Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

View Poll Results: Which Army is the best Zaravi-Basher? (pix below)
(03) 4th Mass. Line x2, Knights of Weston, Sir Denrick, Guilty McCreech, Sentinels of Jandar 2 8.70%
(06) Aubrien Archers x2, Raelin, Guilty McCreech, Saylind, Sgt. Drake Alexander 3 13.04%
(09) Sentinels of Jandar, Concan, Raelin, Thorgrim, Finn 0 0%
(12) Raelin, Sentinels of Jandar, Thorgrim, Kelda, Syvarris 0 0%
(15) Marro Drones x3, Marro Warriors, Su-Bak-Na, Ne-Gok-Sa 8 34.78%
(1 Microcorp Agents x2, Deadeye Dan, Major Q9 4 17.39%
(21) Gladiatrons x2, Dünd, James Murphy, Major X17 2 8.70%
(24) Aubrien Archers x2, Armoc Vipers x2, Deadeye Dan, Venoc Warlord 2 8.70%
(27) Dumutef Guard x3, Anubian Wolves x2, Minions of Utgar, Blade Gruts, Khosumet the Darklord 2 8.70%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 8th, 2006, 03:51 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I went with #24. Bonding is always good and so are numbers.

Old August 13th, 2006, 11:29 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Micro Agents aren't going to get the opportunity for much height or water and even if they do, the bonuses conferred aren't much more effective. I like Deadeye but Zaravi negation is just too beefy to rely much on him.

It looks to me like #6 hopes to fly Saylind across the river and summon Drake. Bold, ballsy, I like it. Stuffs the Zaravi back in their starting zone for a round or two while the other armies get set. But after that, then what? Aubrians and Guilty aren't going to get much done.

Again, I don't believe swarm tactics are going to be most effective against the Zaravi but if any swarm has the chance, it's the marro army of #15. SBN gives you hitting power, NGS is a good tank and wild card. And if you roll well, the drones are bound to bring something down. This gets my vote.
Old August 14th, 2006, 02:51 AM
Uniquest Hero and Classic Drafter 2008

Kahrma knows what's in an order marker Kahrma knows what's in an order marker Kahrma knows what's in an order marker
Looking again at the Zaravi, here are some more observations. All have disengage, flying, and what amounts to an enhanced version of Stealth Armor (call it Stealth Armor 13). If I'm counting correctly, there will be 27 Zaravi on the board. Most of the squads roll 3-4 defense dice, while the heroes roll 4-5. None have a ranged normal attack, and only 7 figures on the board have ranged special attacks/abilities. All are either medium or large - none huge.

With disengage and the ability to ignore some attacks, support figures (Raelin, Saylind, Kelda, Swogs, etc.) may be difficult to defend. Zaravi can move past defenders at will. With flying, they will be difficult to catch or pin down. An opposing army will need to be highly mobile to keep up, and to get to high ground.

With their ability to ignore attacks based on a die roll, more attacks will be needed to bring them down. Kinda like taking out the deathwalkers - the more shots you take at them, the sooner they're gonna go down. In combating them, I'd favor units that can take as many rolls at them as possible per turn - ie. frenzy, hive swarm, multiple attacks.

With only 27 figures on the board, the Zaravi could be stretched thin vs. 4 separate armies. The Zaravi have the equivalent of 6-7 figures vs each separate army. According to the scenario, the starting zones for the defending armies are each 24 spaces. I think numbers will definitely help against the Zaravi - defenders could potentially field 96 figures against them. I would lean toward choosing armies with as close to 24 figures as possible.

Given the Zaravi squads' lack of range, I think ranged fitures will be particularly useful against them. And again, the more attacks per round the better.

JMHO

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games