph which made that easier.

Last edited by vegietarian18; August 4th, 2019 at 08:48 AM.
Old August 4th, 2019, 10:37 AM

Time for my 2019 Main Event report.

410 is a really low point total and I wasn't very comfortable coming up with something. I didn't have any creative ideas for a splash build so I somehow ended up pretty quickly settling on:

Deathchasers x3
Me-Burq-Sa
Nerak
Major X17
Theracus

as the build I wanted to run. It performed wildly inconsistently in my test games, sometimes rolling armies and sometimes only killing a few figures. At the end of the day though I liked the Theracus X17 combo and the versatility and in-game creativity it offered, and I liked the idea of running Deathchasers in the Main for the first time. I've had a lot of success with Deathchasers in the past and just never broken them out for the Main before and this build felt appropriate. 9 Deathchasers is a very sketchy amount, and even the bonders can go down early with this sort of build.

Day 1

Game 1 vs. Dragon Ruler (Greeks x2, Marcus, Red Wyrmling x4, Raelin) on The Borogroves

This was the third straight year I had played Dragon Ruler in the Main Event Day 1. I opened with X17 and Theracus locking down the Unique Attack glyph. Dragon Ruler responded with a shadow Raelin placement towards the middle of the board. I tried to pressure Raelin with an Orc and the height Ulvania MBS but only got a couple wounds on her. Dragon Ruler smartly flooded the center of the board with Greeks and I started taking bad trades. Really struggled to keep even with Raelin-backed Greeks with Deathchasers and I should have figured out something else. Eventually though, all but one Greek and one Orc were gone. Me-Burq-Sa tried to make a run for the startzone to snipe but died to Marcus. I switched over to X17 and ran him at the startzone. He killed two Red Wyrmlings, and a Deathchaser sneaked a kill on another. X17 was at two life, but sneaked the healer glyph and took down the final wyrmling, and then time was called and I lost. I was frustrated because I don't think the remaining 1 Greek 2 life Raelin and full life Marcus could easily beat the full health X17 but time rules are random sometimes.

0-1

Game 2 vs. Dad_Scaper (Mohicans x4, Drake, Isamu) on Infected Glade

The last time I played Dad_Scaper in the Main he was playing Raelinless Deathchasers that he had brought. In that game I had 10th Reg that just sat in my startzone and blasted orcs, and this game was quite similar in that regard as well. Infected Glade is a brutal board for pathing and I just piled Mohicans on to the 3-hex tile right outside my startzone and picked at Deathchasers exactly 6 range away that had no route to them with the low glyph in the way. Towards the end he finally mustered enough of a Deathchaser offensive to kill 8 Mohicans but it was so hard to come back from the early deficit of orcs. Once the Deathchasers and bonders were gone, my Mohicans headed up the hill to hold Wannok and shoot X17, but X17 had a pretty good performance and cleared them out with only two wounds. But Drake came in to finish him off.

1-1

Game 3 vs. kid_scaper (Izumi, Nakitas, Skahen, Mika Connor) on Trouble Once Lurked Beneath

The 1-2 father son combo. After the mostly useless early game of Theracus X17 in game 1 I decided to forego the combo and just rush Deathchasers at him to hopefully destroy whatever pod he had planned before he could get it set up. That's basically exactly how the game went. He had some unfortunate order markers on Mika that were a response to my potential glyph grab with Theracus X17, and I was able to get on top of the hill on the same side of the board that his start zone was on. I was raining skulls too. I killed all 3 Izumi with no Counter Strike, landed a paralyze on Skahen for two wounds, and kept Mika engaged so she couldn't use Shadow Ambush or whatever it is. Nakitas didn't land an Engagement Strike or a Smoke Powder. I won very quickly without much casualties at all. It was a tough matchup and the dice were brutal.

2-1

Game 4 vs. nicktheant's dad (Rats x2, Charos, Kaemon Awa) on Platypus

Ant dad is a very interesting opponent to go against since he's played Heroscape at Gencon for three years now and knows a lot about how tournament Heroscape is played but I think that's all the Heroscape experience he has. He makes some very unorthodox moves but always seems to be doing okay in tournaments still. Until this year he only played heroes: this year he learned the Rats to add to them. He wasn't especially familiar with the Deathchasers but ran them at me. I ran out Rats. I tied up an aggressive MBS with Charos early and finished him off with a Counter Strike later. It was entirely a Kaemon show for me though. I played Kaemon cautiously but always launched at least one Quick Release a turn. He couldn't get through the Rats fast enough to even throw attacks at Kaemon.

