Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old October 2nd, 2015, 12:14 AM

The Silver King is surprisingly tart
How to clean Heroscape figures/cards??

Hello there,
I just bought some figures off of eBay and the figures and their cards have a bit of a funky garage smell to them. I was wondering if it is possible to clean them, and if so with what? I figured rubbing alcohol might ruin the paint or card stock, was I correct in thinking this? Any advice would be appreciated.
Old October 2nd, 2015, 02:46 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: How to clean Heroscape figures/cards??

There was a recent thread on how to clean terrain that mostly applies the same. FYI, since you are now, just wanted to point out that you can use the Search\Advanced Search at the top of the site and search for things like clean and as an added option, select "Search Titles Only" to find some answers to questions that there is already an answer to on the site.

To answer your question from that linked thread and my experience, soap and water with a rag and/or Q-tip work well, but you can use rubbing alcohol or alcohol based cleaners if you want extra power. Dishwasher is not recommended on figures with guns, swords, or other small protrusions as it can bend them, but if you do use a dishwasher, definitely do not use heated dry. A related note is if figures are bent, dip in boiling water for a few seconds then bend into place.
Old October 2nd, 2015, 03:48 PM

The Silver King is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
There was a recent thread on how to clean terrain that mostly applies the same. FYI, since you are now, just wanted to point out that you can use the Search\Advanced Search at the top of the site and search for things like clean and as an added option, select "Search Titles Only" to find some answers to questions that there is already an answer to on the site.

To answer your question from that linked thread and my experience, soap and water with a rag and/or Q-tip work well, but you can use rubbing alcohol or alcohol based cleaners if you want extra power. Dishwasher is not recommended on figures with guns, swords, or other small protrusions as it can bend them, but if you do use a dishwasher, definitely do not use heated dry. A related note is if figures are bent, dip in boiling water for a few seconds then bend into place.
Thanks for all the advice, very helpful. I have only been a member of a few forums, and had no idea where the search bar was on this one, so that is handy to know. I will try using soap and water first.
Old October 12th, 2015, 01:16 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@The Silver King , I don't know how you could get rid of the smell on the cards, but laminating them could cover it up. I laminated all my cards for heroscape awhile back and more recently my Magic AOTP cards. It helps them stay good longer from getting bent and spilled on by beverages while playing.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion