Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old October 14th, 2016, 11:18 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranx View Post
"This Marro Vector's Attack, Defense, and Movement are never reduced by any special power on any Army Card."
As a VC Editor this concerns me. Soul Weapons, for example, specifically says the figure subtracts 2 from their "defense dice." Some powers affect "dice" while others seem to affect the stat. This hasn't matter before, but a power like this directly brings the distinction into question.
Old October 14th, 2016, 11:33 AM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
"This Marro Vector's Attack, Defense, and Movement are never reduced by any special power on any Army Card."
As a VC Editor this concerns me. Soul Weapons, for example, specifically says the figure subtracts 2 from their "defense dice." Some powers affect "dice" while others seem to affect the stat. This hasn't matter before, but a power like this directly brings the distinction into question.
So does that resolve by simply adding the word dice after "movement?"
Old October 14th, 2016, 12:44 PM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Well, not after movement, since movement does not use dice. But "attack dice, defense dice, and Move value" may solve it.
Old October 14th, 2016, 01:12 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Well, not after movement, since movement does not use dice. But "attack dice, defense dice, and Move value" may solve it.
Good point. So, let's revise.

Disease Immunity

"This Marro Vector's Attack Dice, Defense Dice, and Movement Value are never reduced by any special power on any Army Card."

I just realized this also makes the Marro Vector immune to Raelin's aura, Viking Spirits, and Zombie Hulk's negative aura abilities. That is interesting.
Old October 14th, 2016, 01:36 PM

Quote:
I just realized this also makes the Marro Vector immune to Raelin's aura, Viking Spirits, and Zombie Hulk's negative aura abilities. That is interesting.
It's still affected by boosts, such as Raelin's aura, since the power prevents "reduced."
Old October 14th, 2016, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Quote:
It's still affected by boosts, such as Raelin's aura, since the power prevents "reduced."
Haha, that would be embarrassing if I were an English teacher...

I wonder if it wouldn't be more balanced if I changed it from "reduced" to "affected."
Old October 14th, 2016, 01:56 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I wonder if it wouldn't be more balanced if I changed it from "reduced" to "affected."
Of course now you are departing from theme. Why would being a vector stop auras (like demons fear aura)? I would call out the gnids power specifically like the grok and dividers do and call it a day.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old October 14th, 2016, 02:14 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

With the current version, what about figures with powers like "xxx can't get high ground bonus" for example ? i.e. not a direct reduction of attack/defense, but an interdiction to benefit from an enhancement. For some people, I'm sure it could be considered as a "reducing".

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old October 14th, 2016, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
With the current version, what about figures with powers like "xxx can't get high ground bonus" for example ? i.e. not a direct reduction of attack/defense, but an interdiction to benefit from an enhancement. For some people, I'm sure it could be considered as a "reducing".
In that case it would not be a result from an Army Card, but a game/terrain mechanic. That situation would still affect the card.
Old October 14th, 2016, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Of course now you are departing from theme. Why would being a vector stop auras (like demons fear aura)? I would call out the gnids power specifically like the grok and dividers do and call it a day.
I agree. Here is a shot at a Grok Riders version,

Disease Immunity

"The Marro Gnidds never affect this Marro Vector with their Cling ability."

or for more flexibility

"Parasites never affect this Marro Vector with their Cling ability."
Old October 14th, 2016, 02:33 PM

Quote:
"Parasites never affect this Marro Vector with their Cling ability."
If more Parasites were made with different cling affects, their powers would not be called Cling.

I would simply go with "This Marro Vector is not affected by Cling." That takes out the potential questions of enemy Gnids attacking a Vector.
Old October 15th, 2016, 02:04 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
If more Parasites were made with different cling affects, their powers would not be called Cling.

I would simply go with "This Marro Vector is not affected by Cling." That takes out the potential questions of enemy Gnids attacking a Vector.
This is a clean solution.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards