Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old August 15th, 2011, 07:04 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Yesterday's action:
3x Heroscape using C3G "correct" Batman specific armies although I did use Lex Luthor as a proxy for Alfred after a lengthy "discussion" (my son is very particular for someone who has no skin in the game). I went 1-2; Batman can get wicked with Evasive Strike.

2x Castle Panic - We got our first legitimate win! There were high fives on this one. This game is tough and maybe I get a little too into it, but I find myself exhausted after this game. I'm getting old.
Fun game though, thanks again to SuperflyTNT for the hook.

G-O
Old August 15th, 2011, 07:55 AM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker

Speaking of Castle Panic, I scored a copy for 30% off on a tax free weekend at B&N for 24 bucks!

Wasn't really able to game this weekend now that I've started my Bachelors program and vacation from work is over.

It's back to the grind...

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old August 15th, 2011, 11:17 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Been playing Dominion basically every night since Gen Con and my wife just beats the crap out of me every time....but this TIME! 147 - 53!!!! I love me some Golems / King's Court / Goons / Hunting Party / Horn of Plenty. My wife was busy trying to transmute her whole deck while I was flying through mine!! I suppose rubbing it in wasn't the best idea...looks like I'll be on the couch tonight... (but it was totally worth it!)

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old August 16th, 2011, 07:12 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Got to play Blood Bowl (with the minis, not Team Manager) last night. One member of our group has a bunch of teams and sets and was trying to get a Blood Bowl league going. I really liked the game, but am on the fence about joining the league as it's a 2 hour ++ game, and more so for noobs. We'll see. But it was cool having my Orc team smashing my opponent's Human Norse team. The hardest part was figuring out zones for support for making blocks/blitzes.

I also got to play 7 Wonders for the first time. We had 7 players and the scores ranged from 32-57. I finished 3rd with 47 points. It was fun and just takes more experience to figure out what the different symbol etc. mean. But lots of fun for sure.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 16th, 2011, 07:49 AM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker

I managed to squeeze in a game of Camelot Legends last night. My girlfriend won, but she didn't beat the snot out of me like last time, heh. This game requires a little more strategy than I lend to which I make quite a few mistakes because of it. Final scores were 29 to 27.

www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old August 16th, 2011, 09:28 AM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I played Sentinels of the Multiverse and Quarriors last night!
Old August 16th, 2011, 10:32 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Learned to play Cave Troll and Kingsburg over the last couple days. Check two more off the 'games collecting dust that I had yet to play' list.

Boston Marathon 4/15/13 3:39:41
Last Race: Naragansett Running Festival 7/21/13 - Half Marathon - 1:50:01
Next Race: KeyBank Vermont Marathon 5/25/14
Old August 16th, 2011, 10:50 AM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!

I like Kingsburg a lot.

Cave troll's OK, though I've only played it with 2 and think it would be better with more.

Krugkiller and I just kept chanting An ADVENTURER! Everytime we played one.

You had to be there.

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.
Old August 16th, 2011, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Land-based AE View Post
Cave troll's OK, though I've only played it with 2 and think it would be better with more.
My experience with Cave Troll had three players and I thought it was pretty fun, although I know some games work with two players but were best made for more.

Old August 16th, 2011, 11:29 AM
...IS Mediocre

hoju511 is surprisingly tart

Just opened my copy of Death Angel.

After three miserable solo games without ever getting past the second room, I asked lil'hoju to try a game.
We then went on to beat the game with less then a 50% loss to our space marines.
He then looks at me and says "I thought you said this was going to be hard?"

................. Teenagers......................

At A.E.
Can you say "New Micro-Corp"
Get back here soon, we need to school this boy!
Old August 16th, 2011, 12:27 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Land-based AE View Post
I like Kingsburg a lot.

Yeah, I played a two games of Kingsburg a couple years ago, got my own copy about a year and a half later, and it's been sitting for a solid 6-7 months since. My brother refreshed my memory yesterday, and it was just as much fun as I remembered. The more players the better IMO.

Same with Cave Troll, with a full compliment of players (4) I imagine it would be a blast.

Boston Marathon 4/15/13 3:39:41
Last Race: Naragansett Running Festival 7/21/13 - Half Marathon - 1:50:01
Next Race: KeyBank Vermont Marathon 5/25/14
Old August 16th, 2011, 11:03 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Rune Age tonight - Played the Cataclysm scenario with my wife and daughter, still lost. I am 0-3 against it. We only had 2 more cards to go in the event deck though so that was the closest I've been. The Elves just seem bad for this scenario. I think we'll try it next time with the other 3.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games