Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old September 9th, 2006, 12:25 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
With Spartacus being a new figure...

Do you think that other historical figures could come into play? Since Spartacus could be intregated into Heroscape easily (rebellion), could others be added?

Maybe George Washington...
Old September 9th, 2006, 12:27 PM

feekonea has disabled reputation
I hope not, I would not like that, its cool if we have one, but more than that would be stupid IMO, plus we have a ton of human figs already, we need more different figs. I hope this is just like a unique thing to sparticus, just like the venoc warlord not having an official name.

great traders:

Hilo-scaper and NEMT
Old September 9th, 2006, 12:30 PM

-Zim- has disabled reputation
Give me some Spartans and I'll be fine.

Old September 9th, 2006, 01:37 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Yeah, there are a few too many humans, but I still want some ancient heroes. Gilgamesh, Odysseus, and Aeneas!

I would also love to see a squad of Argonauts, but I doubt it.
Old September 9th, 2006, 01:46 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I want more out of this world figures!!!
Old September 9th, 2006, 02:11 PM

MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby!
I want Joan D'Arc, Sir Gawain, Cristobal Colon (Colombus or whatever you call him), and the best of all... Cyrando D'Bergerac
Old September 9th, 2006, 03:05 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by feekonea
I hope not, I would not like that, its cool if we have one, but more than that would be stupid IMO, plus we have a ton of human figs already, we need more different figs. I hope this is just like a unique thing to sparticus, just like the venoc warlord not having an official name.
We already have three.

Anyway....there's a decent sized thread about this that you all might appreciate. It's got some good info in it.
Old September 9th, 2006, 03:13 PM

bluekitsune13 has disabled reputation
Parmenio was the first real figure, he fought with Alexander the Great, and then Crixus was real too. He was another gladiator with Sparticus.

Old September 9th, 2006, 03:35 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Really? I didn't know Parmenio was real...

Cool! I also had a hunch one of if not both Gladiators were real.
Old September 9th, 2006, 03:51 PM

MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby!
Not exactly real, but have a look at this

Finn
Old September 9th, 2006, 05:54 PM

Rhydderch has disabled reputation
I expect we'll see more historical figures though Hasbro will most likely choose their characters carefully. Ancient or medieval characters are pretty safe for them to make so I would not be surprised to see some Greek or Roman heroes. Other cultural heroes such as those from Asia or Africa/Egypt would be cool too. Middle east heroes from Persia or Arabia or the Ottoman Turks could be neat if they include a desert expansion.

More modern heroes are probably more problematic. I had a discussion with some friends here about it. Can you imagine Hasbro trying to market a game in which little kids get to kill George Washington or Pope John Paul I? =P

Probably not the best way to sell their game!

“Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett, Discworld
Old September 9th, 2006, 06:13 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhydderch
I expect we'll see more historical figures though Hasbro will most likely choose their characters carefully. Ancient or medieval characters are pretty safe for them to make so I would not be surprised to see some Greek or Roman heroes. Other cultural heroes such as those from Asia or Africa/Egypt would be cool too. Middle east heroes from Persia or Arabia or the Ottoman Turks could be neat if they include a desert expansion.

More modern heroes are probably more problematic. I had a discussion with some friends here about it. Can you imagine Hasbro trying to market a game in which little kids get to kill George Washington or Pope John Paul I? =P

Probably not the best way to sell their game!
I could see semi-mythological characters like King Arthur and Robin Hood in the game....characters that are technically real but the popular version of them is likely nothing like the actual person.

I could also see someone like Joan D'Arc or Julius Caesar in this game....as you say...ancient or medieval.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion