Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old December 29th, 2014, 01:07 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Knockback Optional Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggressive Sock View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
I'm a bit confused about KB and water:

1. In the rule book it says to Ignore all special terrain rules except when it would
wound or destroy the figure. To me that means no stopping in water. Is this correct?

2. If we ignore Water's stopping power, wouldn't we also ignore it's no falling damage specail rule?

Thanks!
Thematically it makes sense to not stop directly in water when being knocked back, because of the force behind it.

Also, no it wouldn't cancel out the no falling damage rule, because it specifically states "except when it would wound or destroy the figure". But thematically, landing in water from knock back would still break the fall, thus no falling damage.
See I was reading it very literally. Like Lava can wound a figure while water stops a figure from being wounded.

However, if there is ever an "official" healing pool, then by the same logic the figure would heal as it move over the pool by knockback.

Water is weird.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old December 29th, 2014, 01:56 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

1. In the rule book it says to Ignore all special terrain rules except when it would
wound or destroy the figure. To me that means no stopping in water. Is this correct?

2. If we ignore Water's stopping power, wouldn't we also ignore it's no falling damage specail rule?

Thanks!
Thematically it makes sense to not stop directly in water when being knocked back, because of the force behind it.

Also, no it wouldn't cancel out the no falling damage rule, because it specifically states "except when it would wound or destroy the figure". But thematically, landing in water from knock back would still break the fall, thus no falling damage.
See I was reading it very literally. Like Lava can wound a figure while water stops a figure from being wounded.

However, if there is ever an "official" healing pool, then by the same logic the figure would heal as it move over the pool by knockback.

Water is weird.
It wouldn't heal the figure by those rules. You ignore the terrain unless it wounds or destroys the figure. Healing doesn't fall under either of those, quite the opposite.
Old December 29th, 2014, 02:28 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Also the healing would probably be worded like this: "If a figure ends its movement on a water space..."
Old December 29th, 2014, 02:37 PM

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks!

Water is weird.
It wouldn't heal the figure by those rules. You ignore the terrain unless it wounds or destroys the figure. Healing doesn't fall under either of those, quite the opposite.
Then I'm back to thinking that "falling" into water would take falling damage, since the water has a special terrain rule that "stops" the falling damage from occuring.

Old December 29th, 2014, 02:44 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

This was just discussed a couple pages back. I think this sums it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgieboy3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgieboy3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
After reading all this:

1) I concur with the ruling. Since water stops movement, if you are supposed to be KB'd 3 spaces and space 2 lands you in water, you would roll for KB damage.

2) House rule it if you would prefer the have the figure skip like a stone over adjacent water spaces.

3) I thought we were not using optional knockback rules in playtests.
I've only done a few it will not happen again. I didn't know. I would play with Knock Back because I tried a lava map, and for me it actually gives a good reason(to me) for the card to have super strength.

Also if someone could clear this up for me this is what started this. 1 if a figure was Knocked Back 1 space and there was nothing in its way the player receivers no damage.(but would you roll for disengagement) 2 if your figure gets knocked into another figure they both receive Knock Back damage? 3 you can only get Knock Back Damage if you Can't move the whole amount of your. Knock Back?
1. Correct. If the figure can move the required spaces, there is no roll for Knockback damage.
2. If the movement is prevented, roll one unblockable die against each figure.
3. Figures moved by Knockback do not take any leaving engagement attacks (that's written in the Movement section).
Ok thanks, so did the core of this group decide if you fly across water or do you stop and take damage. Like you have said the rules would say yes because of stop of movement. Sorry for the confusion, and thanks for the help.
The ruling is it stops your movement, so if it preemptively ends your KB movement you roll for KB damage.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old December 29th, 2014, 03:45 PM

Fair enough,

However, it is often difficult to know when a "ruling" is an opinion, or if it is "official". I fully realize I can decide for myself, but seeing as there was extensive playtests done to create the rule set, not to mention playtests to balance superhero figures it is best to play as the designers intended.

That said, it may be worth getting someone to update the OP with clarification regarding water, since it seems to be (at least to me) counter to the wording in the rule book. Clarifying the Falling damage/Falling damage into water would be helpful too.

Q: Does a figure knocked back into water and has remaining knockback points, have to stop its movement and roll for knockback damage?
A: Yes, a single spaced figure moving onto one water tile, or a double spaced figure entering onto two water tiles must immediately stop its movement, and if it has remaining knockback points roll for knockback damage.

Q: Does a flying figure knocked back off sever height receive falling or severe falling damage?
A: Yes, a flying figure receives damage from falling unless otherwise stated in the rules.

Q: Does a figure knocked back off sever height onto a water space receive falling or severe falling damage?
A: No, the water prevents the figure from receiving falling damage, however the figure still roles for knockback damage if it has remaining Knockback points.

It is funny this does not come up more with some of the crazy buildings people put into use, or the amount of water put on maps. Infact in the example in the offical rules, Grundy is about to hit Hawkgirl into water.

Old December 29th, 2014, 07:39 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

The rules state to " Determine falling damage after Knockback has been resolved.". This means that you play through the Knockback, determine any damage, and then resolve any possible falling damage afterward, using official falling rules. Knockback has no effect on falling damage.

This makes your second and third FAQs unnecessary (and the second one is incorrect, as the rules state that a flying figure does not have to roll for falling damage). However, the first FAQ is a useful one, and is the official ruling, so hopefully one of our helpful mods can add that to the OP for anyone else who might have the question.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old December 29th, 2014, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
The rules state to " Determine falling damage after Knockback has been resolved.". This means that you play through the Knockback, determine any damage, and then resolve any possible falling damage afterward, using official falling rules. Knockback has no effect on falling damage.

This makes your second and third FAQs unnecessary (and the second one is incorrect, as the rules state that a flying figure does not have to roll for falling damage). However, the first FAQ is a useful one, and is the official ruling, so hopefully one of our helpful mods can add that to the OP for anyone else who might have the question.
I'm not sure my second point is invalid, or even if it is incorrect. As you state, the rules say to resolve the falling damage after the knockback is complete. However, the fall occurred during the knockback, not after it, and thus the Flying power was negated during the fall.

So a figure may have 2 Knockback points. The first sends it over the cliff the second moves it one space further away. The fall occurred before the Knockback movement was completed so you should roll for falling damage, after the Knockback has been resolved if you go by the strict language of the rules.

Honestly, I'm not sure which side I'm on, just that a definitive answer is preferable.

Old December 29th, 2014, 11:30 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post

I'm not sure my second point is invalid, or even if it is incorrect. As you state, the rules say to resolve the falling damage after the knockback is complete. However, the fall occurred during the knockback, not after it, and thus the Flying power was negated during the fall.

So a figure may have 2 Knockback points. The first sends it over the cliff the second moves it one space further away. The fall occurred before the Knockback movement was completed so you should roll for falling damage, after the Knockback has been resolved if you go by the strict language of the rules.

Honestly, I'm not sure which side I'm on, just that a definitive answer is preferable.
The definitive answer is exactly what the rules say. Knockback gets resolved first, and then you resolve any potential falling damage. Yes, it might be a little unthematic, but mechanically it is sound. Sometimes, theme must be sacrificed for mechanical balance. You can however house rule it that you roll for falling damage whenever it occurs.
Old December 29th, 2014, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Question - if a flying figure is knocked back, can it take falling damage?
Yep.

Quote:
KNOCKBACK: MOVEMENT
When moving the figure, count changes in elevation normally and
ignore all abilities that affect the figure's movement such as Flying,
Climbing, etc.
And just as a note, figures with Flying CAN take falling damage at any time unless a power specifically says that it cannot (Shurrak), because Flying is optional. So you could chose to NOT have your Raelin fly as she walks off of a cliff and falls for damage. This is especially useful when taking over a figure's mind temporarily.
Also this clearly outlines the Falling Damage. I think Grif would be the authority here.

Old December 30th, 2014, 01:05 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Flying figures have always been able to take falling damage unless otherwise stated on their card. Not sure why this is an issue. Whether the figure falls due to knockback or some kind of pushing type power/attack from the opponent's figure, it still works the same.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 30th, 2014, 01:45 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Quote:

It is funny this does not come up more with some of the crazy buildings people put into use...
I might just interject here that C3G has never endorsed the use of my buildings with their customs figures and rules. Their knock back rules have simply not been play tested with my custom terrain in mind. Therefore, if you are playing a strictly C3G game, I really do not think you can fairly apply C3G knock back rules if you use my custom structures. Or any of my interactive terrain feature rules for that matter.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library