3-1

Game 5 vs. Dysole (Raelin, Dividers x2, Nakitas, Roman Archers x2) on Trouble Once Lurked Beneath

I tried the same strategy of no Theracus X17 to pressure the pod that I had done on this same board in Game 3 against Kid_Scaper but Dysole had smartly gone to the opposite side hill of me and I didn't have much to shoot at with MBS after blasting a few Roman Archers. I killed some Dividers and 1 Nakita with Chasers, but then Dysole retreated to the hill opposite me with the remaining forces of the army. She picked off MBS with 6 range and then outranged me for the rest of the game. Still, I was content to wait on the hill with the remaining Chasers and Nerak and X17 and Theracus, since I had Wannok. But then I rolled 1 for Wannok twice. I was still taking occasional ping from Nakitas and both ones had slain Deathchasers, and I had no choice but to run back in to Dysole's hill with my remaining forces and narrowly lose. I made some mistakes with X17 allowing him to get Volleyed by the remaining 3 Roman Archers but it was another frustrating close loss with my army. I do think I fairly easily win if I don't get double 1 for wannok and really am curious to read Dysole's report to see what her plan was going to the hill that didn't have Wannok and sitting on it.

3-2

Game 6 vs. Evantage (Heavies x3, Grimnak, Nerak, Marcu, Isamu) on Platypus

Evan is a good player who had just overshot the meta this time. I don't think this is that unwinnable of a matchup for the Deathchasers though, as they can put the hurt on Grimnak fast. He played the Deathchasers straight up no Theracus X17 early game. He was on top of me fast, right outside my start zone, and Chomps were hard to come by without risking giving Deathchasers height on Grimnak and I really needed Grimnak alive. The thin corridors of Platypus really plays to the Deathchasers advantage as they throw fewer attacks per turn and are less affected by the huge pileups that can happen there. I was taking slightly suboptimal trades just to preserve the longevity of Grimnak, but eventually I had to send him in. He did pretty well and his defense held up, and suddenly all the Deathchasers were gone. X17 finished off Grimnak but the remaining Heavies were able to swing through the X17 7 defense to win the game and secure a Day 2 spot. Evan secured a Day 2 spot as well, making it as one of the 3-3s.

4-2

Thoughts after Day 1: It wasn't the prettiest way to get to Day 2, but I got there. I was not expecting my army to be bad enough to go 1-5. I think it's deceptively a lot weaker than it looks, similar to my Arrow Grut army in 2014 really. It's low quantities of Deathchasers and their heroes don't have Raelin. The X17 Theracus combo hasn't been successful at all. I deployed it game 1 against Dragon Ruler to lock down the unique attack glyph for a slight tempo loss. Aside from that, it's just been bad cleanup. The game that I won with the army I didn't use X17 at all. I think there's low potential to catch people off guard with it.

In terms of matchups I like most armies against mine. 9 Raelinless Deathchasers really struggle against the melee bonding that dominates the Day 2 pool. Deathchasers already aren't that good against other bonders with only three activations a turn and they get worse when they don't have a numbers advantage. The splash and toolbox armies feel winnable to me too, although those are always about how the individual game goes. I am not thinking about the play your own army games yet but I think that's where I'll be in trouble if I get there.

Day 2:

Semiquarterfinals vs. Evantage (Heavies x3, Grimnak, Nerak, Marcu, Isamu) on Dance of the Dryads

After our match Day 1, Evan and I had talked about Theracus X17 since I really didn't think it was all that likely that he'd both make Day 2 and be my opponent. But here we were. I liked my odds a whole lot better on this board than the Platypus we had played on last time. He dispatched X17 and Theracus deep into my territory on lava at the end of the first round and ended up taking all 5 lava wounds that he had, on MBS Nerak Theracus X17 and a Deathchaser. The Deathchaser was especially brutal as he'd already lost one or two and they fell fast from there. Nerak never moved this game, just shielded Grimnak from the startzone, but that was enough. X17 and Theracus were holding the height spaces on Grimnak so I was protected from Deathchaser attacks that way. He focused Heavies and killed almost all of them, but I chomped X17 and smashed in his heroes and that was it.

on to Quarterfinals

Quarterfinals vs. Major Q23 (Axegrinders x2, Tandros, Heirloom, Tarn Viking Warriors) on Platypus

This was my board and my glyph combo. I got X17 Theracus on to Valda on turn 1. Deathchasers were then all over the place, including the initiative glyph. Q23 dispatched Tandros and Heirloom with his first round. The force orb on Theracus X17 failed but Tandros got into a good spot that protected the Dwarves well. I tried to slam him with Deathchaser dice before the Dwarves got there but it didn't happen. I snuck a Deathchaser around X17 Theracus to get Heirloom for two wounds. Me-Burq-Sa landed some nice stares and attacks early against Dwarves that gave me a lead in our trades. A Deathchaser killed one early too. Tandros or an Axegrinder got two wounds on Nerak and he had to flee. The trades in the middle of the game around Tandros in a clogged section of the board were not in my favor, but I didn't have that many Dwarves to kill so I was fine with making them. Eventually the Dwarves ran out, and MBS had been firing at sleeping startzone Tarn to limit their activations. Heirloom went down to Deathchasers, Tandros went down to Deathchasers, and I was able to pull out the win.

