Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old May 16th, 2021, 07:54 PM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!
Re: C3G Strategy Discussion - Professor Zoom

Old May 16th, 2021, 07:57 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: C3G Strategy Discussion - Gorilla Grodd

Grodd is solid but nothing special due to lack of synergies. He's hard to put down with his auto shield, and Cognizant Control can do some nifty tricks since it doesn't have a range limit (an enemy Human Torch should watch out!) - but it's far from reliable.
Old May 16th, 2021, 08:39 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

He's really good with the GCW but not so hot outside of that. 2/C+ from me.
Old May 16th, 2021, 09:48 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

GCW and Telepath synergies are both solid. On a huge map with a D20 booster, this guy can be downright terrifying. Situational, but Puppet Master got reevaluated for less (and costs half of what this guy does, I realize). He's a pretty useful turtling piece, if not quite as hot as Mentallo or Puppet Master for the purpose. What he has over those two, though, (other than limitless range) is that if the fight comes to him he can take a few punches.

3 for me because he is a tad more situational (though one of the best big map units we have) but I'd go B+.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 17th, 2021, 01:08 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Grodd was one of my favorite figures to play way back when. He's still solid. The GCW are a very solid squad on top of it. Love this guy.
Old May 18th, 2021, 10:47 AM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!

I really like Simian builds and have played Grodd a few times, He's never disappointed me.

Grodd/Solovar/Detective Chimp/Gorilla City Warriors x3 is a very solid 1000 point army. Solovar and Chimp really boost your defense (if Chimp reveals OM 1, otherwise you want to reveal OM 3 and beat up that figure), and the GCW/Grodd are your frontline and just charge the enemy.

Having to reveal the OM on Grodd to use his mind control means I'm not using it often in this build, unless there's a figure I REALLY want to take like a Human Torch.
Old May 18th, 2021, 10:50 AM

Old May 18th, 2021, 11:34 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFoods View Post
I really like Simian builds and have played Grodd a few times, He's never disappointed me.

Grodd/Solovar/Detective Chimp/Gorilla City Warriors x3 is a very solid 1000 point army. Solovar and Chimp really boost your defense (if Chimp reveals OM 1, otherwise you want to reveal OM 3 and beat up that figure), and the GCW/Grodd are your frontline and just charge the enemy.

Having to reveal the OM on Grodd to use his mind control means I'm not using it often in this build, unless there's a figure I REALLY want to take like a Human Torch.
Yeah, the trade off of having to not use your efficient simian turn to take an attempt with Grodd is the downside of this army. That said, it can also be a good way to bait the opponent into coming to you, which is nice when you have a swarming melee army.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 18th, 2021, 11:36 AM

Re: C3G Strategy Discussion - Lex Luthor (Battlesuit)

For Lex, he's all right. He's fairly counterdrafty, with that special not being worth much outside of Kryptonians. He's a fast ranged flier with high defense, which is nice, and Criminal synergies (and criminal fodder) are enough to help him take advantage of his last power. But he's more of a tank than a killer. For 280 points I want something that I can count on to damage heavy hitters more reliably.

2/B- for me (the 2 because I really feel like he shines in the right context, but that context depends on your opponent).

Old May 18th, 2021, 11:43 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I think Battlesuit Lex is pretty terrible. He's got reasonable bulk, but his offensive output is really poor for someone of his cost. Even Kryptonite Blast is only 3 attack vs 4 defense when used against Superman.
Old May 18th, 2021, 11:49 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Yeah I know I tested this guy and I mentioned during the tests that he's just not a terribly fun characters. He's real tough to put down, but his offense isn't great enough for his cost. It just makes endgames a bit of a slog.

I don't think he's TERRIBLE, as his synergies are good and he can definitely clean up in endgames. But it's just not fun since those endgames take forever.
Old May 18th, 2021, 11:52 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

My facorite LEx to date and a Solid Criminal option. 3/B

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy