Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old October 14th, 2010, 03:12 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: Minecraft

I just planted a HUGE forest, going to let it go crazy, then build a big tree fort... yay!

-insert signature here-
Old October 15th, 2010, 05:52 PM

Sokol knows what's in an order marker Sokol knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardris1287 View Post
by security wall do you mean fences? Monsters and animals cannot jump fences to reach your farms. As for the monsters dropping in from a cliff. You could build a greenhouse and fill the greenhouse with torches so the crops even grow at night.
I normally make my walls out of rock because they survive creeper blasts better.

I finished my tower today and thought it would be cool to make a lavafall from on top of the tower so I could see it better at night. However, I forgot to dig a channel for the lava first. I burned down my entire tree farm. I could only put it out by dumping water on a square above the lava flow, creating a waterfall and turning the lava into cobblestone. Now the mountain my tower is on has a cobblestone shell. Lava is dangerous.

Time to replant my tree farm...

One Game to rule them all, One Game to find them,
One Game to bring them all and in their wallets bind them
In the Land of Valhalla where the Valkyrie lie.
Old October 15th, 2010, 06:19 PM

Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker

In order to find my home base easier, I lit up the whole side of a mountain with torches. Must have used over 30+ torches.
Old October 15th, 2010, 07:03 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I just decided to give this game a try. Where did the past 8hrs go?
Old October 15th, 2010, 11:22 PM
Shade Tree

Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Wow. I tried the free version yesterday, and every free hour I've had has been spent on this game. I love the sandbox aspect of the entire thing; I've currently created many different buildings, my favorite of which being a 10x10 square temple that I dug all the way from the top of one of the game's natural "mountains" all the way down to the lava, and put glass squares in the center of each level's floor (I think there's ten levels...). Though I will admit that one was the hardest, I kept running into caverns and having to fill them in. The end result was well worth it though.

As soon as I gather some money together, I'm definitely going to get the paid version, though I do kind of prefer the "no objectives" style that is within the free version.

I do remember the one time I filled a giant crater in the middle of my world due to one accidental block removal... Made several islands, one of which I made a tower upon :P

All in all, amazing, addicting game. I've never ever really been this addicted to a game before, and enjoyed it this much.

Sup3rS0n1c = Alexander the Great (August Cave) = Siege (Floating Archipelago)
Old October 17th, 2010, 07:24 PM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Halloween update coming!

The monsters freak me out enough as it is, but look at the updates coming... I'm not going to be able to handle this game at night.

http://www.minecraft.net/boo/

-insert signature here-
Old October 19th, 2010, 09:55 PM

Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker

I just got this game tonight...wow. I am going to be spending many an hour on my world. I made my humble adobe in a canyon, walling it off and creating a glass celing. I did learn a painful lesson at the cost of a lot of stuff: never place your torches on a sand wall in the mines. This game is extremely fun.

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand, lead him to a quiet place and kill him."
— Mark Twain
Old October 19th, 2010, 11:03 PM

Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker

hey guys, come play on this online server. 75.72.214.250:2556 I Built a quaint little home with my name spelled in giant letters in the sky. KIllawind. Also, a spider dungeon is below my home...but since everything is invincible...i guess that doesn't matter.
Old October 20th, 2010, 08:16 AM

I've been playing in a multi-player game lately as well, and wow does it need some polish. Way more buggy than the solo version at the moment, and yeah, seems you can only play on peaceful (which makes everything unkillable).

-insert signature here-
Old October 20th, 2010, 04:41 PM

News from Notch's blog on the impending Halloween update.

Quote:
Calm before the storm?

Perhaps this is the calm before the storm, but I’ve got a nagging feeling I’ve just been neglecting the blog.

I am still alive, and I’m working hard. Not as hard as I should, mainly due to a cold and me having the apartment for myself this week (yay, coding in my underwear!).

We’ve signed the papers for the company, and we’ve found an office. We haven’t signed the office yet, but it’s perfect for us and as long as the owner wants us, we’ll take it. Mojang is now six people strong, three programmers, one pixel artist, one CEO and one Business Developer. It’s likely we’ll grow even more in the near future, but this will get us started nicely.

I was going to send a sneak preview of the Halloween update to a certain website last week for an exclusive preview, but I missed that date pretty bad. I will try to get that update out as soon as possible. The update is going well. There are six new block types (five of them have unique abilities), one new monster, a new dimension, and a couple of bug fixes. Once I get the portals working, I’ll have something very interesting going and I’ll spend the rest of the time leading up to the release adding new smaller features and polishing stuff.

And fixing bugs.

-insert signature here-
Old October 22nd, 2010, 10:28 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Do I need to get the paid version to make tools & stuff? I fooled around in the free version (classic, right?) but my inventory was full of all kinds of stuff I hadn't gathered & I couldn't figure out how to make anything.

Do I need to get the paid version to do that? Probably best if I do, because I won't...

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 22nd, 2010, 10:33 PM

Yep, the paid version is when you play in Survival Mode and you have to gather all your materials, build shelter, make tools, and fight the baddies.

I think the cost is $15 right now (it will go up when it reaches Beta), and that also includes all future updates.

-insert signature here-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games