Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Music
Music Not Heroscape-related.

View Poll Results: What's your favorite music genre?
Blues 0 0%
Classical/Soundtrack 5 15.15%
Country 0 0%
Electronic/Techno 0 0%
Jazz 0 0%
Pop 0 0%
R&B/Soul 0 0%
Rap/Hip-Hop 5 15.15%
Religious/Devotional 3 9.09%
Rock/Alternative/Metal 20 60.61%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 10th, 2008, 10:02 AM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness
What is your favorite music genre?

You're stuck on a desert island with nothing but the land to survive off of, yet you miraculously stumble upon a boombox/ipod with all the music from any one genre of which you could possibly think. Which genre do you hope to find?

EDIT: Sorry, there are a few I couldn't fit into the poll - even using "Other" took up room I needed. So, if what you're looking for isn't on the list, I'd suggest choosing the closest option (Grunge: Rock/Alternative/Metal; Modern Club: Rap/Hip-Hop; Rave Club: Electronic/Techno; etc.) or simply not answering the poll but telling us in a post. Thanks, everyone.

Last edited by Soul Shackle; June 10th, 2008 at 10:12 AM.
Old June 10th, 2008, 10:03 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth
Re: What is your favorite music genre?

Industrial Grunge.

It would help remind me of the hopelessness of my situation since I hate eating plants and small rodents.

Last edited by Grishnakh; June 10th, 2008 at 10:16 AM.
Old June 10th, 2008, 10:55 AM

DarkBladeCB is surprisingly tart

Indie Pop Rock. Heck yes.

"Comics are a wellspring of imagination; comics can tell stories cheaply that other mediums cannot express. Today it costs $100 million to do special effects on film in 'Fantastic Four' that Jack Kirby could create 40 years ago with a pencil."
-Grant Morrison, at the New Yorker Festival
Old June 10th, 2008, 12:10 PM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!

Numetal. I know how hated this genre was (by metal purists) but I grew up with it.

Deftones, Korn, Slipknot, Factory 81, RATM, Bizkit's and Hed (PE)'s 1st albums (to hell with this 2 bands' sophomore to present albums)...and etc.

-----------------------------------
My 2nd and 3rd choices are Industrial and Hip-Hop.

------------------------------
-Edit
Oh wait...there's a poll. Didn't see that when I posted. I voted for Rock.

Last edited by Ugly-Caco; June 10th, 2008 at 12:19 PM.
Old June 10th, 2008, 12:26 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!

I like a lot of different types of music, but if I could only listen to one of the types you listed forever, it would definitely be classical. So much variety contained in there, and no lyrics to get sick of. Of course, it might get a little lonely not hearing anyone's voice...
Old June 10th, 2008, 12:40 PM

outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby!

I grew up on hardcore/punk(Agnostic Front/ Bad Brains), oldschool metal(Priest/Maiden). Nowdays it's about the same, except I listen to more traditional Irish and alot of Oi!

SCAPE OR DIE!
Great transactions with: Cavalier,Jim,rudyvalentine,Hilo Scaper,land.scape,Lord Pyre,Cosmo,Hogg,TheSilverSurfer,lefton4ya,Superfrog wargamingaddict87...
Old June 10th, 2008, 12:51 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Classical and soundtrack are very different, usually. Just so you know.

But those two are my favorites, so I voted that. You made it simple.
Old June 10th, 2008, 12:57 PM
Bill Nigh the Psions Guy

Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Metal, metal, and METAL! In your choice of meltdown, mayhem or madness. (I'd prefer all of the above!)

Looking for quality maps for 3+ players? Think your latest map-masterpiece deserves a place of honor? Join in the discussion of The War-zones of Valhalla

It doesn't get any more classic than this: The C3V project
Old June 10th, 2008, 12:59 PM

SpiderCoach knows what's in an order marker SpiderCoach knows what's in an order marker

Reggae

"If winning doesn't matter, why keep score?"

Special Thanks to: stay_golden_PONYBOY, Browncoat, Onacara, King's Knight, Grishnakh, and Kenjib

Good Traders: capnfrank, heroscaper314, R˙chean
Old June 10th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Master Marvel-CoN Host

SgtDrill knows what's in an order marker SgtDrill knows what's in an order marker SgtDrill knows what's in an order marker

Yep, mine is reggae as well, but among those listed, it was Rock.

SgtDrill is Captain America ...
in the Battle Against WotC...
Old June 10th, 2008, 04:10 PM

Mindfreak is surprisingly tart

Preferablly Metal or some form of rock. Just for the love of God....
NO CHRISTIAN ROCK!
2nd choice would be pop; preferablly from the 80's and 90's.
Old June 10th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Uhh... soft rock, I guess. I dislike music where guitars and drums and all that are the focus. Lyric-less songs annoy me. I like big orchestras and such - THOSE are nice to listen to - but in general, purely instrumental songs are extremely boring.

Except for piano... piano and orchestra, those are the only instrumental things I really like.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Music