Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old December 16th, 2009, 09:58 AM
Colorblind Kid

southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

I dont know why but every team deathmatch i went into last night had unlimited ammo on everything without reloading! you could just hold the trigger and shoot noob tubes like a machine gun, or just throw infinate knives or smoke! made for some fun games.
Old December 19th, 2009, 06:10 PM

karl with a k knows what's in an order marker karl with a k knows what's in an order marker

I hate some of the stuff that has been happening. Like the private matches. I can't join a game without being in one of those. A million people on rust with friendlys killing you sucks.

Old December 19th, 2009, 06:14 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Bad game, IMO. A video game that teaches you how to kill people is horrible, it should be outlawed really. That's all I'm gonna say.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old December 19th, 2009, 06:39 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Cause I'm really learning about how to actually kill people when they all have guns, and I have just a knife with some special powers that make me run fast forever... Or magically using two full barrel shotguns at the same time... Or getting enough kills in a row (without dying myself, though I spontaneously re-spawn afterward) so that I can nuke everyone on the board including myself and still win. Very realistic.

Star Wars:Battlefront teaches you how to kill people in a futuristic world (which you mentioned in the "game you're playing" thread) with force powers and from space ships, should that be banned too? Just in case those things actually become real, and all of a sudden we have a generation of "trained" killers on our hands?

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old December 19th, 2009, 06:41 PM
#1 CoN Player & Charos Cultist innocently oiling another man

Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
Bad game, IMO. A video game that teaches you how to kill people is horrible, it should be outlawed really. That's all I'm gonna say.
I personally think you are going WAY too far there, but each to his own.

I'd definitely agree that some parents need to be harder, and not let their kids play games like this until they are older. Some of the youth that are allowed to play games like this it is just shocking.

With that being said this game is very graphic, however it isn't any worse than many of the R rated films and violent Television shows out there. If we're going to be banning things, then those need to be banned as well.

And finally saying that the video game teaches people how to kill is almost like saying Biology class teaches me how to kill. I know that shooting a bullet through a body will kill them. Playing the game does not really in any way teach people how to go kill someone...especially not in any worse ways than movies and television do.

Just my thoughts on a tough subject.

Ranior is DJ Khosumet the current and hopefully future Dark Lord...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old December 19th, 2009, 06:50 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Trying....hard...not.....to...rebuttal! Input....already...given!

Old December 19th, 2009, 11:53 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Trying....hard...not.....to...rebuttal! Input....already...given!
Why don't you do it? If you make a point, expect some responses.
Old December 20th, 2009, 03:31 AM

ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker

In the Game Stop near me where they opened at midnight and had a big thing for the game they had army recruiters. They gave free military style haircuts, handed out game guides, let people try on gear, and test out real night vision goggles. they really tried to appeal to everybody.

The thought behind them being there is that being people who play this game are more desensitized than the average person to killing and would do well in the military because of it.

I don't think it makes them more likely to be violent, but I think if they got in the situation to kill it would be easier for them. Whether the situation be for a good thing or bad thing.
Old December 20th, 2009, 05:43 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:

Seriously? You think that this game teaches you how to kill? As far as I can tell, the game (like most FPSs) show you that shooting someone with a gun can kill them. Did you not know this already? Are you proposing that people are actually learning this information for the first time via this game?

Any game with a human/human-like character in it that has a death/elimination factor can "teach people how to kill". Super Mario Brothers showed Mario dying after he fell into lava. Is this "teaching people how to kill".

Please elaborate on your arguement. I realize that some people don't like the violence depicted, but I don't think that the accusation that this game "teaches people how to kill" is fair.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old December 20th, 2009, 05:48 PM

I thought about why I feel it's a bad game, and came up with a better reason. I think it's bad because parents will let their children play. The childrens' minds are still developing, and if they see the "coolness" of shooting, that could affect their brain's development. It could get in their head that shooting is "cool."

Old December 20th, 2009, 08:07 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
I thought about why I feel it's a bad game, and came up with a better reason. I think it's bad because parents will let their children play. The childrens' minds are still developing, and if they see the "coolness" of shooting, that could affect their brain's development. It could get in their head that shooting is "cool."
I can agree with you there. The game is rated "17 and up" for a reason. The player needs to be mature.
Old December 20th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Colorblind Kid

southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
That would be failure on the parents end and not on the game itself.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games