Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old October 16th, 2010, 10:53 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!
Re: Bay Area Brawl - NHSD'10

Ahh, another NHSD in the books. It was a blast, and congrats to personwholives for taking the day.

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old October 16th, 2010, 10:55 PM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!

Heya! Congrats to everyone & a fun time was had by all...Especially to the new guy, personwholives, who walked in at the last minute & then walked away with first place!

I however went 2-3, but my army won 5-0!

And, did anyone take home an extra set of grey order markers? I loaned them out for the first match & then they went missing...

I didn't get any good photos...just a bunch of mediocre ones...

Oh, and please check out my show from last night...I think I mentioned NHSD, Heroscape and/or Heroscapers.com 3 or 4 times during the show: http://www.thedividingline.com/cc.html

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN

Last edited by Carnival Man; October 17th, 2010 at 12:32 PM. Reason: added photo, etc.
Old October 17th, 2010, 02:13 AM
Advocates Stripping (& Is 47.8% Right)

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Whoo!

I want to thank everyone for coming out, it was a great NHSD. 'Grats again to Personwholives for taking 1st. Menchi took 2nd, and Grimfang took third.

I have a whole mess of tourney info that I'll be posting in a few days, as well as a gallery of pictures which I'll upload and link here, so keep an eye out for that.

Dnutt99 has claimed the next Nor-Cal event, a faction based tournament, which will happen sometime in January. Stay tuned.

Again, it was a blast everyone. Thanks.

- Heroscape is a standing game. -
Old October 17th, 2010, 10:33 AM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninValentina View Post
Dnutt99 has claimed the next Nor-Cal event, a faction based tournament, which will happen sometime in January. Stay tuned.
Hey Dnutt99! If you're running it, will it be in Oakland?

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old October 17th, 2010, 12:28 PM

tshill12 Woo who?

Well, another NHSD is in the books and once again it didn't fail to disappoint! It was great to see so many new faces and it's always nice to see the same old ones too! The highlight of the day for me had to be when the Hill brothers scored back to back full card victories over Ronin. I'm sorry my friend, you could win a thousand main events at a thousand GenCon's, and I still don't think I'd ever let you live that down. This years tournament was a really fun format and I got add at least a half dozen units to my Heroscape resume so all in all I give it two big thumbs up. I can't wait to see what Dnutt cooks up for January and I hope to see everyone there!
Old October 17th, 2010, 05:24 PM
Advocates Stripping (& Is 47.8% Right)

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hah. Enjoy it while you can. You guys didn't defeat me, luck did!

- Heroscape is a standing game. -
Old October 17th, 2010, 07:52 PM

Xonk21 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

You guys defeated me! Thanks again, for putting on the whole thing. I had a great time, and I hope to go to the next one!
Old October 17th, 2010, 08:22 PM

zyx is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Cool Re: Bay Area Brawl - NHSD'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xonk21 View Post
You guys defeated me! Thanks again, for putting on the whole thing. I had a great time, and I hope to go to the next one!

I had a great time to I think the next one should be sooner!!!!
Old October 18th, 2010, 01:08 AM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'd be interested in people's impression of a couple of the maps. One of them looked interesting but I never got a chance to play on it. The other is my design and I'd like to know what people think.

Anybody who had an opportunity to play on map #3 (Riven) or #5 (Overgrown) please let me know about your experience on the map.

Riven was mostly dungeon tiles with the chasm of shadow down the length. Overgrown had the two slightly elevated road platforms/bridges in among the jungle.

Thanx,
~Z

P.S. Anybody got battle reports posted anywhere?

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old October 18th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Just for bragging rights (because I've never come close to doing this well before, and I'm not sure I ever will again ), had we used a more traditional scoring system the final standings would have been
  1. Menchi 5-0 (1530)
  2. Killometer 4-1 (1410)
  3. personwholives 4-1 (1030)
Edit: And the Cyp/Krav/Pks x3 army that I suggested that Carnival Man brought went 5-0 on the day. I guess I should have brought that instead of my 2-3 Braxas/Dividers x5 build.

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)

Last edited by Killometer; October 18th, 2010 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Of course if we had used a more traditional army system, I wouldn't have gotten so many awesome match-ups. Sorry Ronin. ;)
Old October 18th, 2010, 07:56 PM

Xonk21 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
I'd be interested in people's impression of a couple of the maps. One of them looked interesting but I never got a chance to play on it. The other is my design and I'd like to know what people think.

Anybody who had an opportunity to play on map #3 (Riven) or #5 (Overgrown) please let me know about your experience on the map.

Riven was mostly dungeon tiles with the chasm of shadow down the length. Overgrown had the two slightly elevated road platforms/bridges in among the jungle.

Thanx,
~Z

P.S. Anybody got battle reports posted anywhere?
I really enjoyed riven, even though i was sloughtered by an orc army on it. The layout was nice, and fun, and it looked cool However, I did not get to play on Overgrown
Old October 19th, 2010, 12:57 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
Hey Dnutt99! If you're running it, will it be in Oakland?

~Z
It will actually remain at Game Kastle. In recent years I've noticed that the further north the venue, the smaller the attendee number. Game Kastle is by far the best venue I've played at for any of our HS events.

Also, I thouroughly enjoyed playing on riven. There were great line of sight blockers that worked in my favor because of my limited range. It was just a fun map for me all around.

9 RotV - 4 SotM - 5 DDMS - 2 MarvelScape - 7 RttFF - 6 FotV - 5 VW - 4 TT - 4 TJ - 5 GC Xclusive - 6 FB's - 1,561 Figures - 7,147 Hexes - 174.24% Complete -
(All for just $4,000 BUCKS)

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day