On to semifinals

Semifinals vs. Sir Dendrick (Venocs x4, Venoc Warlord, Krug) on Invasion

He opened with X17 Theracus to Wannok, which I just dropped on to Krug. I opened with straight Vipers and planned to use them until they were gone. I didn't bother slow rolling and just threw them all into the Deathchaser grinder. He placed Nerak a bit aggressively but I got lucky to kill him with two 3v3s. After that the Deathchasers really struggled to block. I kept rolling 2/3 and it's tough to find two shields on two defense dice. I only had two frenzies in the game but they were both on the same turn and that cleared out all the Deathchasers to knock off his OM3. The Vipers pounded in MBS and then Theracus and X17 to win. We finished in about thirty minutes while the other semifinal went on for over two hours.

on to Finals

Finals vs. Infectedsloth (Raelin, Heavies x2, Nerak, Mezzos x1, HSB x1) on Dance of the Dryads

The glyphs were unique attack and Valda, the two best for my army. I planned for Theracus X17 to unique attack, to pressure his pod with attacks of five from MBS. That turned out not to be the move when his entire first round of OMs was on the Mezzos. His mezzos were on the Valda side hill after his first turn, so I dropped X17 on to the lava space between the two pine trees towards the edge of the board to deny Mezzo attacks on to the Deathchasers. Theracus died to 1 Mezzo 4v3, and X17 took 3 wounds from 2 Mezzo attacks. The Mezzos retreated to end the round, fearing the Cyberclaw. Simultaneous to all this happening, I was advancing Orcs. I was kind of tripping over myself, worried about stepping up two far towards the Valda hill to give Mezzos 5v3s on Deathchasers. I deployed Nerak out, but he was sitting on lava with one base. I got two wounds on Raelin from MBS to end the round and took Ulvania with my Chasers, then won initiative to pop Raelin there. He had all Heavies. Nerak came in to lava height to kill a Chaser, and I responded by killing Nerak, but he had bought himself enough time to fully send in the Heavies. The last 5 Heavies ended the round with 3 Deathchaser kills and I only had 3 Deathchasers left now. I won initiative, and thought I was back in it, but my 3 Deathchaser height attacks and MBS attack all only killed 1 Heavy and he still had full activations. He cleared out three Deathchasers again and I lost my second turn. I tried to make a game of it with Me-Burq-Sa on my three, blasting off a Heavy he was engaged with then running away. X17 came back in, with four wounds thanks to lava, and smashed a Heavy too. Me-Burq-Sa cleared out both Exos and a Mezzo, but died to the final Mezzo attack. He still had the Brutes and a couple Heavies left which would have been hard to beat.

Infectedsloth played the finals really well. He had no figures in his startzone next to the road to deny early Deathchaser rushes. The first round of Mezzos was such a brutal counter to Deathchasers as I just could not safely go into them. Infectedsloth and I both had the same first tournament, Peoria National Heroscape Day 2011, so it was cool to be his opponent for his Main Event win. He hasn't lost a game at Gencon 2019 yet, but we'll see if that holds. (Infectedsloth and I have second championship to play, a Heat of the Battle Uniques final that was delayed and delayed again because of the Main Event delayed finals; it will be played online at some point soon)

Final Thoughts:

My army was definitely weaker than it's theoryscaped out to be. It went 2-8 through the ten games, the absolute minimum number of games an army can win to reach the finals. Although I would say all three of my losses with it were close. 9 Deathchasers is such a fragile number and there's really nothing else in the army that's good. Isloth probably knows more about the strength of his army, but I know I was rooting for Matthias during the 2 hour semifinals since I felt my matchup with his Spiders was substantially easier with X17's Cyberclaw available on Wyverns and the low attack on Spiders making it easy for Deathchasers to shrug off their attacks.

The matchup roulette was mostly way in my favor Day 2 so I can't be too upset. I landed the Grimnak Heavies build that everyone wanted in the first round, and the strongest army left in the semis. My top 8 game with Major Q23 was about as close to a 50/50 matchup as you can get in RtW but the board glyph combo tilted things in my favor and Q23 didn't have any big comeback mechanisms to tilt things back his way. So it may not be the most impressive run to the Finals on paper, but I'm happy to get there after three straight years of disappointing early exits from the Main Event. Hope to make it back there next year!

Last edited by vegietarian18; August 4th, 2019 at 02:41 PM.
Old August 4th, 2019, 02:30 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Thanks for posting this. I always appreciate seeing the battle reports from GC and yours is one I always look forward to reading. And glad to see a couple of old Peoria NHSD regulars in the finals!

If you had to it over again do you think you would have preferred something other than Theracus/X17? Hard to argue with your end result though....
Old August 4th, 2019, 02:49 PM

I don't get to do it again which is the nice part. I don't even know what a different 140 I could add to the 265 of DCsx3/Nerak/MBS could even be. Even something like Werewolf Lord makes the build a lot stronger probably?

To be honest I'm now more confused as to the power level of X17/Theracus than I was at the start of the tournament. Even the round 1 glyph grab move that I came in thinking was a sure use is sometimes bad as it eats an early order marker off the Deathchasers. But had I double deployed Theracus X17 vs. infectedsloth to lock a Mezzo or even lock a couple Heavies the championship game could have been a lot better for me. I honestly have no clue how good this combo is and I felt kind of weird explaining my army to people frequently since I didn't know what they were doing in there either and if they were good but tricky or intentionally bad.

My answer is that if the next Main Event were tomorrow I wouldn't have an X17/Theracus in whatever I brought, but I wouldn't have Deathchasers either because of that.
Old July 26th, 2021, 10:44 AM

Finally got around to updating the OP with direct quotes for all the reports for 2017 onwards.

I always have fun rereading this thread before every Gencon (or Online Con or Scape Con). This will be my 10th Gencon or pandemic-induced-Gencon-alternative, which is pretty amazing. I think I'm the only person with a full public archive of their last 10 years of Championship games. The only thing I regret is not writing more, to be honest, since I always have more to say on these games but try to keep the reports short.

I'm also pretty proud of the variety of armies I've played over the years:

2012: Romans x4, Marcus, MBS, Raelin, Marcu (3-2, missed Day 2)
2013: Redcoats x3, Raelin, Nakitas (4-1, lost in Day 2 1st Round)
2014: Arrow Gruts x3, Swog Rider x3, Raelin, Mimring (4-1, lost in Day 2 Semifinals)
2015: Redcoats x2, Raelin, Taelord, Marro Warriors (4-1, lost in Day 2 2nd Round)
2016: Ulginesh, Raelin, Arkmer, Jorhdawn, Chardris, Kyntela, Morsbane, Otonashi (4-1, lost in Day 2 1st Round)
2017: Phantoms x2, Greenscales x2, Othkurik, MBS (3-2, lost to the 50/50 Day 2 cut)
2018: Tagawa Samurai Archers x2, Knights of Weston x1, Alastair, Raelin, Syvarris (4-1, lost in Day 2 1st Round)
2019: Deathchasers x3, Nerak, MBS, Theracus, Major X17 (4-2, lost in Day 2 Finals)
2020: Deathchasers x2, Arrow Gruts x2, Swog Rider x4, Nerak, Raelin (3-2, lost in Day 2 Semifinals)

Basically all of them are built around a different figure and concept. I've played Raelin seven times, but who among us has not. I've played MBS (the GOAT) three times, but all three are pretty different builds. I double tapped Redcoats in 2013 and 2015, but Taelord and Nakitas lead to pretty different styles for the Reds. And then my Online Con 2020 build actually had no figures I hadn't played at Gencon Main before, but it was a unique combination of the two builds I had the best finishes with in prior championships.

Last edited by vegietarian18; July 26th, 2021 at 11:37 AM.
Old August 16th, 2023, 09:03 AM

Scapecon 2023 Reports

I’m only writing reports for the three daily championships and the World Championship. I played 39 games this weekend, my most ever, and finished with second most wins on the weekend only behind superchampion Chris Perkins. While it was very fun and the championships weren’t necessarily my best played events I don’t think I have it in me to write about all the games.

Delta Rule of 12: Glads x2, Blasts x2, Major Q10, Isamu

Spoiler Alert!

Reverse the Whip: Heavies x2, Ornak, Nerak, MBS, Warden, Marcu

Spoiler Alert!

VCheese: Havechs x3, Q9

Spoiler Alert!

World Championship (Draft)

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by vegietarian18; August 16th, 2023 at 10:01 AM.
Old August 16th, 2023, 03:39 PM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: vegie's Gencon/Scapecon reports

Very good writeups! Thanks for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
Then, it was Isamu magic. Dragon Ruler says 12 vanishes, but I think only nine. Who’s to say. But my favorite ninja killed a 2-life Raelin, 2 Tarn, and a full health Marcu to send me to the top cut.
But of course.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports