Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

View Poll Results: Do these cards look and feel right
Right on 14 70.00%
ehh, maybe 6 30.00%
Don't quit your day job 0 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 10th, 2018, 08:55 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Trex's customs: Star Wars Republic Forces 10/07/18

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Are there any other figures you use proxies for? I thought about cammo-ing up a few Scout troopers to turn into 41st but decided not. I may still. I haven't ordered anything yet.
The kashyyyk troopers arent too expensive. I did paint quite a few scout troopers up for my squads for a bit of a variety in poses. Either/or would work fine here. Whatever you can get cheaper or less of a pain to deal with. Regular clone troopers with some fine orange or blue markings make great airborne or 501st. Those models are generally just as cheap. The wookiee warriors have tons of different options. Basically any melee wookiees that are out there will do. For my ranged squad Im guessing ill make into a 2 man squad as well. There are a handful of gun totin wookiee models out there for cheap as well. Im not sure which models I will put on the card yet. For the regular phase 1 clones there are tons of models. I dont plan on making clone captains and sergeants amd all that so those figures work for the regular clones as well. Just the commanders will do nicely as heroes here. The only reason I made common Imperial heroes is to help with the massive handicap stormtroopers have killing heroes. Its not needed here though I think. What is cool though is a regular clone doesnt have the chance to wound a droideka without being on height. I like that.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 10th, 2018, 10:05 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@japes , got the Wookiees updated. I also felt I should specify one additional normal attack in the Wookiee Rage Power so tarfful couldn't do a special attack for the second one. Here''s a link to the original post.
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...&postcount=121

Old October 10th, 2018, 11:22 PM
"like" happy

revised

Last edited by TREX; August 2nd, 2021 at 04:55 AM.
Old October 10th, 2018, 11:58 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Are there any other figures you use proxies for? I thought about cammo-ing up a few Scout troopers to turn into 41st but decided not. I may still. I haven't ordered anything yet.
The kashyyyk troopers arent too expensive. I did paint quite a few scout troopers up for my squads for a bit of a variety in poses. Either/or would work fine here. Whatever you can get cheaper or less of a pain to deal with. Regular clone troopers with some fine orange or blue markings make great airborne or 501st. Those models are generally just as cheap. The wookiee warriors have tons of different options. Basically any melee wookiees that are out there will do. For my ranged squad Im guessing ill make into a 2 man squad as well. There are a handful of gun totin wookiee models out there for cheap as well. Im not sure which models I will put on the card yet. For the regular phase 1 clones there are tons of models. I dont plan on making clone captains and sergeants amd all that so those figures work for the regular clones as well. Just the commanders will do nicely as heroes here. The only reason I made common Imperial heroes is to help with the massive handicap stormtroopers have killing heroes. Its not needed here though I think. What is cool though is a regular clone doesnt have the chance to wound a droideka without being on height. I like that.
I have three squads of phase I, two of the 212th, and one of the 501st and the Delta Squad. So I've got a good start there. I also have a couple of the RPS launcher soldiers to deal with those super battle droids and droidekas was well as a medic and a couple of snipers.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 11th, 2018, 12:42 AM
"like" happy

@japes , what figures are used for your snipers, medic,and heavy troopers? I hadnt thought about making cards for those. I currently have 6 squads of phase 1 clonetroopers, 3 squads of kashyyyk troopers with gree,4 squads of 501st troopers with rex, 4 squads of airbourne troopers with cody, 3 squads of galactic marines with bacara, all of delta squad, arc trooper alpha, tarfful, and 11 squads of wookiee warriors. When I make the wookiee commandos ill have 7 two man squads of those. There are so many jedi to make too. Im too scared to make those right now. Far as droids go. I will be using HoSS B1s and destroyers. I plan on making magnaguards 2man squads, and we need some Super battle droids too. Probably go 3 man squad there. I have a cool hailfire droid and tank droid that are probably too big for a peanut base as well. I cant help to think we need ventress and Dooku too. Im getting ahead of myself though. Im done making cards until I get this first batch tested I think. Ill try to get some pics of my repaint troopers up by the weekend.

Old October 11th, 2018, 01:36 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

For Snipers I use Saleucami Trooper #37 Champions of the Force Star Wars Miniatures

Mainly because he has a longer blaster and he matches the PS2 Battle front games red color scheme.

For Heavies I use Heavy Clone Trooper #15 Jedi Academy Star Wars Miniatures Common

I have an extra of this guys Utapau Trooper #38 Champions of the Force Star Wars Miniatures Common So I plan on adding some paint to create my Bacara if I can make it work.

The Medic was easy I think I just took a generic all white clone trooper and painted the medic symbol on him and for Kix (the 501st Medic from Clone Wars cartoon) I just took a 501st figure and added a touch of red.

Finding a figure with a backpack would be better but I may just create something.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 15th, 2018, 01:18 AM
"like" happy

Trex's customs: Star Wars Republic Forces 10/07/18

revised

Last edited by TREX; August 2nd, 2021 at 04:56 AM.
Old October 15th, 2018, 02:29 AM
"like" happy

Trex's customs:The Prince of Persia 10/15/18

revised

Last edited by TREX; August 2nd, 2021 at 04:56 AM.
Old October 15th, 2018, 09:52 AM
A Man of Taste

Re: Trex's customs:The Prince of Persia 10/15/18

I ordered my Star War Mini's last night. My son is already creating his "Clone Wars Box" so he can have a portable version of Heroscape. He's compiling all his Clone Wars era mini's, some custom plants & trees, a few Tiles and a set of the maps from AotP.

He thought that if he covers all the water spots on the map with tiles he can make the boards look like geonosis and by adding a bunch of plants he cam make it look like other places. He found a wooded art supply at goodwill awhile back and has been looking for something to make out of it.

Old October 15th, 2018, 10:44 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Airborne Clones need a little clarification on timing. What if multiple opponents draft Airborne Clones: in what order do the players place figures? I think maybe the figures would be placed after rolling initiative for the first round; place in initiative order.

EDIT: Also, I really like Grievous. Disengage is right on for theme. Your design is almost identical to what the group came up with before we were formally "HoSS". The retreat power we called "A Coward's Retreat". It was a one time use power that allowed you to heal up to two wounds. Take a look, from in the old thread in the Sanctum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pre-HoSS group
General Grievous
Cyborg
Unique Hero
General
Fearsome
Medium 6

Life 5
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 5
Defense 4

Droid Command
After revealing an order marker on this card, after moving and instead of attacking with General Grievous, you may attack with up to 3 Droid squad figures you control.

Lightsaber Assault Special Attack
Range 1. Attack 4.
When General Grievous attacks with his Lightsaber Assault Special Attack, he may attack with this special attack 3 additional times. Reduce the number of times he may attack by one for each wound marker on this army card to minimum of one attack.

A Coward's Retreat
If General Grievous recieves enough wounds from an attack to be destroyed, ignore all wounds and immediately move General Grevious up to 8 spaces. General Grevious must end his movement unengaged and does not take any leaving engagement attacks when moving with A Coward's Retreat. You may remove up to 2 wound markers from General Grievous' army card. A Coward's Retreat may only be used once per game.

Old October 15th, 2018, 12:25 PM
A Man of Taste

I think that's the one I played. I do recall the droid command power.

Yep it was...
Here's the card I made

I even put the HoSS logo on the card so I'd remember where I found him.

Old October 15th, 2018, 01:03 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Airborne Clones need a little clarification on timing. What if multiple opponents draft Airborne Clones: in what order do the players place figures? I think maybe the figures would be placed after rolling initiative for the first round; place in initiative order.

EDIT: Also, I really like Grievous. Disengage is right on for theme. Your design is almost identical to what the group came up with before we were formally "HoSS". The retreat power we called "A Coward's Retreat". It was a one time use power that allowed you to heal up to two wounds. Take a look, from in the old thread in the Sanctum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pre-HoSS group
General Grievous
Cyborg
Unique Hero
General
Fearsome
Medium 6

Life 5
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 5
Defense 4

Droid Command
After revealing an order marker on this card, after moving and instead of attacking with General Grievous, you may attack with up to 3 Droid squad figures you control.

Lightsaber Assault Special Attack
Range 1. Attack 4.
When General Grievous attacks with his Lightsaber Assault Special Attack, he may attack with this special attack 3 additional times. Reduce the number of times he may attack by one for each wound marker on this army card to minimum of one attack.

A Coward's Retreat
If General Grievous recieves enough wounds from an attack to be destroyed, ignore all wounds and immediately move General Grevious up to 8 spaces. General Grevious must end his movement unengaged and does not take any leaving engagement attacks when moving with A Coward's Retreat. You may remove up to 2 wound markers from General Grievous' army card. A Coward's Retreat may only be used once per game.

You are right on the timing thing. My one brother used airborne elite in one of the games against them. We rolled a dice off to see who placed first. Really though your idea works after initiative is rolled because they get placed on the board either way. Ill figure a way to get it in there without the wordiness. On the grievous card I never seen you guys version. That card is much more complex and 70 points more. They both come across with the theme. Ive been trying to keep the cards fairly simple yet thematic. Also with a 200 pt grievous thats alot less droids your going to get. You guys will have to figure out which route you want to take with him. My last version of grievous had a regenerating ability and it came off more annoying than thematic. He only repairs his limbs between battles. Heroscape is more like a single battle.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards