Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old May 15th, 2012, 01:15 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth
Re: Could Netrunner be a good omen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobWeaver View Post
I think that if HS were to return, it would be marketed in the niche gaming market: gaming stores and online. Would it be unreasonable to expect $100 -$120 for a new master set, with boosters in the $25-$40 range?
Yeah, thats too much. You used to get a whole wave for $40 at Wal-Mart. They would have to put 2x squads in boosters or something to make that work. I typically buy five of each common and three of each unique. If I couldn't afford that I likely wouldn't buy any.
Old May 15th, 2012, 09:07 PM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!

I think a 50% mark-up would be the more likely scenario...$19.95 for a 5-8 figure booster would be fair. But I'm sure we've been over this before...

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN
Old May 15th, 2012, 09:33 PM

RobWeaver has disabled reputation

What's the Dust Tactics basic set market for? Those minis are unpainted, and the map is just printed. I think the similarities and differences are worth considering to estimate a price. Plus, the original big box marketing strategy was to market cheaply, like a toy. Which HS wasn't. You can't get gamers interested in a toy. They want collectible and bragging rights, i.e. "I paid $350 for this army." Even if HS were reborn, I don't see it as a cheap effort.

Not one step backwards!
Old May 16th, 2012, 12:54 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

That's a good ball park. It looks like the MSRP for Dust Tactics is $80. Add minis painting and terrain, and I would estimate an MSRP for a master set somewhere between RotV And SotM at $100 or higher.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion